My supposedly new phone has problems

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

My supposedly new phone has problems

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Last summer Tracfone sent me a new (to me anyway) phone to replace the one, a gen 2, they were not going to support any longer. It took a while to figure out how the new phone worked and I got a different number than the one they gave me.

When I first got my building I had a hard time understanding the guy when he called to make sure I was home. Haven't answer any calls since then, but when I went to set up my voice mail tonight I couldn't understand a word they said. So I think it is time to go get the IPhone back online and this time I will have my SS paper telling them I am on SS so I can get it for a couple of dollars a month. :clap: The only 2 reasons I have a phone is so I will have one in case I need a phone on long trips on the bike and I have to have a phone number on some of the online sites. :bang:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: My supposedly new phone has problems

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

You can always apply for an obamaphone......you still have a few days left before that plan will be flushed down the toilet along with all the rest of that bullshit
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

If you are already on a federal or state assistance program, you should have an Obama phone already. Since you don't have a permanent residence you qualify for all kinds of state and federal assistance. Based on a few posts I recall reading on IA you are homeless. I understand (if I recall correctly) you are living in some kind of motorhome setup, parked on someone's property. Under the guidance, that makes you homeless and qualified for loads of assistance program's.
You really should look into what all you are entitled to receive. Yah I know that it goes against the grain to accept assistance, but you have to put thing's in perspective, aka how many years did you work and pay taxes so some other lazy AZZ didn't have to? Now you NEED to have a hand up & shouldn't feel bad about getting it.

PS... I know Obama phone sounds better but the first of these free phones was given out under GW in 2008 about 3 month's before Barry got elected. Just a bit of trivia, not a political statement.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

We all who have phones have been paying universal service fees for ages upon ages for the so called Obama phone to come out. I don't think this can be pinned any one president. It's probably a congressional boondoggle that got appended to a totally different bill. But by golly, these programs are there and ought to be used by people who genuinely need it. 600 quid a month constitutes genuine need so far as I can see.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

First thing is I am not homeless I am houseless, big difference. Second thing is I have a phone I just need one I can hear the caller on and I have that I just don't have it activated.. Third thing is I am not some other lazy AZZ . :lol: Once I get my SS letter saying I am on SS the phone company Easy Wireless in Henryetta, Ok. will put me on a cell phone plan from the government that will only cost a couple of dollars a month.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:First thing is I am not homeless I am houseless, big difference. Second thing is I have a phone I just need one I can hear the caller on and I have that I just don't have it activated.. Third thing is I am not some other lazy AZZ . :lol: Once I get my SS letter saying I am on SS the phone company Easy Wireless in Henryetta, Ok. will put me on a cell phone plan from the government that will only cost a couple of dollars a month.
Yes John, we all know that already. But! You SHOULD see what other bennies you can get from the gov. After all, if they are there for you now, why NOT suck them up? You put in your dues already, I doubt there's ANYONE here that would want to deny you of whatever the gov is offering. Time to collect your due share!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Blacktop, first off I was just explaining how the state and federal government view your living situation. I wasn't implying anything.
Secondly I clearly stated that you paid into the social safety net programs so you shouldn't feel bad about getting something from them. I was saying better you, someone who had paid in, than some lazy AZZ that never worked/paid and is receiving benefits.
If you're happy with your phone great, or as Barry would say, "if you're happy with your phone, you can keep it."
I was simply pointing out that you have some "thing's" you obviously qualify for that might make your life a little less stressful. You know what you need more than anyone here.
Sorry for trying to be helpful

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

Yes, by all means, take what you've earned while it's there to get. Shoot I got a free coffee the other day just cause my goatee has gray in it and to a teenager that looks like ancient!

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Tbeck wrote:Blacktop, first off I was just explaining how the state and federal government view your living situation. I wasn't implying anything.
Secondly I clearly stated that you paid into the social safety net programs so you shouldn't feel bad about getting something from them. I was saying better you, someone who had paid in, than some lazy AZZ that never worked/paid and is receiving benefits.
If you're happy with your phone great, or as Barry would say, "if you're happy with your phone, you can keep it."
I was simply pointing out that you have some "thing's" you obviously qualify for that might make your life a little less stressful. You know what you need more than anyone here.
Sorry for trying to be helpful
Tbeck, you see that little thing called a smilie :lol: , it means don't take anything said personally. I was laughing at what was said and didn't take anything you said in a bad way. I do appreciate what you said and will keep it all in mind when considering a new to me phone. [emoji106] [space] :cheers:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

What have you heard about your medicare situation JOhn?
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I'm waiting to see if they take out the payment this month. The last letter I got from them said I would start getting a full payment in Jan. This is also the month for any raise they will give for this year. So I will know more in ten days. Image