First ride of the year

Keep it civil
MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

First ride of the year

Post by MattSunn »

Nice day today, got out for a short ride in the 'hood.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: First ride of the year

Post by RoadKing »

Absolutely beautiful. Good Lord knows how much I envy you. Artistic pics! :clap:
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Nice. Looks cold though. But... [emoji106] :bow: :clap:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

First ride, you beat me to it! I'm about ready to head out now. [emoji2]

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

Ah... I just got back from a 50 mile ride along the Delaware River. The temperature was right around 50F. A nice day with a lot of other riders out and about. [emoji106]

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

You had a much better day and better looking bike than my dump truck 1600 RoadStar ride.Bet mine made more racket? :lmao:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Nice !!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I got out for a 112 mile ride, Temp was 51 when I left home, beautiful day. Before I got to the half way point the wind had come up and was blowing at 25 to 30 from the right side. The temp when I stopped for coffee was 45, knew I should have worn the long johns. At least, most of the way home, the wind was behind me.

Not a bad day for a ride, in wintertime northern NV
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Is that a 883 or a 1200... like the color ...love the tanks with that style logo badge.....hate the chrome ones...

Have yet to take a ride in 2017 .....We gettin hammered by thunderstorms but tomorrow at least looks much better.....
gonna turn cold and will make for better weather
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

:rock: :rock: :rock:
-DBTO

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Glad someone is riding. :rock:

I'm not riding for a while. I scrapped my right tibia, mostly just peeled the skin off, while working around the house back before Thanksgiving; wound got infected; bacteria didn't respond to first round of antibiotics; wasted time; went back to the doctor; overnight stay in hospital to run bone scan and vascular tests and observation; another round of 2 different antibiotics for 10 days; beat the infection, but now I have a deep, 3-inch by 1/2 inch open wound that refuses to heal; diagnosed with stasis ulceration, though I'm not diabetic or have any of the typical risk factors; so now my right leg is bound tight from my toes to my kneecap with 4 layers of tight compression bandages ... This is supposed to aid the healing process somehow. I can barely get an over-sized slipper or running shoe on to run errands. No way I can get a boot on. Sawbones says these things can take weeks, even months to heal. :bonk:

Getting old is lots of fun! :lmao:
lovineveryminuteofit

00Vs1400GLP
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2000 Intruder 1400

Post by 00Vs1400GLP »

Getting old may not be so much fun...But it sure beats the other option!

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

00Vs1400GLP wrote:Getting old may not be so much fun...But it sure beats the other option!
Do you know this from personal experience? I ask because nobody gets out of having to go through that other option. It has also been said to be a better place than where we are right now. :blink:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by MattSunn »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:Is that a 883 or a 1200... like the color ...love the tanks with that style logo badge.....hate the chrome ones...

Have yet to take a ride in 2017 .....We gettin hammered by thunderstorms but tomorrow at least looks much better.....
gonna turn cold and will make for better weather
It's a '13 883 Superlow. Harley makes a 1200 version of it that's set up as a tourer. It's almost entirely stock with some add-ons.
We're getting a bunch of rain today, hasn't stopped for a minute.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Did the super low replace the Hugger? Had a new plan jane low bar 1995 and a new 97 Hugger.The plain jane low bar fit me perfect and the longer shocks better for load down with camp gear trip.Put over 11,000 on the 95 in allmost a year as a third bike.97 Hugger did look really good. Me and Johnny are usually together on looks in them but I like old looking metal badges better than decals.Hard to beat a Harley on stock paint and chrome.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by MattSunn »

old time rider wrote:Did the super low replace the Hugger? Had a new plan jane low bar 1995 and a new 97 Hugger.The plain jane low bar fit me perfect and the longer shocks better for load down with camp gear trip.Put over 11,000 on the 95 in allmost a year as a third bike.97 Hugger did look really good. Me and Johnny are usually together on looks in them but I like old looking metal badges better than decals.Hard to beat a Harley on stock paint and chrome.
I guess the Superlow is a replacement for the Hugger, but the Iron 883 could be also. The thing I like best about the Superlow is the radial tires front and rear. The handling difference between my older frame mount Sporties is amazing.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by MattSunn »

VRH wrote:Ah... I just got back from a 50 mile ride along the Delaware River. The temperature was right around 50F. A nice day with a lot of other riders out and about. [emoji106]
Always wanted to ride along the Delaware. 32 on the PA side and 29(?) on the Jersey side look interesting. Want to ride to New Hope one day.

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

MattSunn wrote:
VRH wrote:Ah... I just got back from a 50 mile ride along the Delaware River. The temperature was right around 50F. A nice day with a lot of other riders out and about. [emoji106]
Always wanted to ride along the Delaware. 32 on the PA side and 29(?) on the Jersey side look interesting. Want to ride to New Hope one day.
Riding up RT29 in NJ from Trenton NJ, and sticking as close to the river as you can, is a great ride. The cross over to PA is the Northampton ST Bridge in Philipsburg, NJ. That brings you to Easton, PA where you can take RT 611 South. Then take the RT 32 South exit all the way to Morrisville, PA. Tat will take 3 to 4 hours and is a nice summertime ride and is a complete loop. A little too much risk of ice in the winter months. Lambertville in NJ and New Hope in PA are bridged together. Very arts/crafts/food/curio shops. New Hope will have dozens of MCs lined up curbside while the riders enjoy a sidewalk cafe beer on any sunny weekend day. Both are insanely crowded and driving through the 1 mile stretch of New Hope can take 20-25 minutes.

North of Eaton, PA the ride on either side of the river up to the Delaware Water Gap is another few hours round trip and also a really nice country side ride. I have yet to fully explore the Jersey side. Maybe this summer.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Have rode the rubber mount sportsters but not in a tight cruve at above posted yet.My 95 883 would show 109 mph. Guess all 1200 still have black jugs?
Like the flush mount oil cap better than the old soild mount ones in looks now. Thats the way I tell them apart from a long ways off.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by MattSunn »

old time rider wrote:Have rode the rubber mount sportsters but not in a tight cruve at above posted yet.My 95 883 would show 109 mph. Guess all 1200 still have black jugs?
Like the flush mount oil cap better than the old soild mount ones in looks now. Thats the way I tell them apart from a long ways off.
1200's still have black jugs. I've taken the Superlow up to a little over 90. There's still something left, so maybe someday I'll test it.