My SS problems are supposedly over

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

My SS problems are supposedly over

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I just checked the SS website and it says "Beginning December 2016, the full monthly Social Security benefit before any deductions is $7xx.xx. I get a check for the previous month.

We deduct $0.00 for medical insurance premiums each month.'' So I am finally off Plan B. :clap: That is probably a bad idea, but I need the money. :sad:

Hell, I used to make more than that a week and the governments expects me to live on that a month. :bang: And they have the nerve to say they can't live on $174,000 a year plus benefits and they get a raise every Jan unless they not to get it. :hellfire: I think we need term limits and no retirement benefits for members of congress.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: My SS problems are supposedly over

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

You only get what you paid into SS.....there is no set amount ....
Like someone suggested before you need to check into social services and see what they can do for you in the long run .. there are dozens of programs under the federal government's umbrella to take care of folks in need....
If I were you John I wouldn't feel like I was getting stuff for nothing.....for years you paid income taxes that support those programs....
You really need to check them out...you'd be surprised how much assistance you'd qualify for...
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Post by n-trude »

Way back I knew a man who was a carpenter and when income tax time came, he claimed he made extra, to pay the max
amount into SS. I did not understand at the time, why he did that, what difference it made. But when he retired he got
the max SS, he could get. Say he made $27,000 in 1967, he told them he made $2000 extra, and paid income tax on that, so he got
the max back when he retired. Because $29,000 was the max amount SS was deducted out... something like that. . Boy that changed....LOL

I remember when some guys I knew, got to DEC. and they had paid in the max to SS. so they had
a little raise on the last three weeks pay of the year. They worked at a ammunitions plant. Lake City in Mo.
Its still there sold two or three times, used to see them test fire tracer ammo, at night, It employed hundreds.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

Railroad Retirement is the forerunner of SS and works somewhat similary in that there is a maximum income that they will deduct from you and you get the rest of the year off. Sadly the amount goes up every year and you end up getting only the one last check of the year with no Retirement money removed.