Intruder Alert, a Year Later.

Keep it civil
Ramjetrider
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1997 Intruder 1400

Intruder Alert, a Year Later.

Post by Ramjetrider »

IA has been gone a year now. I only lurked for the most and that was only for the last of the years in operation. Like IA, I lurk here and only post once in a while. My question to all is "who" of all that did not migrate to this site from the old do you miss the most? I don't mean fight with or even replied to. Who did you just enjoy reading what they had to say. I always enjoyed BillyJack's stories. The names and down south settings he came up with were pure genius.

Who do you miss and wish had come here to continue the online biker experience? :cheers:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: Intruder Alert, a Year Later.

Post by old time rider »

I miss a lot of them.BillyJack you need to hear talk in person.Sounds like the late Shelby Foot on the Ken Burns Civil War series.My hill billy is a 180 from that!
Emu,Frank the Tire God,and lots of others but Chief who was just about gone from old board was so good at saying things that made you think and most the time feel good.We still have some well worth reading on this one.
Face it. If you ride or even own a motorcycle lots of people still view you as way off from normal!We are a group of unlike people with a common like of motorcycles.Post often.No way you are as bad as me at spell and pick.All so more to say people want to hear I bet!

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Lots of members I miss. I "see" a few of them on the facebook page but it's just not the same.

What I miss is the battles between some of the members, battles you just knew were going to happen! [emoji2]

This board is a great way to stay informed as many friendships were made on the purple board. I wish more of the old would join this board and I'm surprised that, once the purple went down, that everyone just didn't jump on over here.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

DevilsFan wrote: I'm surprised that, once the purple went down, that everyone just didn't jump on over here.
You can thank ddog9600 for that bullshit.
-DBTO

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Chief. Hack. Roo.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Although I was a member for about 14 years, I didn't have a bunch of close personal friends on the old IA board. I just didn't know other members that well. I met several of the usual rally crowd (BillyJack, Dr Bob, Laffs, Domn8tr, Merlin, Wildwolf, Big Pond, Plantdawg's Dad) to name a few) at the only rally I ever attended (Fall Gathering, 2006) - all great people. Alf, from nearby Bassett, Virginia was the only IA member I called friend and rode with from time to time. Alf didn't frequent the board that much and even Alf and I have lost contact over the years.

I miss a few of the regulars, their antics and stories, but I like this board much better than what the original IA board evolved into. It wasn't a real fun place to be toward the end. Would I join back up if it was resurrected? Yes, just to catch up on others from the board I haven't seen or heard from since its demise, but I wouldn't leave here. This my new home. Ya'll are doing a good job with this board. [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Thanks SR2. I think it's actually been over 2 years now though. [emoji106] :cheers:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

Who I miss is much the same as who y'all miss. Who I DON'T miss are the ones who went over the line and got extremely vicious in their "debates". Much of that was totally uncalled for. This board is a welcome change in that for the most part we are "keeping it civil." [emoji106]

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I miss that VS800rider guy and him changing his screen names so much. :lolfall: [space] :soda:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

Oh, yeah, I really enjoyed that guy with the bag over his head to remain anonymous while he kept track of the "shenanigans" going on. He was hilarious! :lmao:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

MadCow wrote:
DevilsFan wrote: I'm surprised that, once the purple went down, that everyone just didn't jump on over here.
There were ill feelings from the get-go, once the news of this board spilled out. ddog just sealed the fate for the rest of the old board members. That was a sad thread over there......But, times are new now.

Happy New Year! [emoji106]

Yo-

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT A MOTORCYCLE WOULD CREATE SUCH A GROUP OF FOLLOWERS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE, WHO WOULD COME TOGETHER AS FRIENDS, WHO MOST NEVER

MET, AND STAYED TOGETHER LONG AFTER THEY UNITING CORE WAS LONG GONE ....

A FANTASTIC GROUP OF FINE PEOPLE HERE, WHO UNDERSTAND AMERICAN HISTORY, AND WANT TO PRESERVE IT

THANK YOU TO THE PEOPLE WHO STARTED AND MAINTAIN THIS VENUE !
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

YoDude wrote:
MadCow wrote:
There were ill feelings from the get-go, once the news of this board spilled out. ddog just sealed the fate for the rest of the old board members. That was a sad thread over there......But, times are new now.

Yo-

That's too bad because when I joined the purple board back in 2010(?) I tried to get along with everyone. Ddogg was always one of my favorites for tech info. I did notice he got really personal when a political thread came up. I remember him saying he wasn't going to get involved with any political thread...and then he did and I saw a totally different side to him. Too bad because his knowledge of the Intruders were priceless.
I made a great friend out of an knock-down, drag-out on that board. And I loved meeting the actual people behind the screen names! Many acquaintances from IA that live near me, one helping me out with a lot of motorcycle repairs.

I also think the change in venue, ex: Facebook, has changed the dynamics of the message boards.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

DevilsFan wrote:
YoDude wrote:
MadCow wrote:

Yo-

That's too bad because when I joined the purple board back in 2010(?) I tried to get along with everyone. Ddogg was always one of my favorites for tech info. I did notice he got really personal when a political thread came up. I remember him saying he wasn't going to get involved with any political thread...and then he did and I saw a totally different side to him. Too bad because his knowledge of the Intruders were priceless.
I made a great friend out of an knock-down, drag-out on that board. And I loved meeting the actual people behind the screen names! Many acquaintances from IA that live near me, one helping me out with a lot of motorcycle repairs.

I also think the change in venue, ex: Facebook, has changed the dynamics of the message boards.
He got moderated here, ran over to the purple board all butt hurt like a 4 year old and spread some lies. Those lies were believed by many on the purple board. It's a shame it happened the way it did. Then he came back here a few months later (as predicted) under a new name and went right back to his old ways. Which is unfortunate...he has a lot of knowledge of the Suzuki Intruder line...but most folks don't own them anymore anyway..gone is an era.
-DBTO

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

YoDude wrote:Thanks SR2. I think it's actually been over 2 years now though. [emoji106] :cheers:

Yo-
No, thanks to you and all others who are involved. We should all be reminded from time to time that there's actually time, cost, work and dedication involved developing and managing a site such as this. I think I speak for all when I say we appreciated it. :rock:
lovineveryminuteofit

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:I miss that VS800rider guy and him changing his screen names so much. :lolfall: [space] :soda:

What ever happened to that guy.....I heard he moved to Lost Vegas and you know what they say about Vegas [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Suzuki Johnny wrote: What ever happened to that guy.....I heard he moved to Lost Vegas and you know what they say about Vegas [emoji106]
The last I heard was he bought a motor home and moved to Arizona. :bang:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Digger
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Road Star

Post by Digger »

I remember seeing all the BS about this board being posted on the purple board and it did scare me away for a while. But then I decided to lurk here for a while and check things out for myself. Found out that it was a bunch of lies so I joined here and only regretted that it took me so long to figure out the truth. This board is great and the moderators do a fantastic job. Just sorry that those that didn't come over didn't take the time to find out the truth for themselves. Just because you read something on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Digger wrote:I remember seeing all the BS about this board being posted on the purple board and it did scare me away for a while. But then I decided to lurk here for a while and check things out for myself. Found out that it was a bunch of lies so I joined here and only regretted that it took me so long to figure out the truth. This board is great and the moderators do a fantastic job. Just sorry that those that didn't come over didn't take the time to find out the truth for themselves. Just because you read something on the internet doesn't mean it's true.
Wow, if that's not a declaration of confidence for the board, I don't know what is.

I, the founder (Yo: Steve) and the rest of us, our board administrator, (Madcow: Mike) and especially our board moderator, (98VS1400: Keith) and including all the members, I'm sure, agree with your sentiment. We have all put in our dues to try to make this board a wonderful and memorable site for all that ride and visit here!

I thank you so kindly for your gracious thoughts in your words and all the rest of the members that are saying positive things about OUR board! :bow: :bow: :bow: Thank You!!!

Yo-

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I know that I have found a home here....There ain't no bullshitting here.....Oh wait :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
All kidding aside..this is what the old purple board should have looked like [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"