One month

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

One month

Post by Tbeck »

Been a month since I was forced to put my boy down due to the cancer.
I am still finding myself looking to the picture window when I arrive home, or looking for him to wander into the kitchen to see if I am going out back.
The Mrs and I have decided that we are going to wait at least a year before we decide if a pooch is in the card's. If so it will be a older rescue.
Very strange to not have a dog around.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: One month

Post by YoDude »

I like your idea. Give is time to heal.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Your dog sounds a lot like my Boxer, Diesel. He somehow knows what time I'm due home, regardless of which shift I'm working and paces back and forth from the front door to the back door looking for my truck. He pays particular attention to how I dress in the mornings so he'll know whether I'm working or whether there's a chance he might be going along. If I don't put on work clothes, he gets really excited and anxious. Dogs are smart way beyond what credit we give them.[space] [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

T...my heart goes out to you. That feeling of "something's missing" is gut-wrenching. I wish there was something I could say to make it go away. I can't so I'll just offer my sympathies.

My Holly has been gone now for 3 weeks and it still haunts me daily. Pebbles, my beagle, stopped eating this week and has been very "unmotivated" as I believe it finally hit her that her sister of 13 years is never coming back. I've been trying to spend every moment I can with her since Holly passed.
I took Friday off for an appointment and then took Pebbles for a car ride. We stopped at 2 county shelters. I found a little terrier at one that I fell in love with but the idiots at the shelter didn't really know anything.
I went back yesterday with Pebbles and they were having a "First of the Month" event with some tents and hot dogs and DJ. I met "Ninja" and he's an awesome dog...but was worried he may be a little to spunky for Pebbles. I was going to get him anyway as they won't let your dog meet theirs so I called my friend to come and help in case I couldn't put him in the car with Pebbles.
As I waited for my buddy I walked outside to get Pebbles from the car. We walked through the tents and I met up with Virginia. Pebbles seemed to be OK with her, she wasn't overly excited but not mean either. I started talking with this private rescue and many of them were teachers. Virginia was left on her own and developed heartworm and an allergic reaction causing her fur to fall out. She's all better now and her fur is growing back.
I said, "I'll take her!".

I love this little pup, she's about 7 years old, and she's a cuddler. She has walked right in like she's been with us forever and eats like a banshee!
But I won't lie...I feel like I've betrayed Holly in some way. I know it sounds crazy but that's how I feel. Everyone has told me to give it time, and I will, but I'm thinking that if Pebbles continues to act like she has these past few days then maybe I'll give Virginia back (I know someone will snatch her up!) and just be with Pebbles.

There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

In the last photo, that dog is saying to itself, "What are you doing to me?"

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

YoDude wrote:In the last photo, that dog is saying to itself, "What are you doing to me?"

Yo-
That was her first time in my backyard!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.