Sold my bike

Keep it civil
MarineScott
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 07 Suzuki S50 Honda VTX 1300

Sold my bike

Post by MarineScott »

Yesterday was a bitter sweet day, as I sold my 07 Suzuki S50. 35k on the odometer, very well kept. The bitter part was my son bought me the bike after his 2nd tour in Iraq. The sweet part is I needed the room in the garage as well as I bought a Honda VTX 1300 with many mods and a lot of room for my wife to ride in comfort. What's not to love about the S50? The empty spot in the garage is a sad reminder. The new buyer is very excited about his purchase and can't wait to get back on a bike after many years. I also referred him to this forum for any help. I will still stay a member here, but I still thank those who help on here. Thank you to you members of Intruders-Alert.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: Sold my bike

Post by old time rider »

You are going to stay on here with a Honda! [emoji2] Guess over half us have not had a intruder in a long time? Its the people that make this place great some days and a bar room the next. Enjoy and take part in both is way to go. 1300 VTX has so many owners that are happy may you be one all so. :putput:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Wait, what? LOL The Suzuki Intruders have been the best, most reliable bikes I have owned. [emoji2]

Wish I could say that for this paperweight called Kawasaki sitting in my garage. :bang:

I think you will like that Honda. Everyone I know that has had one liked it. I looked at a VTX1800 and was considering it. I really liked it. Then I asked to take it on a test ride and was told "we don't start the bikes until you fill out paperwork to buy it" WTF? (Mountain Motorsports-Conyers, Ga)

After I left them a google review from hell their sales manager contacted me and offered to have the bike delivered to me for a test ride. I thanked him for the offer but told him I had already bought a bike. (From someone who let me hear it run and even ride it before I committed to buying it)

Anyhow, off topic, sorry. I just really did like that Honda and I am still pissed at them.

Enjoy and post some pictures.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Is that the size of bike Lan had on the purple board or was his the 1800? I've slept since then and can't remember chit. :bang: :bang:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Is that the size of bike Lan had on the purple board or was his the 1800? I've slept since then and can't remember chit. :bang: :bang:

His was an 1800
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

MarineScott wrote:Yesterday was a bitter sweet day, as I sold my 07 Suzuki S50. 35k on the odometer, very well kept. The bitter part was my son bought me the bike after his 2nd tour in Iraq. The sweet part is I needed the room in the garage as well as I bought a Honda VTX 1300 with many mods and a lot of room for my wife to ride in comfort. What's not to love about the S50? The empty spot in the garage is a sad reminder. The new buyer is very excited about his purchase and can't wait to get back on a bike after many years. I also referred him to this forum for any help. I will still stay a member here, but I still thank those who help on here. Thank you to you members of Intruders-Alert.

You don't need to go anywhere...I haven't owned an Intruder since 2006.
-DBTO

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

I rode Suzuki's most of my life. I switched to a Honda VTX 1300 and LOVED THAT BIKE!!! (Then I wrecked it :bang: )

Bought a VTX 1800 after that and it was way too heavy for me.

Those VTX's are awesome, IMO. If it wasn't for my CTX and how much it fits me , I would definitely buy another VTX 1300.

***Just an FYI...the ONE issue that was widespread with the VTX's is the steering bearing. Be prepared.

Oh, and ya CAN'T leave the forum!!! [emoji2]
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

MadCow wrote:

You don't need to go anywhere...I haven't owned an Intruder since 2006.

Blasphemy!!!

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

FORTUNATELY, OWNING AN INTRUDER IS NOT THE REQUIREMENT TO BE HERE ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

This place a regular Hotel Cal !! :putput:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

HARRIS wrote:FORTUNATELY, OWNING AN INTRUDER IS NOT THE REQUIREMENT TO BE HERE ....
Neither is being crazy, but it sure as hell helps.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

I resemble that remark! :bonk:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I'll have you know I am not crazy. I just enjoy doing crazy things. [emoji106] [space] :XmasTree:

Junebug51
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: Street Glide

Post by Junebug51 »

If you don't own an Intruder, but you're on this board, then you are an "intruder", so that makes it OK for you to be here!! :lmao:
The older I get, the faster I was!

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

He could be a peeking Scott. Just looking to see what he can see. :blink: [space] :XmasTree:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Man, I don’t own an Intruder and never did, but I was invited to the purple board by Hack and this board by Yo, in both cases simply because I ride a motorcycle. Works for me.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

You fit in really good! I had a Harley on the old board and still have a Harley. Am not as brand loyal as most but if I like them I tend to have one.Have had a Harley and a suzuki at same time since 1977. Harleys,Honda's and Yamaha's before that .I am just a way too many bikes guy for a lot of years :bonk: .