Child Prostitution Legalized by liberals.....:-O

Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Child Prostitution Legalized by liberals.....:-O

Post by Herb »

98VS1400 wrote:
Herb wrote:"I'm not advocating government being the answer with this specific problem of juvenile sex crimes. There is a much deeper problem in the family unit which leads to a child whoring herself out for money. None of which are solved by throwing the kid in juvy."

Yeah, I'm not sure of what the full answer to this is, what I do know, government is not the full answer.

Juvenile prostitution is not so much a legal problem as it is a societal problem.

From what I have seen, these kids have been screwed over so many times, before they turn to whoring, that it is pretty much inevitable that they are going to turn to some type of crime.

Not sure there is a real answer to the issue, at least not a legal or government answer.
On this, we can agree! [emoji106] That isn't to say we were disagreeing earlier, as I don't think we were.
I have always been in agreement that putting these girls (and boys) in the legal system isn't' the best idea, I am just not sure that the CA law doesn't present an opportunity to actually make the situation worse.

One thing I do know, there is a percentage of the girls that actually put themselves on the street, to make the money they need to live, or feed a drug habit. What I am also concerned with is that others, knowing that they will only be put in (or back in) the foster care system, may start whoring because they KNOW there will be no real punishment...

Again, I believe the family is the real answer, to the vast majority of these kids, not the government. The problem is, the government has caused many of these problems, by breaking up the family unit and making things worse. So the idea that the government can solve a problem it created, without creating more problems, is dreaming.

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.