Snow in the south! How much did you get?

Keep it civil
SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Snow in the south! How much did you get?

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

We got about 8 inches, maybe a little more some places, in north-central NC. I hope Georgia doesn't have a meltdown again. :cheers:

Weather man says single digits for the next two nights and we won't see temps above freezing until at least Tuesday, so the snow will be around a few days, I guess. :donno:
lovineveryminuteofit

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Snow in the south! How much did you get?

Post by navigator »

Fire up your snowmobile. [emoji2]

Spyder
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: S50----

Post by Spyder »

navigator wrote:Fire up your snowmobile. [emoji2]
Sorry, this is jet-ski country. :bang:

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

Got 4 inches here in PA, just north of Phili.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

navigator wrote:Fire up your snowmobile. [emoji2]
No snowmobile, but I thought seriously about a snow thrower. I have a concrete driveway/parking area to shovel that's at least 100 feet long, maybe 110. I'm getting too old for that sh*t.

My son-in-law was nice enough to come over and help this time. [space] [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Looks like about 10-12" here on the ES of MD.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

SEX IS LIKE SNOW

DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH YOU'LL GET, OR HOW LONG IT WILL LAST ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

We were lucky this time.....low temps in the mid 20's , which is not normal for this time of the year, but thank goodness none of that white stuff on the ground like in the photos above.......
I recall the wife and I visiting her father in Rule,Texas for Super Bowl weekend and it started that early morning and by the time we woke up that Sunday there was 8+ inches on the ground....and over there you can see forever in all directions...I took a ton of pics but somehow have misplaced the disc....it was really beautiful but cold as hell..
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

7 inches at my house, seems to be heavier as you go east. Depending on where the moisture was coming from that might make sense. Our snow in the mountains of Virginia usually are deepest when the cold temps are from the west or northwest and the moisture comes up from the gulf. The wind that creates lake effect snows can come this far, but we need southern moisture to get any snow from them. HIstorically, this meant that we get snow when it's not terribly cold.....20's and 30's...southern moisture moderates the temperatures. But lately, we can get snow in the teens and singles. Global warming my ass.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

jonnycando wrote:7 inches at my house, seems to be heavier as you go east. Depending on where the moisture was coming from that might make sense. Our snow in the mountains of Virginia usually are deepest when the cold temps are from the west or northwest and the moisture comes up from the gulf. The wind that creates lake effect snows can come this far, but we need southern moisture to get any snow from them. HIstorically, this meant that we get snow when it's not terribly cold.....20's and 30's...southern moisture moderates the temperatures. But lately, we can get snow in the teens and singles. Global warming my ass.

It's called an overrun......cold air running along the surface and warmer moist air running in the upper regions .... we get that effect when we experience our almost non existent snow events along the Gulf coast [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"