Reserve your Elio now!

Keep it civil
SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Reserve your Elio now!

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

An all-weather commute and errand running dream come true @84 mpg and a base price of $7300 - a price that includes A/C, heat AM/FM stereo, power windows, power door locks and cruise control as standard equipment). Any Pep Boys will be glad to service it for you. At least the MSRP seems reasonable - about the price of a small to mid sized commuter motorcycle - and with a top speed of over 100 mph it'll do highways too. [emoji106]

http://eliogenuine.eliomotors.com/?sctp ... fb&sckw=na

I don't think they'll sell very many nationwide, but the tree huggers on the left coast will probably love them. ;IDunno:
lovineveryminuteofit

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: Reserve your Elio now!

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:
I don't think they'll sell very many nationwide, but the tree huggers on the left coast will probably love them. ;IDunno:
And then they might be onto something, there are 63,693 reservation holders.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

The only problem is, they keep going around to get funding, but they keep putting off the launch date for the factory. They have the factory lined up already, but they've put off production for the last two years. "Expected to begin manufacture (around some quarter) with sales starting (around early spring) but it hasn't even gotten started yet.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

My son has been wanting one of these ever since he heard about them. He is on the waiting list.

Actually sounds like a pretty neat little personal transportation rig.

Of course it has many of the drawbacks of a motorcycle with almost none of the advantages.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

I kind of like it, and the proposed price of $7300 is realistic. I'm surprised funding startup is a problem. This might really take off with the general public considering the driver is out of the weather with AC and heat, stereo, power windows etc. And that 55hp engine should be fairly zippy. My 1st car, a 1956 VW, only had 36hp.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

YoDude wrote:The only problem is, they keep going around to get funding, but they keep putting off the launch date for the factory. They have the factory lined up already, but they've put off production for the last two years. "Expected to begin manufacture (around some quarter) with sales starting (around early spring) but it hasn't even gotten started yet.

Yo-
This might be a good investment. Get in on the ground floor and make a fortune! Might be worth looking into. :smile:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

SuzyRider2 wrote:

That might be but in my opinion if it would be battery operated the tree huggers would be all over it.....
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

I just bought a newer car for 15k out the door. A nice little Ford Fusion. 2014, still under factory warranty. I discovered Elio three years ago and was chomping at the bit hoping they were going to come out back then. After all, that's what their site was stating back then. It was Spring and production was supposed to start that fall and the first units were to start being made public by Spring of the following year. Now they're saying the same thing again for the third time. Sorry couldn't wait for them anymore. Broken promises. Or at least, broken hope.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Maybe it is just another one of those scams of Obama's to take the investors money before Obama gets thrown out the back door of the WH with the rest of the trash. With as many times as this has been announced and as long as it has been talked about a scam isn't too far fetched. :blink:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

The fact that they've been trying to get funding for three years is a pretty good barometer of how successful all the smart money thinks they're going to be. [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

There is even an Elio forum, they about as disgusted at the start date being pushed by so often as everyone else. :bang: oops forgot to add the link. :bonk:
https://www.elioowners.com/