My Bike: Street Glide

Victory Is Toast

Post by Junebug51 »

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/company/ar ... nouncement
1/9/2017 12:00:00 AM
Victory Motorcycle Important Announcement
POLARIS INDUSTRIES TO WIND DOWN VICTORY MOTORCYCLES OPERATIONS
STRENGTHENING ITS POSITION IN THE POWERSPORTS INDUSTRY

MINNEAPOLIS (January 9, 2017) — Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) today announced it will immediately begin winding down its Victory Motorcycles brand and related operations. Polaris will assist dealers in liquidating existing inventories while continuing to supply parts for a period of 10 years, along with providing service and warranty coverage to Victory dealers and owners. Today’s announcement does not affect any other Polaris business units.

“This was an incredibly difficult decision for me, my team and the Polaris Board of Directors,” said Polaris Industries Chairman and CEO Scott Wine. “Over the past 18 years, we have invested not only resources, but our hearts and souls, into forging the Victory Motorcycles brand, and we are exceptionally proud of what our team has accomplished. Since inception, our teams have designed and produced nearly 60 Victory models that have been honored with 25 of the industry’s top awards. The experience, knowledge, infrastructure and capability we’ve built in those 18 years gave us the confidence to acquire and develop the Indian Motorcycle brand, so I would like to express my gratitude to everyone associated with Victory Motorcycles and celebrate your many contributions.”

Several factors influenced today’s announcement. Victory has struggled to establish the market share needed to succeed and be profitable. The competitive pressures of a challenging motorcycle market have increased the headwinds for the brand. Given the significant additional investments required for Victory to launch new global platforms that meet changing consumer preferences, and considering the strong performance and growth potential of Indian Motorcycle, the decision to more narrowly focus Polaris’ energy and investments became quite clear.

“This decision will improve the profitability of Polaris and our global motorcycle business, and will materially improve our competitive stance in the industry,” said Scott Wine. “Our focus is on profitable growth, and in an environment of finite resources, this move allows us to optimize and align our resources behind both our premium, high performing Indian Motorcycle brand and our innovative Slingshot brand, enhancing our focus on accelerating the success of those brands. Ultimately this decision will propel the industry-leading product innovation that is core to our strategy while fostering long-term growth and increased shareholder value.”

Polaris will reduce the appropriate operating cost based on this decision, while continuing to support the future growth of the ongoing motorcycle business. Polaris remains committed to maintaining its presence in the Spirit Lake, Iowa community with Indian Motorcycle production and in the Huntsville, Alabama community with its Slingshot production.

Any one-time costs associated with supporting Victory dealers in selling their remaining inventory, the disposal of factory inventory, tooling, and other physical assets, and the cancellation of various supplier arrangements will be recorded in the 2017 income statement in respective sales, gross profit and operation expense. These costs will be excluded from Polaris’ provided 2017 sales and earnings guidance on a non-GAAP basis.

Polaris will release its fourth quarter and full-year 2016 financial results and provide 2017 guidance on Tuesday, January 24, 2017. A webcast and conference call will be held at 9:00 a.m. Central Time on January 24, 2017 to discuss the results. A slide presentation and link to the webcast will be posted on the Polaris Investor Relations website at ir.polaris.com. To listen to the conference call by phone, dial 877-706-7543 in the U.S. and Canada, or 478-219-0273 Internationally. The Conference ID is #45015597.
*Text of article added by 98VS1400 to save opening external links.
The older I get, the faster I was!

Junebug51
Riding on Learners Permit

Re: Victory Is Toast

Post by Junebug51 »

I remember trying to tell half_crazy on the old Intruder forum that Victory wouldn't last another 10 years. Didn't even make 5.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

This is BAD news! :(

I was considering buying one!

