John you would like the RTR

Keep it civil
n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

John you would like the RTR

Post by n-trude »

The RTR is for Rubber Tramp Rendezvous a gathering of full time campers in Quartzsite Az.

John if your RV was running you would fit right in. Most are in Vans, trailers, RV's. Boondocking in the Desert.

14 days free is some places, $40 for 3 months, in some places, and $180 for 7 months in some places. On BLM Land.

Here is one You Tube site guy is called Camper Kevin.

There are 10 or more You Tube channel guys, and gals, sharing video's of the RTR it started Jan. 10 till 22nd.

In the middle of this video she flies a Drone over the desert, and see how many are there.

This RTR is on once a year event. Maybe 100 came last year. This time it was maybe 300. Most all will leave by Saturday.

I wanted to go there, but life got in the way. I think its in the 60's days and maybe 40's at night.. So might need heater.
Most have solar for power, propane heat, some have dogs, have to go into town for supplies and water. Shower in town is $8.
Some are getting by on $800 or less. Some form tribes, and move around together. I been following them on You Tube. Intersesting
I would like to meet some of them. They are getting by like you are john, just roaming around following the good weather.

This guy is Bob Wells and he kind of started it. The Host.

Thought some might like some of the videos, as some of us live in the cold winter states. [emoji2]

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: John you would like the RTR

Post by RoadKing »

Not a bad way to live. The freedom is priceless. The bonding with others can be awesome when you fall in with the right "tribes". Folks move around with the seasons. I once knew tribes of people who had music in common and they would live on the coasts of N California in summer then migrate to Death Valley this time of year. I loved hanging out with them.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: John you would like the RTR

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Thanks for the links Mike. Maybe I can make it next year and have a vid of my own up. [emoji106] The more vids I watch the more I want the MH running and me on the roads seeing all these great sights and gatherings. Image
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree: