Last one

Keep it civil
Damumz
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2017 Road Glide Ultra

Re: Last one

Post by Damumz »

So sorry to read this Tim. The time comes when the hurt subsides and you are left with your fond memories. I hope you reach that time quickly..........

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Sorry to hear about this. I have had to do it way too many times.

Still, it is better to have had them in my life than not.

You can get another to take away the loneliness but you can never replace what you lost. But there are a lot of good memories to hang onto.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

I'm very sorry to hear this, Tim. Take the wife out for a relaxing "try and feel better" dinner. It might help. It might not, but it would be a dinner out.
Only idea I got.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:.....Still, it is better to have had them in my life than not. But there are a lot of good memories to hang onto.

This has been my Guide when the extreme pain of the loss of a Pet/Family Member/ Best Friend has happened......However, it took another person who had been through it many times to show help me "Get It"

I'll admit at the time, I was confirmed that I was NEVER going to get another Pet. [space] As I look back.....it was another installment in the Wizened Adage........"When The Student Is Ready, The Teacher Will Appear"
.....You can get another to take away the loneliness but you can never replace what you lost.
And a Rescue Dog/Cat is THE BEST ones to Get. [emoji106]

As most here know I volunteer at a Pet Recuse Shelter....have seen many a pet come in...and BY FAR...they are THE MOST DEEPLY appreciative when they are adopted. [space] Follow up has shown they NEVER forget that they were rescued who it was that took them into their Home and Lives...and show it in ways that can amaze you. :clap:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Thanks guy's.
There is always a huge hole when you lose part of the family. We are both still leaving bits of our dinner, holding doors open, and rushing home from work only to remember we no longer need to. I'm not sure whether we train our pets or they train us.
We'll miss the big personality our boy was for a long time.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

It never hurts to know a new friend, though it is sad when old ones leave us. Our hearts are geared to know good friends throughout our lives. Never close the door to meeting someone new.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.