Freedom of Association

Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Freedom of Association

Post by Designer »

On Thursday, Madison Square Garden Company boss James Dolan announced that the Radio City Rockettes had to perform at the Trump inauguration. And the Rockettes went off their rockers. One Rockette wrote:

I usually don’t use social media to make a political stand but I feel overwhelmed with emotion. Finding out that it has been decided for us that Rockettes will be performing at the Presidential inauguration makes me feel embarrassed and disappointed. The women I work with are intelligent and are full of love and the decision of performing for a man that stands for everything we’re against is appalling. I am speaking for just myself but please know that after we found out this news, we have been performing with tears in our eyes and heavy hearts. We will not be forced! #notmypresident

George Takei, an ardent Trump opponent, tweeted in their support:

Meanwhile, Anthony Bourdain has announced that he won’t eat at any restaurant hosted at Trump Tower; fashion icon Andre Leon Talley has said he won’t dress Melania anymore; artists whose products hang in Ivanka Trump’s apartment have asked her to remove their art.

Well, well.

Suddenly, it seems, the left has discovered freedom of association. After years of telling religious people that they had a moral and legal obligation to throw out their religion and serve same-sex weddings, provide contraception, and fund abortion, the left now realizes that the ability to pick and choose those to whom you give your services is actually rather vital.

Don’t expect it to last.

Of course artists should be able to turn down clients. So should religious bakers. But you won’t see the left acknowledge that. The only freedom to turn down clients is the freedom for leftists to turn down conservative and religious clients, not the other way around.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Re: Freedom of Association

Post by VRH »

That is not surprising. The left wing has always been a group of two-face holier-than-though group hiding behind a double-standard of values. :hellfire:

So, I will no longer watch Bourdain's boring cable TV show. And, the Rockettes can always quit their job and go show off their booty somewhere else. The rest can go stick it up their stuck up arses.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

SUDDENLY IT'S FASHIONABLE FOR THE TAIL TO WAG THE DOG .... AND SUDDENLY THEY HAVE A CONSCIOUS AND ARE TAKING A STAND WHAT A LOAD ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Spyder
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: S50----

Post by Spyder »

Madison Square Garden Co. said on Friday that no dancers are being compelled to participate.

“For a Rockette to be considered for an event, they must voluntarily sign up and are never told they have to perform at a particular event, including the inaugural,” the company said in a statement, the AP reported. “It is always their choice. In fact, for the coming inauguration, we had more Rockettes request to participate than we have slots available.” :blink: [emoji2]

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Spyder wrote:Madison Square Garden Co. said on Friday that no dancers are being compelled to participate.

“For a Rockette to be considered for an event, they must voluntarily sign up and are never told they have to perform at a particular event, including the inaugural,” the company said in a statement, the AP reported. “It is always their choice. In fact, for the coming inauguration, we had more Rockettes request to participate than we have slots available.” :blink: [emoji2]

:lmao: [space] Yup,.......we have The Good Americans wanting to be there. :rock:

Looks like that *tweet* that was posted from a bitching Rockette was more "fake news" we see The left fabricating to smear THE TRUMP :rock: !!

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

Designer wrote:
Spyder wrote:Madison Square Garden Co. said on Friday that no dancers are being compelled to participate.

:lmao: [space] Yup,.......we have The Good Americans wanting to be there. :rock:

Looks like that *tweet* that was posted from a bitching Rockette was more "fake news" we see The left fabricating to smear THE TRUMP :rock: !!
Figures, I've seen lefties whinging on facebook about how the right 'doesn't think people should have a choice in who they give their services to, unless it discriminates against gays, muslims etc..' such a load of crap. Typical :bs: stuff like this is why I'm allergic to watching the news.
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

In this case, the Rockettes are employees ... that have contracts ... that say they have to honor and work in assigned engagements. They can quit. WTF, it's an inauguration ... not an endorsement of anyone or anything.

You're right, though ... conservative Christians that own a bakery and don't want to bake a wedding cake for a gay marriage are EVIL!!

One way, for sure.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

I'd like to see Eric Church, Chris Stapleton, Jason Andean perform... music with balls for a President with balls, a real change all around.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.