It's a new year so I maybe moving down

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

It's a new year so I maybe moving down

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

the road where I don't have to put up with the low-life neighbors. There is an Army vet that is setting up his off grid place and he has offered to let me move my building and stuff there. He has the same ideas about the future of this once great nation that I do and that is we are headed for a race/civil war in the not too distant future. Unless Trump pulls a miracle out of his hat and fixes our debt problems the USA will have to forfeit on its debt and then the economy goes to pot. Once that happens and the gov. can no longer afford to give the freebies away like it has the freeloaders will riot. Once that starts the war is not far behind. :blink:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Re: It's a new year so I maybe moving down

Post by jonnycando »

There won't be a race war because it would be hopelessly lopsided. Further, far more people get along fine with everybody that gets along with them; and the rabble rousing is by fear mongers. A more general civil war is perhaps slightly more likely, but still we overthrow the government all the time so there's no real incentive. As for moving to a new neighborhood, that would be YOUR best bet, giving the circumstances you have found yourself in. Hope it works out for you. :cheers:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

John, I don't think the USA will forfeit its debt because those countries holding our debt including China won't demand payment. That would be disastrous for all concerned. As long as the US dollar remains the world's dominant currency you can relax. When/if the US dollar is abandoned in favor of the yuan (for example), then I would start to worry.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Hey John! Happy New Year!

Even though it will be a hassle, I applaud the thought of you moving. It seems the "environment" where you now are is somewhat less than hospitable.

Go for it. [emoji106]

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

In my opinion, it's not very feasible that one person or one family would be able to defend what's theirs against the droves of people who will be coming after what they have in the case of a nationwide or global catastrophe. If you're serious about surviving the big one, you'd better consider banding together. A large group of like-minded people forming their own clan would have a fighting chance, an individual not so much. :uhh:
lovineveryminuteofit