I don't think Rousey even knew what hit her. Must have been a tornado. :bow:

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/1838 ... main-event
lovineveryminuteofit

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Re: Another short one for Rousey ...

Post by NE_FL »

She took a lot of punishment. :eek: Her career is toast.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

NE_FL wrote:She took a lot of punishment. :eek: Her career is toast.
Remember when no one thought she'd ever be beaten? The only thing that can turn about quicker than a sports career is your health. [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Nothing much uglier than watching chicks fight…

That is, unless it's mud wrestling at a biker event! :rock: :rag: [emoji41]
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

:funnylast: Agree. With MMA fighting, articles of clothing rarely get ripped off. :lmao:
lovineveryminuteofit

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

SuzyRidr2 wrote::funnylast: Mud wrestling rocks! With MMA fighting, articles of clothing rarely get ripped off. :lmao:
Yeppers! To me there is a certain unique femininity to biker babes that really turns my crank and I know most biker dudes feel the same! :rock: And, yeah, right on to the beauty of a mud covered naked breast!!!
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

tyrant
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1400

Post by tyrant »

How did the chick fight become the headliner in the UFC?

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

tyrant wrote:How did the chick fight become the headliner in the UFC?
Well, them chicks seem to me sure look like dudes! If that Rousy babe was my ol lady I'd have to carry a cattle prod to keep from shooting her.
Signifying nothing”

tyrant
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1400

Post by tyrant »

Everything that I am, is all in my mind ...

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

She was way overconfident that she couldn't be beat .Rousey had won so many fights she had forgot what it really takes to win. When you hear it said over and over and over that you can't be beat you begin to believe it. :bang:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Blaine
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 05 S83 07 M50

Post by Blaine »

RoadKing wrote:
tyrant wrote:How did the chick fight become the headliner in the UFC?
Well, them chicks seem to me sure look like dudes! If that Rousy babe was my ol lady I'd have to carry a cattle prod to keep from shooting her.
Really.......Your looking at the wrong pics....Check Sports Illustrated & UTube.
If at first you succeed,don't be surprised.

Sandmanrrr
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Victory XCT VS 1400

Post by Sandmanrrr »

RoadKing wrote:Nothing much uglier than watching chicks fight…

That is, unless it's mud wrestling at a biker event! :rock: :rag: [emoji41]
Agreed, I find nothing redeeming it......... unless its mud wrestling at a biker event :rock:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

Yeah, mud wrestling, very redeeming! :lmao:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

She had her days of glory and for a while I thought also that she was unbeatable.....but that was just a fantasy.....there is always someone waiting in the wings that has trained harder.....done what it takes to be the best at that particular time frame .. and sooner or later that someone will appear in the same ring with you.........

While stationed at Fort Hood, Texas ( Old Ironsides ) in the early sixties I was quite the accomplished pool player... or Hustler if you prefer.. I was young and full of piss and vinegar and for that time I was there....... I was King of the pool hall on base....it was called Fiddlers Green, it was a huge complex taking up a whole block..PX and beer parlour on each corner...Giant auditorium for dances and social gatherings and a what you might call a pool players dream...it was as I remember maybe 50 tables in one open room
.....no one could beat me and no one did......
I was there every night during the week .....you could rent out a rack of balls (free of course ) for an hour and I took on all comers for a dollar a game...some would want to bet more and I obliged them as well, I would gladly pay anyone a few bucks to rent his rack of balls and I did...they lined up..some just to watch me play..others thought they could take me.....Wrong
At the time I was living on base and making about 100 bucks a month.....Private E-1 ....and for a while there I was making more in the pool hall than my regular GI pay. [emoji106]
One evening my friends and I ended up in a bar off base and off limits to boot....and that is where I finally met my waterloo...I forget his name but he was damn good and he took me for at least 50 bucks before I realized he was taking me to the cleaners... [emoji2] ....
It happens to everyone....For a while you're top of the hill and the next thing you know you're in second place
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:She was way overconfident that she couldn't be beat .Rousey had won so many fights she had forgot what it really takes to win. When you hear it said over and over and over that you can't be beat you begin to believe it. :bang:
Or maybe she was fighting mostly below her class. I remember when a lot of people thought Mike Tyson couldn't be beaten, but smart money knew that he was mostly fighting a bunch of nobodies. One has to admit that competition was a little slack when Tyson came up through the ranks. Suddenly, along comes a #7th-ranked underdog - Buster Douglas - who takes away his undefeated title.
lovineveryminuteofit

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Yep. There is always someone better comes along and beats you... unless your name was Rocky Marciano.
Signifying nothing”

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

A rematch is in the works with Rousey getting around $3 million as her share. You better believe she won't go down as fast next time around. She'll change her technique making it harder for Nunes to take advantage of perceived weaknesses. The pay per view last time was $59, anyone think there'll be many takers?

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

EVERY HILL HAS AN UPSIDE AND THEN A DOWNSIDE ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:She was way overconfident that she couldn't be beat .Rousey had won so many fights she had forgot what it really takes to win. When you hear it said over and over and over that you can't be beat you begin to believe it.
Yup
NE_FL wrote:A rematch is in the works with Rousey getting around $3 million as her share. You better believe she won't go down as fast next time around. She'll change her technique making it harder for Nunes to take advantage of perceived weaknesses. The pay per view last time was $59, anyone think there'll be many takers?
I'm not sure she'll be back... she stayed away too long after the first loss... :blink:
98VS1400 wrote:Rousey is done, forget a rematch. The psychology after losing the first time directly led to this second loss. She bought the hype during all those quick wins and hasn't recovered. If she had won this bout, maybe she'd have been back. But after losing? Again? In such embarrassing fashion? Stick a fork in her. The Rousey Experiment is in the books.
Agree. Personally, I place the blame for what happened more on Edmond's shoulders. Ronda came from Judo, which was serving her well at first because none of the girls could compete at her level. Some of her takedowns were legendary. Hip tosses. Arm bar city. As usually happens, the strikers learn how to defend, then strike. That's what Holly did. The jig was up. Edmond convinced Ronda she was a beast and could strike with any of 'em, so she tried to do just that. Twice. Didn't work. She should have honed her natural gifts even further to counter the strikers, and let history remember her as one of the best all around fighters ever. Instead, she tried to box, poorly, and lost...