Post by BoDog »

Abby.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: We have a new member of the family

Post by RoadKing »

Beautiful.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Awesome!!! Congrats! :cheers:
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

YELLOW LAB??? She is cute as a pin [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

BoDog wrote: Abby...
[emoji2] Another little story. lol

When Nick got to be about 3 or so, I started hinting around that he'd be an awesome big brother. I didn't let up... pretty much wrote the whole story about how he would have a little sister, and her name would be Abby. Had it all laid out... Well Patty and Lance weren't havin' any of it. So after a bit of time, me still dropping hints every chance I get, Nick all of a sudden has a pet Golden. Abby. lol

Whenever I went over there, she would bring me a slipper or some other present, and invite me in. [emoji106]

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Never met a dog I didn't like...

Look's like lifelong friends

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

Hopefully not Abbynormal.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:YELLOW LAB??? She is cute as a pin [emoji106]

Golden Retriever. Shes 9 mo old.The lady who gave her to me paid $900 for her in Texas 7 mo ago. She also gave me all the paperwork to register her AKC.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by BoDog »

Cuban wrote:
BoDog wrote: Abby...
[emoji2] Another little story. lol

When Nick got to be about 3 or so, I started hinting around that he'd be an awesome big brother. I didn't let up... pretty much wrote the whole story about how he would have a little sister, and her name would be Abby. Had it all laid out... Well Patty and Lance weren't havin' any of it. So after a bit of time, me still dropping hints every chance I get, Nick all of a sudden has a pet Golden. Abby. lol

Whenever I went over there, she would bring me a slipper or some other present, and invite me in. [emoji106]

What a special pic. [emoji106] They are supposed to be really good dogs.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Congrats, [emoji106] good looking lady. [emoji2] [space] :XmasTree:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by BoDog »

I went to high school with the owner. She bought Abby shortly after she moved back to town and moved in with her mother. Abby is a big ole pup and a handful. I guess she was tearing up the mothers yard and too rowdy for the elderly mother to be around.
She was also penned up in a small yard. We have plenty of room here for her to romp around. Like I said she's a handfull but I think she just needs work and attention.

Digger
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Road Star

Post by Digger »

BoDog wrote:I went to high school with the owner. She bought Abby shortly after she moved back to town and moved in with her mother. Abby is a big ole pup and a handful. I guess she was tearing up the mothers yard and too rowdy for the elderly mother to be around.
She was also penned up in a small yard. We have plenty of room here for her to romp around. Like I said she's a handfull but I think she just needs work and attention.
They make terrific pets and yes they can be a handful for older people but I'm sure with all the attention she's getting now and the extra running room she'll be just fine. Everyone will love and spoil her and she'll return the love big time.

Great story!!

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by BoDog »

Disaster! On Thursday night Feb 1 while driving down to feed the cows Abby fell out of the pass window of my little farm truck and before I could stop I ran over her right back leg crushing it. I was only going about 15 mph on a dirt ditch bank and I had her in the front so she would not fall out of the back where my Border Collie rides. I tried to grab her tail but missed and she fell out.

I rushed her home and called my vet on his cell as they were already closed. He had a girl meet me out at the clinic where she got a shot of pain med and a splint until they could X-ray it the next morning. We had to leave the next morning at 4 am for Phoenix where my my wife’s aunt is dying of cancer. A great day for sure. :sad:

While driving to Phoenix next morning, the vet called and said I had three options. They said we could cast it several times for about $800 and have a 50-50 chance of her being sound, they could pin it there at the clinic for about $1200 and she would have about a 65% chance, or send her to a neighboring town 40 miles away where they have the technology to do a special surgery for about $2000 and she would have a 90 percent chance of being sound.

We sent her to Belen and had the surgery done. It’s been two weeks and she’s doing great! My poor little girl has had a hard time but has a good chance of being a normal healthy dog. :smile:

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by BoDog »

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

BoDog wrote:Disaster! On Thursday night Feb 1 while driving down to feed the cows Abby fell out of the pass window of my little farm truck and before I could stop I ran over her right back leg crushing it. I was only going about 15 mph on a dirt ditch bank and I had her in the front so she would not fall out of the back where my Border Collie rides. I tried to grab her tail but missed and she fell out.

I rushed her home and called my vet on his cell as they were already closed. He had a girl meet me out at the clinic where she got a shot of pain med and a splint until they could X-ray it the next morning. We had to leave the next morning at 4 am for Phoenix where my my wife’s aunt is dying of cancer. A great day for sure. :sad:

While driving to Phoenix next morning, the vet called and said I had three options. They said we could cast it several times for about $800 and have a 50-50 chance of her being sound, they could pin it there at the clinic for about $1200 and she would have about a 65% chance, or send her to a neighboring town 40 miles away where they have the technology to do a special surgery for about $2000 and she would have a 90 percent chance of being sound.

We sent her to Belen and had the surgery done. It’s been two weeks and she’s doing great! My poor little girl has had a hard time but has a good chance of being a normal healthy dog. :smile:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

BoDog wrote:Disaster! On Thursday night Feb 1 while driving down to feed the cows Abby fell out of the pass window of my little farm truck and before I could stop I ran over her right back leg crushing it. I was only going about 15 mph on a dirt ditch bank and I had her in the front so she would not fall out of the back where my Border Collie rides. I tried to grab her tail but missed and she fell out.

I salute you. [space] :rock:
lovineveryminuteofit

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I love happy endings for dog stories.... We had our wonderful Golden for 10+ years.....Scooter Boudreaux...
He was the best house dog we have ever have live with us....Scooter never had a bad day....playful as a pup all of his years
He was a joy to be around..

We now have a Yellow Lab...and her name is Lucy Boudreaux...loves water and like Scooter she is still playful as heck at 9 years of age.
She stays with us in our home...she enjoys the good life.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

You have done the best thing possible for Abby. Lookin' good too!

Good For You Both . :cheers:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

One of the dogs that blessed my life was a Golden Retriever I named Theodore Golden Bear, Teddy Bear, my Bear Dog. Someday soon I’ll again have a computer, don’t know how to post pics with my mobile device, but after seeing pictures of your beautiful dogs I’d love to show you mine. I miss my Bear.
Signifying nothing”

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by BoDog »

Yes, please post them!