Victory Is Toast

Keep it civil
old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: Victory Is Toast

Post by old time rider »

OK now I recall him.Lots of tats and not tall but taller than Cuban.Still liked to read his post.Now who was the other guy I had him mixed up with?We would make up the little lines about he could do anything.Lots of fun and really a tough one I guess.Tore a finger off and had it put back on while working.May have been a rope or cable around it that took it off? Now will go a while till a recall hits me.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

old time rider wrote:OK now I recall him.Lots of tats and not tall but taller than Cuban.Still liked to read his post.Now who was the other guy I had him mixed up with?We would make up the little lines about he could do anything.Lots of fun and really a tough one I guess.Tore a finger off and had it put back on while working.May have been a rope or cable around it that took it off? Now will go a while till a recall hits me.
Are you thinking about aftershock? He had superpowers.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Yes!yes!Thank you had not had it come back yet.We did pm a few times.
The old Harley chopper I built around 1970 was owned by a bull rider after gong through a few owners after me.As most bull riders he was tough but died young in his 50s.

Sandmanrrr
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Victory XCT VS 1400

Post by Sandmanrrr »

By then, mine will still have less than 150K so I'm not worried :rock:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Larry is a good guy, just a little over the top sometimes. I engaged him in a little debate on the Vision one time and he was telling me how wrong I was. I let him get his foot firmly planted before informing him I owned one and had put 24k on it.
He only damaged the top end on his motor one time which to me was pretty impressive given what was done to it. Frankly there aren't many rider's that can ride a cruiser through the twisties like HC. Saw him and EddieD passing crotch rockets on the dragon like they were stalled.
Shame about Victory, good, dependable bikes

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Well that's a shocker....

Guess I better pack mine safely away for another 50 years or so. By then it'll be a true collectors item!

I still like it.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Junebug51
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: Street Glide

Post by Junebug51 »

The older I get, the faster I was!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Junebug51 wrote:Image
I like the title of the other thread better, Victory is Dead. I really like toast, especially when made from big slices of Sourdough with lots of real butter. Toast is good.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

maxriderdon
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: Suzuki GSX1250FA

Post by maxriderdon »

Sad to see. I do think Indian basically got rid of Victory.

Blaine
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 05 S83 07 M50

Post by Blaine »

If at first you succeed,don't be surprised.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I clearly remember when they first made an appearance here in my hometown....in fact we got to be good friends and riding buddies with the first one we met at a filling station ...he was riding a then touring model..don't remember what Vic was calling them but it was to me a big bulky looking affair..But he was getting better fuel mileage then we were, if I remember right his was a 106cc engine but he was having to bring it back to Houston,Tx to make small adjustments on the bike ..brakes, lights and turn signals were constantly giving him fits and he was constantly changed bolts and nuts that were rusting off the bike..........but he really liked the ride and the looks of the bike, in fact he ended up purchasing a Vision which to me was the most hideous looking bike on the market :eek: :eek: [emoji2]
He was one of only a few Victory owners that resided near me..... but we very seldom encountered one on our many runs and rallies.....One in particular was a Blazin Bikes rally held in our home town.....three days and just one Vic was sighted by any of our group and that was because he was riding with us [emoji106] .
The closest dealer to southwest Louisiana was in Baytown , Texas which was a good two hours ride west... and according to him he had to have an appointment to bring his bike in for needed repairs.....He did say that motorcycles were not the primary seller at that dealership..side by sides , atv's and Sea Doo's were the headliners.
Hate to see any motorcycle brand go down the tubes..it just drives up the prices of the remaining brands.. :bonk:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Junebug51
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: Street Glide

Post by Junebug51 »

Personally, if I had just bought a 2016 XC/CC/Magnum in the last few months I'd feel about as betrayed and raped as possible. Value just went in the toilet, the company dumped my ride to focus on an imposter of an old brand, and as easily as they cut bait with me, they will be just as easily cut Indian when it also fails miserably, (which it will, consumer confidence is now going to be in the crapper for a while, and obviously Polaris isn't in it for the long haul).

Combine that with the ridiculously high prices of the Indian line-up (even compared to HD), and the complete lack of a real dealer network or well stocked Indy shops, for mishaps that may happen on road trips, there is really no sense in wasting the money on a bike brand that's gonna tank again like it has 4 times in the past.

Buy a Harley, if you want American bike, buy any of the big 4 "metric bikes", or a Triumph, BMW, etc. if you wanna ride a motorcycle whose company is still gonna be around next year. Just the way it's gonna be in my humble opinion.
The older I get, the faster I was!

Frankintruder
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Frankintruder

Post by Frankintruder »

RoadKing wrote: Keep it civil? That fucker hated me, hated my brand bike, hated my faith and he never hesitated on a thread to come out of nowhere
Not very Christian of you, Mr. F. Forgive him now or burn forever later on. Sorry about your dog, btw.

You can find Half on some of the Victory forums. He is still alive and ...well, depending on your viewpoint.

FWIW his engine has been apart at least 3 times, and those are the ones he bothered to mention.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Junebug51 wrote:Personally, if I had just bought a 2016 XC/CC/Magnum in the last few months I'd feel about as betrayed and raped as possible. Value just went in the toilet, the company dumped my ride to focus on an imposter of an old brand, and as easily as they cut bait with me, they will be just as easily cut Indian when it also fails miserably, (which it will, consumer confidence is now going to be in the crapper for a while, and obviously Polaris isn't in it for the long haul).

Combine that with the ridiculously high prices of the Indian line-up (even compared to HD), and the complete lack of a real dealer network or well stocked Indy shops, for mishaps that may happen on road trips, there is really no sense in wasting the money on a bike brand that's gonna tank again like it has 4 times in the past.

Buy a Harley, if you want American bike, buy any of the big 4 "metric bikes", or a Triumph, BMW, etc. if you wanna ride a motorcycle whose company is still gonna be around next year. Just the way it's gonna be in my humble opinion.
I have been looking at the Octane, it is the first Vic model that didn't completely turn me off, ain't' gonna happen now.

I also would have to think long and hard about the Indians, or any other Polaris product. If they are willing to dump the Vic brand so easily, after all the hype they used introducing it, they will dump anything else they make just as easily.

Product support for 10 years, hell I keep bikes much longer than that, AND, after 10 years the bike will only be good for parts for another bike.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Frankintruder
Passed the Circle Test

Post by Frankintruder »

YoDude wrote:Well that's a shocker....
Famous movie line: You chose poorly.

Frankintruder
Passed the Circle Test

Post by Frankintruder »

And so did R Lee Ermey!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Frankintruder wrote:
RoadKing wrote: Keep it civil? That fucker hated me, hated my brand bike, hated my faith and he never hesitated on a thread to come out of nowhere
Not very Christian of you, Mr. F. Forgive him now or burn forever later on. Sorry about your dog, btw.

You can find Half on some of the Victory forums. He is still alive and ...well, depending on your viewpoint.

FWIW his engine has been apart at least 3 times, and those are the ones he bothered to mention.
Lots of issues about me are not very Christian. I admit it. My shit stinks. I admit. And someday I'm gonna die. I admit it. I don't find fault nor judge, so no reason for me to forgive. But I do learn from experience and I don't forget. Hell in my future? That's not my decision and frankly I don't care... what the hell, huh? Hell on earth can be a bitch, too.
I really don't give a fuck where I could find Half Nuts. Don't mean nuthin.
As for losing Gypsy, thank you for your thought.. From my heart.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

I always liked the Vision and the 8-Ball versions of their various bikes. The Vision was the only large tourer that worked for me ergonomically. I don't know if I would ever get around to it, but it was a bike I wanted to buy. I wonder what's to become of their big twin. It was a good motor. Maybe Indian will adopt it.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

BUT ...
IT WOKE UP HD AND SUDDENLY MODELS IMPROVED, NEW ENGINES, BETTER EVERYTHING, EXCEPT PRICES ...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Frankintruder wrote:And so did R Lee Ermey!

Hell when you get paid the big bucks to go around cussing like a 80 year old land bound sailor
and get to relive some of your past....I'd say he's doing all right [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"