Bitcoin or bitecoin

Keep it civil
Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Re: Bitcoin or bitecoin

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
Prodigal_Sun wrote: The bitcoin went from 9,500 when I bought it to over 11,500 early today, back down to about 9,100 currently :lmao: volatile as f@%k ;IDunno: we'll see what it does. worst case right now I lose my dollar boo hoo lol
So if the price goes below a dollar are they going to make you pay more? :OhNo; You see that is another thing about having "real" money and/or silver. No matter what you will still have something to hold on to. :blink:
:XmasTree:
I'm not trying to sell this stuff. tbh you buy when people are making fun of it. Because it's low. You dump it when the world is singing it's praises, that's when it's high...

:jester:
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:
Cuban wrote:[space]
Tulip mania, circa 1636. At least you could smell them... :tongue:
At least tulip mania was backed by something... the tulip! Bitcoin is nothing but code, not even a coin, and backed by nothing. I see it as a computer based pyramid scam.

Now, if you had 1K to invest and over night made 400 dollars, big whoop. A short term gain that may or may not happen so why bother? Long term investment? I wouldn’t touch it.

Now, I suggested the possibility that bitcoin could be a tool for China to wreck the US Dollar and in doing so control world economy, take that thought and run with it and see where it takes you. Only response I got was to see our currency v China currency and that is not at all what I’m saying nor do I see our debt to China as a factor. Rather than reject this thought out of hand, grab it and search the possibilities. I’m not predicting anything, but I do see this as a very real contingency nor am I the only one. Remember, the bitcoin is a computer generated code, nothing more, which means a whole lot of dollars possibly being invested into a huge digital black hole. Clue? Think hack.
Can't be hacked. That's the whole point of it. You use your credit card online? My wife has had her credit card numbers stolen three times. Her and a co-worker had to explain to their bank that no they didn't spend $500 on itunes they don't even own any Apple products.

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Can’t be hacked. Encrypted. Anonymity of ownership. CANT BE HACKED! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Ignorance is bliss.
Your “account” need not be hacked. The whole damned code can be hacked and the Chinese are very capable. Fuck Bitcoin. Invest in Walmart!
Tiny boxes
Tiny boxes
And they’re all made out of ticky tacky. :lolfall:
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:Can’t be hacked. Encrypted. Anonymity of ownership. CANT BE HACKED! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Ignorance is bliss.
Your “account” need not be hacked. The whole damned code can be hacked and the Chinese are very capable. Fuck Bitcoin. Invest in Walmart!
Hey! If you can't trust a Nigerian Prince, who can you trust? amirite!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

I trust a Jewish King. None others need apply.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:This reminds me of the "Purchase a Pet Rock" phase......forget the year but I know several people who paid hefty for a dumb rock..
Wonder how much they are worth nowadays?
How many Pet Rocks is it to pay my Dish Network bill? They accept Bitcoin... :soda:

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:I trust a Jewish King. None others need apply.
I prefer the Jewish Carpenter [emoji2] :XmasTree:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tell ya a little story. Fella I knew in Los Gatos had a dry creek bed in his back yard. Just tweaking around he started playing around with the rocks and pebbles, painting them and such, and on a lark decided to try selling them in the hippy dippy artsy fartsy local small gift shop scene. Called them Pet Rocks, thing caught on, you know the rest of the story. Now, you tell me what makes more sense, what he tried just having fun or greedily investing hard earned money on an encrypted code?
Signifying nothing”

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Prodigal_Sun wrote:
One in the same, and you know it! Merry Christmas!
Signifying nothing”

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

There's lots of Pet Rocks on ebay....but be very careful as there are a lot of counterfeits also. [emoji2]

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:Tell ya a little story. Fella I knew in Los Gatos had a dry creek bed in his back yard. Just tweaking around he started playing around with the rocks and pebbles, painting them and such, and on a lark decided to try selling them in the hippy dippy artsy fartsy local small gift shop scene. Called them Pet Rocks, thing caught on, you know the rest of the story. Now, you tell me what makes more sense, what he tried just having fun or greedily investing hard earned money on an encrypted code?
You're comparing apples and rocks here. What makes more sense, him going to the grocery store and saying "these painted on rocks can be exchanged for food because I said so" or someone going to the same store and saying "these painted on pieces of paper can be exchanged for food because a guy neither of us has ever met said so"? You get one is better than the other, but neither are exactly ideal, right?

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:
Prodigal_Sun wrote:
One in the same, and you know it! Merry Christmas!
Thanks! right back atcha :cheers: :cheers:

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:Can’t be hacked. Encrypted. Anonymity of ownership. CANT BE HACKED! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Ignorance is bliss.
Tiny boxes
Tiny boxes
I'm thinking of 2 numbers between 1 and 1 to the 2130th power (1 with 2130 zeros) if you can guess the two numbers correctly I'll give you my dollar. That's the level of encryption your laughing at. [emoji106]

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

You guys can make fun of the Bitcoin if you wish, but when the dollar falls out of favor because it is worthless or because the Chinese make it worthless then the people will want something that is not worthless and along comes the Bitcoin or whatever crypto-money is in favor at the time. While it is true the Bitcoin does not exist except on your computer the people who have it don't care and the people that will trade for it don't care. From what I am reading this Crypto-money is going to be the next get it now before it is gone thing. The only thing I see that can cause a problem is the fact that there are hundreds of these crypto-money sites set up and every one of them can't continue once the paper money falls. Actually I don't see why they can't as we have currency from almost every country in the world bouncing around.

I'm going to do some more reading and studying and hope to buy the right one for pennies and wait for it to go up, way up in value and make me more money, crypto or real, than I ever dreamed about. [emoji106] [space] :XmasTree:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Prodigal_Sun wrote:
Ignorance is bliss.
Tiny boxes
Tiny boxes
I'm thinking of 2 numbers between 1 and 1 to the 2130th power (1 with 2130 zeros) if you can guess the two numbers correctly I'll give you my dollar. That's the level of encryption your laughing at. [emoji106]
Passcodes are simple. Someone made them, someone can break them. Once in, you rewrite, make the encryption your own. I’ll guarantee you there are people already in and looking around. Probability changes are already dynamic and ongoing.
Signifying nothing”

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Cuban wrote: Tulip mania, circa 1636. At least you could smell them... :tongue:
RoadKing wrote: At least tulip mania was backed by something... the tulip! Bitcoin is nothing but code, not even a coin, and backed by nothing. I see it as a computer based pyramid scam...
[emoji2] I know, right? I was reading an article recently speaking of the rising computational power needed for both mining and transactions. Or rather, the energy requirements of said computations. Already out of control, and quickly rising to unsustainable levels... :bonk:

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

Cuban wrote:
Cuban wrote: Tulip mania, circa 1636. At least you could smell them... :tongue:
RoadKing wrote: At least tulip mania was backed by something... the tulip! Bitcoin is nothing but code, not even a coin, and backed by nothing. I see it as a computer based pyramid scam...
[emoji2] I know, right? I was reading an article recently speaking of the rising computational power needed for both mining and transactions. Or rather, the energy requirements of said computations. Already out of control, and quickly rising to unsustainable levels... :bonk:
Mining is rewarded based on the percentage of computing power your mine has compared to the total global computing power of all mines on the network. So it's competitive, as more and more mines come online, more and more power will be needed to make anything off of it. But as the value skyrockets the incentive to mine goes up as well.

I like that it gives me currency that isn't linked to my identity directly. Not because I have illicit income to hid, but because I have a young wife who thinks that shopping is an olympic sport, and a mother-in-law that believes all the money in the world was printed for her personal benefit.

The fact my $1.00 is at $1.34 from one week ago is a side benefit

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

It cannot be denied... Bitcoin is speculative. It could go to 1 million, it could go to zero. Very volatile and so only invest what you can afford to lose.
Signifying nothing”

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:It cannot be denied... Bitcoin is speculative. It could go to 1 million, it could go to zero. Very volatile and so only invest what you can afford to lose.
+1 I know it's dangerous to put all the eggs in one basket, but my $1.00 is $1.74 right now. If I'd have taken $1,000 that I have sitting in savings earning .02% annually and put it in bitcoin it'd be $1,740 I'd have made $740 in one week and doubled what I make working my regular job just from that......... :eek: :bang:

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

Ignorance is bliss.
Tiny boxes
Tiny boxes
I have been watching this thread and so far, this is the best post because last year the Chinese found a way to hack the underlying technology (the source of blockchain). I wouldn't touch bitcoins with someone else's money. However, if you want to see where it can go... check out https://www.producthunt.com/posts/cryptokitties :lmao: