The way it is

Keep it civil
Redwood
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: VS1400

The way it is

Post by Redwood »

I see a lot of fussing here. And have been drawn into it a bit myself. I apologize for this. In the immortal words of Popeye, "I yam what I yam". That being said, when I signed up here, I was looking for a technologically reliable site where I could find Intruder related tech and build threads, potential owners close to my area that I could connect with, and maybe some general chit chat among potential friends. (This is not a dear John letter, btw). I see the soap opera section taking over, though, and that's sad.

The 2 biggest complaints I hear about the purple board boil down to 1) the site is unstable, therefore the information posted may not be able to be found later and 2) there's a massive soap opera section. I don't get into that and a lot of people in the same boat with me feel the same way. The post count is rising, but the content is not. I've ran a site like this before (off roading, not motorcycles). The key to keeping it running was to keep the drama down. At it's peak the group starting breaking off into cliques, the other partners wanted to specialize to the level of elitist, the smaller guys felt left out, and eventually it all went downhill. It's still up, but no one posts. There's no connection because the general populace that would be interested can find somewhere better to participate.

I'd hate to see that happen here. I'd love to see this site grow. But it's gotta find it's footing, and dig in, and avoid the drama. I'm not suggesting the ban hammer, but stop with the bickering and berating. It's just not cool. Delete the drama threads. Talk about your bikes and the rides you go on. The post count may build slower, but the content will be higher quality. The thread that PCC put up about her trip out west... That was awesome! Jolsen drives a big truck, and there is SOO much potential there for pictures of the country we ride in. Love the bell swap thread. I can go on, but you get the idea.

I am a white male, middle age, conservative, right wing, pro life, gun toting, republican, evangelical Christian. I have a white wife, 5 kids, and 7 grandkids, and 4 of those are of mixed lineage. I don't care what or who you are. You don't have to be like me or believe like me. I like everyone I've met so far on here, atheist to super Christian. I could even learn to like Fred. I'm willing. That's me. So,,,, I'll shut up now.

Whoever wants to chew me out, you may proceed, but I'd ask that you think about what I've said. And I'm not going anywhere. I'm smart enough to know that I need you guys way more than you need me. But if you do need me for whatever, I'm here for ya.....
WCB
95 Suzuki Intruder VS800
07 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

Redwood
Studying MC Handbook

Re: The way it is

Post by Redwood »

Don't get your hopes up on that face thing. I'm not as pretty as I sound. :-) But I'll definitely break some bread with ya.
WCB
95 Suzuki Intruder VS800

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Sounds pretty simple... cut out the bickering. :bow: Thanks Redwood for your good advice. :cheers:

If you don't agree then agree to disagree. wow, that made my head swim. :lolfall: There really is no need to bash someone simply because you disagree with their views on a subject. I have heard it said many times... if you don't like a thread then get out of it and don't go back. There are too few members on here now to run anyone off because you don't like what they say or think. Learn to live with it and move on. Actually there is never a good time to run a member off unless he has just become a sore spot on the board. As my sigline says I am on here for my own enjoyment and when the day that stops happening is the day I move on. :Umm: I'm not on here to make your day and if you think that way I got news for you its not going to happen. :OhNo;
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

cheapcookies wrote:Gasp. It's a conspiracy!

-cc
Nope just a classic case of keyboard facerollers

~Jols3n
via Tapatalk on Droid Turbo
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Redwood
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Redwood »

Jolsen wrote:
cheapcookies wrote:Gasp. It's a conspiracy!

-cc
Nope just a classic case of keyboard facerollers

~Jols3n
Please define faceroller?
WCB
95 Suzuki Intruder VS800

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

:funnylast: If I have to explain it you won't understand it. :lolfall: :XmasTree:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Those who don't think, they just do whatever no matter the situation.

~Jols3n
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Jolsen wrote:Those who don't think, they just do whatever no matter the situation.

~Jols3n
Oh crap, I resemble that remark. :bang: :OhNo; :ahha: :hat:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Its a term taken from a game I used to play.

~Jols3n

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Guess he ain't been to the general section on the purple board

~Jols3n

Redwood
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Redwood »

I'm not a gamer. Most of my online time over the years has been on forums. I've seen pretty much everything..... There's a thread on the purple board called something like "has your IA changed". I quit trying to keep up. WAY too many calories are being burned on non productive threads. There's a reason why there are motorcycle forums, automotive forums, faith based forums, etc. I, personally, don't think there should be a faith or politics section on any technical forum at all. There's too much variance in the target audience for those topics and its basically like storing your bleach and your ammonia in the same bottle. If I'm going to read through a heated debate on a motorcycle forum, I'd much rather it be the pros and cons of darkside tires than the stew that's been unnecessarily brewing here.
WCB
95 Suzuki Intruder VS800

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

I guess this is the tech board relax section. Most of us staid in the tech section on the purple board. I just have no time or money to mod my bike the way I want.

~Jols3n