Tall Tales & Anecdotes

Keep it civil
Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Tall Tales & Anecdotes

Post by Larry TN »

When I was less than 10 years old, I heard a man say that his uncle had a motorcycle that was so fast that he could ride so far in one day that it took two days to ride back. I never saw that motorcycle.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Re: Tall Tales & Anecdotes

Post by Larry TN »

Evidently Rollie Free got his Vincent HRD to run 150.313 mph at Bonneville with minimal safety equipment. He is wearing a shower cap and sneakers, but has no need of a seat. Image Their is a Mobil Oil "Pegasus" decal on the tank. This same bike reportedly sold in 2010 for 1.1 million USD.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

Well I didn't wear a shower cap but the view was awesome. :thumbup:

Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Hey Diana, when did you take that pic of your bike? Is there a story?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

YoDude wrote:Hey Diana, when did you take that pic of your bike? Is there a story?

Yo-
Yes that was part of my Wild Hogg Westward HO trip...

http://www.intruders-alert.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=53" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:... Is this one of those 'born in a log cabin built with my own hands' deals? Walked 5 miles to school and home ... in a blizzard ... uphill ... both ways.
-cc
This is whatever you want to post here. The topic lends itself to creativity and prevarication

This is true. While I actually was born in a hospital, my first recollection was of living in a one room log cabin with a wood stove for cooking that doubled as a primary heat source. No running water, plumbing or electricity for miles in any direction. I never built it. The most we ever had to walk was a mile to catch the school bus, which avoided dirt roads for years. We seldom had blizzards, except in 1959(?), a year or two after a plague of 17 year locusts (cicada?) hit the south. You left out barefooted, which was a given in the summer...

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

What is so tall about my story? It is exactly what happened.

~Jols3n
via Tapatalk on Droid Turbo
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Yeah I need to fix some auto corrections

~Jols3n
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

[emoji3]

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

So I had gone out to my dads stand that morning. I stayed out in stand until noon without one single sight or sound. Feeling awfully discouraged as this was my first time out hunting I returned back to the house severely disappointed.

After talking things over with my dad and my cousin who owns the other half of the property . we decided that I would use my late uncle Gerald'a stand. Now this stand is not an any ordinary stand that it has been dubbed the skyscraper it stands over 35 feet off of the ground and is located at the very top of the field overlooking the entire field . any shot you take from this stand is guaranteed to be over 200 yards away. I was informed by my cousin that this is a stand that requires sight and not sound you will not hear the deer you will only see them. He also informed me that the deer almost always come out of the south east corner.

So we go back out to stand at 2 o'clock I know that I have until 7:15 before it is legally sundown. After playing with my scope over and over again to see things closer, that I think I am seeing, but I really am not seeing anything but false hopes. I eventually have given up hope of seeing anything.

The Sun has set down over the top of the trees and the clock says 6:55. I checked the weather there is a blizzard coming tonight so my hopes of hunting tomorrow are looking grim. At 7:05 I get this feeling. I am being watched. I am in the woods alone tonight...

I slowly turn around to the north west. And there is 2 does. But that window is closed. Crud I will never get it open without frightening them away. This is my only chance. I ease the window open. I look at them they are on alert. They are looking right in my direction.

I pause and glance with my eyes at my phone 7:12.

They go back to eating 7:14. I reach for my "speaker" take a deep breath hold it aim "boom".

Did I hit? They ran down over the edge of the hill. I text my cousin to say I shot. 7:15. I light up a smoke and expect a 10 minute wait for him to ride the ATV to me. I turn and there he is @ 7:16.

He then informed me I made him pee on himself and his gun as he was urinating when I fired.

So we go to the where they were standing when I shot. No blood around. I am heart broken. I must have missed. He asked me where they went. I said down the hill due north.

So we start walking 10 yards away in the tall grass I see blood.

Could it be?

Did I hit?

10 more yards a lot more blood.

15 more yards down the hill.

Bingo not even 35 yards away from where she was when I fired. I field dressed my 1st animal ever with instructions from my uncle Gerald's son. I may have got the smallest one of the weekend but I got one 175lbs.

~Jols3n