John check out this place for RV's

Keep it civil
n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

John check out this place for RV's

Post by n-trude »

Quartzsite Az.

Every one will be showing up soon in Az. This is the place. I think for $180 you can camp
7 months on BLM land. Sept 15th till April. long term visitor camping.
Not hooked up, boondocking. So might need some solar. Water storage. LOTs of single women are doing this too.
So you never know... Big Rally of sorts, for full time RVer's this month out there. You could learn a lot from them.

I thought of going just to meet some people who do this. So learning about solar, and wifi hookup off the grid are
good things to know. You Tube is the place to lean about all this.

Any one know a full time RV person?

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: John check out this place for RV's

Post by YoDude »

I used to be a full time RVr when I was living up in WA state. I know quite a lot about them and various issues they can have. I used to run my own web site from my own computer when I was living there too called DudesRV.com. I was also a member of an RV forum called Trailer Life and had posted a lot of content over there. I went looking a while back and some of it still exists to this day. I was involved with a lot of the technical aspects of them. It was a different life style for sure! But even though a lot of it was work and sometime real depressing, it was still fun too.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Quartzsite, Ar is on the to do list once I start the full time RV life. And I also plan on getting one of those $180 for 6 months sites for the winter. After that it will be moving from BLM to BLM sites where you can stay for 14 days free. I'll need one of those $10 lifetime Senior Pass for the national parks. I guess I need to start thinking on getting a bike trailer instead of making the camper trailer. :bonk:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Quartzsite, Ar is on the to do list once I start the full time RV life. And I also plan on getting one of those $180 for 6 months sites for the winter. After that it will be moving from BLM to BLM sites where you can stay for 14 days free. I'll need one of those $10 lifetime Senior Pass for the national parks. I guess I need to start thinking on getting a bike trailer instead of making the camper trailer. :bonk:
Sounds like you're formulating a very doable plan for your future! [emoji106] Hope it all comes together for ya. :rag:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Good luck John! [emoji106]

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Thanks guys, :cheers: But I'm not putting all my eggs in a single basket. I'll keep the 800 just in case the MH needs more work than I think it does. Of course I have a long time till next fall to get it running properly. Plus I need to save up some money as repairs for these old MH's aren't cheap and breakdowns happen more often than we like. :bang:

I read about one lady that bought a newer MH than what I have and she ignored the little red light on the dash saying her ABS wasn't working and she ended up needing a new trans that cost more than $4500. Oh and a new wheel cylinder.

How did she blowup the trans when the ABS light was on? Well it seems she had a back brake wheel cylinder leaking and something that was blowing a fuse she was ignoring. She just kept replacing the fuse and that blown fuse wasn't letting her transmission shift past 3rd gear. So she wasn't getting 4th or 5th gear while driving on the interstate and it caused her tranny to blowup. She spent two weeks and over $5000 learning not to ignore little red lights. :bang: Of course the ABS light really had nothing to do with the tranny but it sounds good. :lolfall:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree: