UN F'N BELIEVABLE

Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

UN F'N BELIEVABLE

Post by Herb »

http://www.restoreamericanglory.com/bre ... hard-work/

A Pennsylvania State University professor thinks it’s high time we disavow students of the notion that hard work is the pathway to success. Angela Putman, a public speaking professor at the university, published an academic article last week that criticized concepts like hard work and merit-based success as myths that perpetuate (what else?) white privilege in America.

Students, she argued, “are socialized to believe that we got to where we are because of our own individual efforts.” She said it was up to her fellow professors to stop “perpetuating and reifying whiteness,” the concept of which is strengthened by the idea of individualism and the notion that the ladder to success is fundamental to the American dream.

In surveying students, Putman was discouraged to find that many of them had bought into “whiteness ideologies” like “if I work hard, I can be successful.” Or “everyone has an equal opportunity to achieve success.” These statements, of course, are contrary to the entire liberal agenda, which is built on the premise that whites are born on third base while all other minorities have to start in the dugout. With weights attached to their feet. And blindfolds over their eyes.

Putman believes that it’s up to “woke” college professors to undo these damaging beliefs in their impressionable young students. From College Reform:

While Putman believes that schools chiefly perpetuate these harmful ideologies, she also believes that college professors aren’t powerless, saying they can help undo students’ belief in meritocracy and equal opportunity through intensive re-education.

Professors should teach students “how racism and whiteness function in various contexts, the powerful influence of systems and institutions, and the pervasiveness of whiteness ideologies within the United States,” she adds, recommending the use of “role-play activities” and “readings, discussions, films, and activities.”

Once students learn more about whiteness ideologies, Putman hopes that they will “resist perpetuating and reifying whiteness through their own discourse and interactions,” and learn to fight “manifestations of racism and whiteness within U.S. institutions and systems.”
Enough has been said about the sheer sickness of this mentality and the harm it’s doing to young men and women – especially minorities who now feel that the system is stacked against them and that they bear no responsibility for their own successes and failures.

But we have to wonder at this point what the endgame to all of this really is. These academics must know that the majority of Americans are NEVER going to abandon a belief in hard work and individualized success. It’s woven into the very fabric of who we are as a nation. It is why we ARE the nation that we are. With every step these academics, with their race theories and their white privileges and their gender constructs, take to the left, the more people they leave behind. The left is self-destructing, and they don’t seem to have a clue.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: UN F'N BELIEVABLE

Post by Tbeck »

She is correct of course. Hard work and/or individual effort are not GUARANTEES of success.
By the same account poverty is not an indicator of the lack of hard work and/or individual effort.
And WHO came up with the "American Dream" ideology????

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

Tbeck wrote:She is correct of course. Hard work and/or individual effort are not GUARANTEES of success.
By the same account poverty is not an indicator of the lack of hard work and/or individual effort.

LOL you're on a roll tonight. Ya just gotta go against the grain..... :wink:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

I'm on a mission to trample out suggestive innuendo :lol:

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by BoDog »

Man I guess.... :cheers:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

BoDog wrote:
Tbeck wrote:She is correct of course. Hard work and/or individual effort are not GUARANTEES of success.

LOL you're on a roll tonight. Ya just gotta go against the grain..... :wink:
Something that has been a "signature" of This Person that is of nothing worthwhile responding to for a long time now. :tongue:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Tbeck wrote:I'm on a mission to trample out suggestive innuendo :lol:

Then you are in the right place for full time employment.

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

If hard work and individual effort is not the pathway to success, what is? How does a minority then compete in a white world? She offers no solutions or recommendations for an alternate game plan. How can anyone take this seriously?

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Those who can do, do. Those who can't do, teach or become politicians.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by BoDog »

Lechy wrote:Those who can do, do. Those who can't do, teach or become politicians.

[emoji41]

:funnylast:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Lonerider, you didn't read what was written. Hard work does not GUARANTEE.
Nor does failure equate to a LACK of HARD work.
MANY people work HARD and still have little.

The REALITY is that there is NO plan for success scheme, it pure dumb luck and chance. Look into it, it's true.

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

Tbeck wrote:Lonerider, you didn't read what was written. Hard work does not GUARANTEE.
Nor does failure equate to a LACK of HARD work.
MANY people work HARD and still have little.

The REALITY is that there is NO plan for success scheme, it pure dumb luck and chance. Look into it, it's true.
T, sorry, but where is it written that hard work guarantees success. On the contrary, hard work merely increases the odds of success, and your idea that blind luck plays a large part is WRONG. SOME luck plays a part, sure (like Fred attaining millions at a young age), but hard work definitely puts you one up on the guy who sits around waiting for it to happen.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Lonerider, actually the data doesn't support what you're saying bud. Actually dumb luck, being in the right place at the right time, makes more millionaires than effort. So working hard doesn't increase the odds of anything except that you aren't going to be accused of laziness.
I know what we've all been told/taught, and this is what the professor was punching holes in.
It seems logical what you've stated, heck I was raised to believe that, but it doesn't stand up to the data on success.
Do some digging around. Lot's of cool success stories and the vast majority just pure dumb luck.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

The problem here is that I alone am the only one who can define what success is to me, and whether I am or not. How I approach that is part and parcel of who I am psychologically. If I feel successful, then I am successful. It matters not whether I can rub 2 nickels together or what color I am. Cogito, ergo Sum! And even if hard work is not the path to success, it sure is good good for the mind and body, and psychologically you WILL feel better about yourself. THAT and that alone is success. It is not monetary.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

The older you are good health is the best wealth.Money gets less top of list all the time for me.Guess if pay check to pay check would matter more?
Went to town today to two places.Five people stopped me wanting to talk.Three not seen in years.All wanted to talk good times with me in them in the past.It cost me double the time but well worth the five to ten minutes with each. What you do today may make a friend for life. :clap: :cla:putput:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

how many times have opportunities come along and the person was not prepared?

Hard work alone won't guarentee success, but it is for damn sure that without it success is much less likely.

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Herb wrote:Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

how many times have opportunities come along and the person was not prepared?

Hard work alone won't guarentee success, but it is for damn sure that without it success is much less likely.

Most people do'nt recognize opportunity.

Opportunity is all around, every where, if You know what it looks like. seize it.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by BoDog »

I actually agree with you on this.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Jonnyc, perhaps, but we live in a society that does measure success by material worth. As for hard work being good for the mind and body? Rubbish!
Hard work wears out the body and the lack of equitable reward result's in psychological stress. Don't sound healthy to me.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity? Lol... Now that's conditioning. Attributed to Seneca, but how did that work out for the Roman's?
And we are following the same path the Roman's charted, lol

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Hmmm. I see an easy 3 credits here. Sign up for her class, not show up and I'll expect an "A". If I can get the rest of the profs onboard, I'll have a PhD by Christmas. [emoji106]