Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

NFL protesting the flag - POWERFUL!!

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

NFL protesting the flag - POWERFUL!!

Ret. Marine Col. Jeffery Powers
Ret. Marine Col. Jeffery Powers wrote to the NFL commissioners the following:

Commissioners,
I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and the Giants Stadium.
I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.
Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.
Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not! My Marines and Soldiers were!
You are complicit in this! You’ll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner.

What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?
I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?
Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!
You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.
Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.
They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday. They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don’t even have ice! Many don’t have legs or arms.
Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.
I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.
Powers originally sent his letter to former Florida congressman Allen West. West then posted the letter to his news website.
As of last week, at least 18 NFL player had protested the anthem by either kneeling during the anthem or raising their fists, according to USA Today Sports.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Re: NFL protesting the flag - POWERFUL!!

Post by DevilsFan »

Great letter and reflects what a lot of us feel.

I know the NFL has (reportedly) lost money this season. I, for one, have not watched an entire game yet this season. I'm so disgusted on the lack of authority towards these idiot babies from the commissioner and league.

Funny thing is, since 9-11, the NFL has promoted the military and has used that "partnership" to increase revenues ever since. Talk about hypocrisy!

In the end, I think getting older has also made me look at sports in general in a different way. It's entertainment. These players make millions to...

1) Throw a ball
2) Run fast

That's it!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

DevilsFan wrote: These players make millions to...

1) Throw a ball
2) Run fast

That's it!
You forgot to add "act like a 6 year old."
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

The players have a 1st Amendment right to disrespect the flag, and the NFL has the right to suspend each one of them for a year for behavior disgusting to true American patriots.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

NE_FL wrote:The players have a 1st Amendment right to disrespect the flag, and the NFL has the right to suspend each one of them for a year for behavior disgusting to true American patriots.
they sure don't have a problem suspending players for much more minor infractions.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Travlin
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: Ummmmmmmm a 1400

Post by Travlin »

Just like all the cliterous supports that were going to leave, but didn't.

Don't like it homeboy? F..king leave, you got the jack.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

My season tickets in The Black Hole cost a chunk. I'm just paying for smash mouth block and tackle football and nothing else... so far none of my boys has disrespected me nor Old Glory nor The National Anthem. :rock:
That city and that team and that QB across The Bay? To hell with the bastids.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.