My new bike is crap.

Keep it civil
BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Re: My new bike is crap.

Post by BoDog »

franktiregod wrote:
Hated. Past tense. I sold it because each time I saw it I had to fight the urge to kick the living shit out of it. [emoji2]

:lmao: Frank, you're a class act. [emoji106]

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

BoDog wrote:
franktiregod wrote:
Hated. Past tense. I sold it because each time I saw it I had to fight the urge to kick the living shit out of it. [emoji2]

:lmao: Frank, you're a class act. [emoji106]

[emoji106]

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Tbeck wrote:Mattsunn, do me a favor, if you are set on getting rid of it, and you find something more to your liking but you're going to take a big hit trading, shoot me a PM. I have a friend who owns two MC store's. He sells all the metric brands and Indian. I am 100% sure you could get a better deal from him and I would be happy to try and help out. Maybe an Indian?
I appreciate it Tim. I'll definitely keep it in mind.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

franktiregod wrote:
old time rider wrote:Sport bikes are a lot more firm than most cruisers and soft on a sport will be more like the most firm setting on most cruisers IMO. :putput:
My big Nomad was a real nice big cruiser for me.Frank hates his.Only Kaw I ever owned and only 1000 mile day at 1,030 at age 55.We all sure don't like the same thing.I really liked my sportsters solo and did 600+ days on them with ease. I just had two of them but you have had five or six? :cheers:
Looks like the big LC kicked the shit out of you! :lmao: My Nomad felt better in cruves than any LC or C90 I ever rode. The last two all ways felt like they had a hing in the middle that gave a little in a hard curve too fast. Nomad felt rock solid. But you did not like the C90 that much? To me they felt the same with stock seats. Luck is with you as they sure are selling LCs at really good prices if you just look around. :cheers: :cheers: :putput:
Now power wise Nomad and LC both felt real tame. The GM do over LC was bad next to my Nomad and never saw a 1500 v-twin Kaw made to run that good with just carb and pipes.My 1700 RoadStar with just a pipe got it after third gear.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

They just issued the recall in the States for the Z900 with a "do not ride" til the correction is made.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

old time rider wrote:
franktiregod wrote:
old time rider wrote:Sport bikes are a lot more firm than most cruisers and soft on a sport will be more like the most firm setting on most cruisers IMO. :putput:
My big Nomad was a real nice big cruiser for me.Frank hates his.Only Kaw I ever owned and only 1000 mile day at 1,030 at age 55.We all sure don't like the same thing.I really liked my sportsters solo and did 600+ days on them with ease. I just had two of them but you have had five or six? :cheers:
Looks like the big LC kicked the shit out of you! :lmao: My Nomad felt better in cruves than any LC or C90 I ever rode. The last two all ways felt like they had a hing in the middle that gave a little in a hard curve too fast. Nomad felt rock solid. But you did not like the C90 that much? To me they felt the same with stock seats. Luck is with you as they sure are selling LCs at really good prices if you just look around. :cheers: :cheers: :putput:
Now power wise Nomad and LC both felt real tame. The GM do over LC was bad next to my Nomad and never saw a 1500 v-twin Kaw made to run that good with just carb and pipes.My 1700 RoadStar with just a pipe got it after third gear.
The Kawi handled well and was smooth as silk for the whole 1500 miles I put on it before it exploded. :)

I had no complaints other than a "bad design" for oiling the bevel gear bearing. ( "Bad design" is two different mechanics exact words, not mine. Three if you count the one who said no thanks and I should cut my loss)

The seat in a C90 is smaller than the LC. I even put an Ultimate Rider on the C90. Damn thing never felt like my Intruder.

I am looking at bikes. But most likely will pick up another Intruder. You can bet it wont be a Kawasaki. If a Kawi cant hold up at 30,000 miles it will never live to over 100,000 like my Intruder did. And anyone who rode with me can tell you I rode the crap out of it.

I ride a lot. I prefer bikes that can be ridden. If it wants to be a garage queen or shop mascot it aint the bike for me.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

You live in a great climate, you should ride a lot. Got my feelers out for a new place to live. Is real estate reasonable in your area?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Frank sorry your Kaw was a bad one. Mine went over 82,000 in less than four years. IMO the LC is a longer life motor. Here's to you finding a really good one again and Paul like me has too many motorcycles now so unload the kaw and ride the sportsters!. :cheers:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

RoadKing wrote:You live in a great climate, you should ride a lot. Got my feelers out for a new place to live. Is real estate reasonable in your area?
Georgia? Oh yes.

Depends on where you live. I tell people there are two Georgias, metro Atlanta which sucks, and then the real Georgia.

My plan is to move to north Georgia in the next few years. Somewhere north of Helen. Good riding and people up there.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

old time rider wrote:Frank sorry your Kaw was a bad one. Mine went over 82,000 in less than four years. IMO the LC is a longer life motor. Here's to you finding a really good one again and Paul like me has too many motorcycles now so unload the kaw and ride the sportsters!. :cheers:
Oh well, out of over 20 bikes I was bound to get a lemon sooner or later. I was just surprised at Kawi. But it is what it is. I usually try to keep two bikes. Now with one wrecked and the other sold I have NO bikes. I have been looking. I will find something soon. [emoji106]