DAMMITALL! :tongue:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Junebug51 wrote:I remember trying to tell half_crazy on the old Intruder forum that Victory wouldn't last another 10 years. Didn't even make 5.
There's a whole lotta things "you can't tell" Half_Crazy!! :?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Designer wrote:

That's the truth...
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

A real big out fit will drop a little motorcycle part fast even if making money but not enough to keep up with other parts that are making more. Kaw is so Huge would have thought they would have dropped the motorcycle part in years sales went way down long ago.
Hate to see them gone.Better for us the more made to keep them fighting for our dollars and improve the bikes overall.The first two years Victory had a lot of bad bikes but third year up happy owners are all I see.I test rode a second year trade in the third year they were out.It was at the local dealer and had the stage three done.It was a real nice bike and handled good.Had a good friend that had a first year that was in the shop more than out under warranty. Tranny twice and motor once were gone into.The motor back then was not that nice to look at but later they got better looking all over.
Bassman/Nick got real good service out of his and most all the time had one of his flat beds or pull camper in tow.When he stopped to see me it sounded real good with lots of miles on it.His body is older than mine and he has a light bike now.

Junebug51
Riding on Learners Permit

Post by Junebug51 »

To me, they were just butt ugly and weird looking. All of them. I've posted before that I live very near Ohio Bike Week, and attend almost every day each year. In the last 8 years I can count on my hands the number of Victory motorcycles at Bike Week. And that's in a group on 15-20,000 motorcycles. The HD dealer is always swamped during bike week, while the local Polaris/Victory dealer less than a mile away looked like a ghost town.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Victory was a Ness joke from the very beginning. Top heavy piece of shit.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

I'm a little surprised. Personally, I thought the latest version of Indian would go before Victory. Like Paul inferred, all the Victory owners I know these days are happy campers. I wonder how much Indian cut into Victory sales?
lovineveryminuteofit

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

I'm not surprised....the Vics never did anything for me.
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Designer wrote:
Junebug51 wrote:I remember trying to tell half_crazy on the old Intruder forum that Victory wouldn't last another 10 years. Didn't even make 5.

Where's he gonna get parts the next time he blows his engine on his Vic?
-DBTO

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Half Crazy? I do remember liking to read his post but I get people mixed up often :bonk: .Was he the x bull rider and drove a simi now?

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

RoadKing wrote:Victory was a Ness joke from the very beginning. Top heavy piece of shit.

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

MadCow wrote:I'm not surprised....the Vics never did anything for me.
Me either, as far as their looks went, but most people seemed happy with them. Of course, Fiat owners I know claim they love them and seem happy too. [emoji2]
lovineveryminuteofit

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

MadCow wrote:
Designer wrote:

Where's he gonna get parts the next time he blows his engine on his Vic?
Who cares? Fuck him and the crap he rode in on. I've got reason to say this and I'd say it right now to his bad ass face.
Keep it civil? That fucker hated me, hated my brand bike, hated my faith and he never hesitated on a thread to come out of nowhere to tell me about it.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:
MadCow wrote:I'm not surprised....the Vics never did anything for me.
Me either, as far as their looks went, but most people seemed happy with them. Of course, Fiat owners I know claim they love them and seem happy too. [emoji2]

I *did* however like Hammer. The Hammer was my second choice over the Vrod Muscle..which I ended up buying.

HAMMER:

VROD MUSCLE:
-DBTO

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

RoadKing wrote:
That fucker hated me, hated my brand bike, hated my faith and he never hesitated on a thread to come out of nowhere to tell me about it.

He hated everyone and everything, except of course whatever he was into himself... He could only justify his own existance by slamming others.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

Frankintruder
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Frankintruder

Post by Frankintruder »

Victory? Half Crazy? I remember him. Wasn't he Ninjato's friend?

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

JFL Live wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
That fucker hated me, hated my brand bike, hated my faith and he never hesitated on a thread to come out of nowhere to tell me about it.

He hated everyone and everything, except of course whatever he was into himself... He could only justify his own existance by slamming others.
Thank you, I'm needing a friend, I'm needing all the friends possible right about now.
Signifying nothing”

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Frankintruder wrote:Victory? Half Crazy? I remember him. Wasn't he Ninjato's friend?
Yea, he and Ninjato got together for a few rides...down to the wall in DC was one.
They were both self professed athiests.

Disclaimer: I did not intend to hijack this thread and make it religious in any way. :rag: