I have no idea what went on

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

I have no idea what went on

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

but the deputy was out here this evening over at the trailer. As far as I know he didn't say anything to the handicapped lady about the electric being turned off. Something was said about puppies being outside in the cold, but they were in the house. The last time I checked the puppies were in the trailer out of the wind and rain, but cold due to the windows being knocked out. Actually I was hoping it was the deputy that was here before and that he would say something. I wanted to point out what that POS neighbor had done to the trailer and that he still wasn't paying rent. And that the dogs belonged to him. :soda:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: I have no idea what went on

Post by YoDude »

Yeah, it wouldn't have done a bit of good for you to do so. I've seen it happen myself.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I just wanted to see his reaction to what the POS has done to the trailer in such a short time. Especially after he stood up for the punk against a handicapped lady. :hellfire:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Enforcing the laws of each county ( or parish where I reside ) law enforcement officers have very little leadway in reporting and applying the law in each individual instance and circumstance..... I'm sure the officer in question was following the letter of the law when he took the renters side in the dispute.
That's why verbal agreements , although in some cases are considered a legal document, is useless unless you have a written signed contract signed by a notary between the two parties....
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Johnny, there was a time when common sense ruled this nation and not by the book LEO's that choose which laws to enforce. If ,as you say, "law enforcement officers have very little leadway in reporting and applying the law in each individual instance and circumstance" explain the fast and furious fiasco? :OhNo;

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Apples and oranges, John. They don't compare in any way.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

YoDude wrote:Apples and oranges, John. They don't compare in any way.

Yo-
Sure they do, by the simple fact that the LEO's involved chose what law they wish to enforce. :blink: I don't have the time or want to to go into detail about the FBI ignoring a fed law about watching drug people buying guns in the USA and transporting them to Mexico. :soda:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
YoDude wrote:Apples and oranges, John. They don't compare in any way.

Yo-
Sure they do, by the simple fact that the LEO's involved chose what law they wish to enforce. :blink: I don't have the time or want to to go into detail about the FBI ignoring a fed law about watching drug people buying guns in the USA and transporting them to Mexico. :soda:
Not to mention the failure to prosecute hildabeast for her mishandling classified information, even though the FBI (Fumbling, Bumbling, Idiots) said that she did break the law.

However, the average cop has certain things they must go by. When it comes down to a tenant/landlord argument, the police are restricted on what they can do. The tenant has all of the rights.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Way back in the mid 80's I was a manager for a apartment complex and if someone was over 2 weeks late with the rent I would tell them they had 24 hrs to come up with the rent money or I would call the Sheriff's office and have their stuff moved out of the apartment. And yes I did have to call and they would send a deputy over to remove the tenant and their stuff. I didn't need an eviction notice or a court order telling the people to either pay or get out. A guess times have changed and not for the better, unless you are a deadbeat. :hellfire:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Johnny, there was a time when common sense ruled this nation and not by the book LEO's that choose which laws to enforce. If ,as you say, "law enforcement officers have very little leadway in reporting and applying the law in each individual instance and circumstance" explain the fast and furious fiasco? :OhNo;

Fast and Furious was run by politicians....not by LEO's

And some officers do use common sense.....I remember the time we ran into a road block... my inspection sticker on my bike had expired and the officer gave me a warning ticket...but I did have to go down to the state police office and verify that I had indeed inspected the bike.....he could have written me up for the tune of $250.00 if he wanted to....
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Yes, it was once like that Keith. But the system has been screwed up by the liberal lawyers and judges in favor of the deadbeats. The use of common sense has been lost and will probably never be found again. One example how the legal system is broken... the U.S. has over 10,000 gun laws and common sense tells me there isn't 10,000 different ways to use a gun. And only a handful of those laws are ever enforced.

Do you know why at one time it was a hanging offense to steal a mans horse instead of jail time? Simple, that was a mans only way to get around, in other words that horse was the mans lively hood, his way of life. Then why doesn't car jacking call for the death penalty? Because a car is no longer the way a man can get to work. Yes I know there are people on the board that will say I'm comparing apples to oranges, but it takes common sense and a lot of thinking to see I'm not. Now what does being a horse thief and a deadbeat renter have in common? None really, except for the way you deal with the problem... you use common sense.

