Anyone else's head coach get fired?

Keep it civil
ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Anyone else's head coach get fired?

Post by ddog6900 »

Fired Pelini yesterday. Something about his ability to win big games. Personally I'd like to see Jim Tressel considered, but that's just me.

Anyone else's team fire their head coach?

Sent from my Nexus 5. Don't worry iPhone, you'll get here, someday.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: Anyone else's head coach get fired?

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Tulsa University fired theirs. It must be something in the water. How else can you blame someone else for the teams screw ups on the field. I don't know anything about what went on all I heard was TU fired the head coach. ;IDunno: :Umm: :OhNo;
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

cheapcookies wrote:The buck stops at the coaches desk. That's just the way it is.

-cc
But it doesn't have to be that way. We as a nation want to blame someone but don't want to blame the person that actually screwed up. So we fire someone else. :bang:

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
cheapcookies wrote:The buck stops at the coaches desk. That's just the way it is.

-cc
But it doesn't have to be that way. We as a nation want to blame someone but don't want to blame the person that actually screwed up. So we fire someone else. :bang:
At Nebraska, it was the coaches who screwed up. We lost big games because we couldn't make second half adjustments, especially when Melvin Gordon was singlehandedly running up the score on us.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

I haven't even been seeing "Mr Sweater Vest's" name. Wardrobe choice aside, he is a very good coach.

They always give them a choice between a firing and a resignation. Resignation looks better on paper, but your forfeit all the money you're "entitled" to.

Freeze to replace Muschamp would be a good fit for Florida. Not going to build a Power 5 team without a Power 5 coach. Let me rephrase, winning Power 5 team.

That being said, I have nothing but Scott Frost in my ear. Not saying he wouldn't be a good fit, but he's not ready. Rather have Pat Narduzzi. We need to stop teams from walking all over us.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

cheapcookies wrote: Coaches job is to train. Coaches job is to set up winning plays. Coaches job is to motivate. Coaches job is to call the right play in a crunch.

No, the right person gets axed in these situations. It's performance based: Win or else.

-cc
While it is true what you said, if the player doesn't do as taught then you can't and shouldn't blame the coach. I can teach all I know, but I can't do it for you on the field. You have to take that responsibility and do your best as a player or not play. I have taught 100's of people to play pool and if/when they loose it isn't because I didn't teach them right. It is because they didn't use what they learned. It is one of the things wrong in America. We want to blame others for our wrong doings. It is always someone else's fault I failed, not mine. Even if they have me on camera stealing a TV during a riot it was someone else's fault I stole that TV. :bang:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Roll tide roll

~Jols3n
via Tapatalk on Droid Turbo
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

I don't know what you are doing with the midget, the one eyed girl, a squid, the robot, and a Chinese girl, but ....

~Jols3n
via Tapatalk on Droid Turbo
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.