Computers

Keep it civil
Ron Zee
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2003 Yamaha Roadstar

Computers

Post by Ron Zee »

I had a pretty good laptop. But it was old. It came with windows vista and it was upgraded? to windows 7. everything was fine then it decided to stop working pretty much at all on the internet. Load 10 they say. I could never get 10 to load even though I tried MANY times to do it. So, everyone told me it was because it was old. Enter new laptop. Well, the connection issues remain. I still have problems getting online. Now today, another new computer in the house. SAME THING!
Sounds like the provider right? They claim all is well, no problem with the system. Yet, two houses up the road, same company, my sisters internet is working fine. Go to another company? Nope, this is the only game in town out here. I am getting very angry with these twits and computers in general.
"Do, or do not, there is no try,,"

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: Computers

Post by sgtcall »

Start with the easy one. Did you reboot your router and modem? Just turn them off wait a minute then turn them back on.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I know with all the problems I have every month it is fixed within minutes of me calling my provider (Virgin Mobile) and telling them I just bought and loaded a new top-up card. Once I am out of high speed data time and put back on dial-up speeds I have to occasionally unplug the USB modem to get it to connect to the internet. :bang:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Spyder
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: S50----

Post by Spyder »

Why not take both laptops 2 houses "up the road", & see if they'll connect there...if they do, what will your provider say? :Umm:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Spyder wrote:Why not take both laptops 2 houses "up the road", & see if they'll connect there...if they do, what will your provider say? :Umm:

:funnylast: :clap: :clap: [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Every once and a while we lose electricity and I lose my internet connection......and on occasion it ( the router ) just decides to unplug itself from the internet for no other reason than being the bitch that it is :blink: :bonk:
Simple Solution is to unplug the router...wait 10 minutes then re connect....problem solved...
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:Every once and a while we lose electricity and I lose my internet connection......and on occasion it ( the router ) just decides to unplug itself from the internet for no other reason than being the bitch that it is :blink: :bonk:
Simple Solution is to unplug the router...wait 10 minutes then re connect....problem solved...
I recently had my modem go bad. The internet went down and I tried everything I could think of here. Called the company and they tried reseting from their end and said everything looked good, but they sent out a tech. Come to find out, the modem just went bad. Worked good one day, the next it was down.

BTW, have you tried hooking straight up to the modem with a hard line. I have had routers go bad.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.