If the horse was taken only a short time when the horse owner didn't really need it, like at night when the owner was asleep, and returned the next day then common sense says the thief doesn't need to be hung. A big fine and maybe some jail time instead, common sense.

A deadbeat renter can be dealt with the same way. You give him/her 24 hours to come up with the rent or he/she gets their stuff put outside. If they do not come up with the rent you remove their stuff and they are still made to pay any back rent and pay for any damages done to the property. Use common sense to find an answer to the problem. Take this petty stuff out of the court room where it doesn't belong. Put it into the hands of the person that has first hand knowledge of the situation, the LEO on the scene.

That gave me a headache coming up with a useless bunch of crap just to keep this going. :lolfall:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

I used to live in a small complex where the land lord....so long as you told him ahead of due date, and gave an honest estimate of when you could pay, would let you slide. Honesty was the key, if you said you'd be a week late, and you paid him in that time, that was to him as good as being on time. I rarely needed extra time, but he would give it when I needed it, cause knew I would pay up when I said.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

jonnycando wrote:I used to live in a small complex where the land lord....so long as you told him ahead of due date, and gave an honest estimate of when you could pay, would let you slide. Honesty was the key, if you said you'd be a week late, and you paid him in that time, that was to him as good as being on time. I rarely needed extra time, but he would give it when I needed it, cause knew I would pay up when I said.
I did that also. Plenty of complex managers will bend over backwards to help a renter out as long as there is trust there. But once that trust is broken there is no longer help available from the manager.

This fiasco has been going on way too long. The female renter came over and said they had the rent money but weren't going to pay because the neighbor on the corner said they owed $500. To be honest they owe more than that. :bonk:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

I always love the statement that, "people used or need to use COMMON sense." Common sense does not and never has existed. If it had or did everyone would believe the same things. It is only COMMON with people of a like mind which is also why we have conservatives and liberal thinker's.
With that said, it would seem to be RIGHT to evict a resident who isn't paying rent, or is destroying the owner's property. Of course someone else might claim it is wrong to make someone homeless in winter. Again uncommon view points.
Isn't my property so it's not my concern, and obviously the owner needs to utilize the proper process if he wants them out. JMO

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Tbeck wrote:I always love the statement that, "people used or need to use COMMON sense." Common sense does not and never has existed. If it had or did everyone would believe the same things. It is only COMMON with people of a like mind which is also why we have conservatives and liberal thinker's.
With that said, it would seem to be RIGHT to evict a resident who isn't paying rent, or is destroying the owner's property. Of course someone else might claim it is wrong to make someone homeless in winter. Again uncommon view points.
Isn't my property so it's not my concern, and obviously the owner needs to utilize the proper process if he wants them out. JMO
You are correct about common sense.

People keep using the term "common sense" when what they really mean is good sense. There is a huge difference between the 2. Take BT's post and replace "common sense" with "good sense" and it will make a whole lot more sense.

When I was in Recruiter's School one of our instructors explained that, like you said, common sense is what is generally known, in that society/area/group.

In India people are starving, but cows are sacred. Common sense, in that area, says do not touch the cows, good sense says eat the fucking cow!!!
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

I like intelligent or thoughtful reason. Of course you are correct that most would understand "good" but it is another of those vague terms.
Intelligently looking at this situation, nobody could conclude that it is reasonable to allow anyone to live in for free or destroy another's property. The intelligent or thoughtful response would be to evict said individual and make them pay.
I am sure everyone knows what is implied with all the aforementioned statements, they just not be of the same common belief

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Tbeck wrote:I like intelligent or thoughtful reason. Of course you are correct that most would understand "good" but it is another of those vague terms.
Intelligently looking at this situation, nobody could conclude that it is reasonable to allow anyone to live in for free or destroy another's property. The intelligent or thoughtful response would be to evict said individual and make them pay.
I am sure everyone knows what is implied with all the aforementioned statements, they just not be of the same common belief
Guess I am going to have to switch to "reasonable sense". But then what is reasonable to a landlord is not reasonable to the deadbeat renter. So we come back to the "good" or the "common". Vicious cycle, no?

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, absolutely :rock: