ACA

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

ACA

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Checked the exchange again this year...hoping for some kind of change (hope and change, see what I did there?)...well this year monthly premiums for me start at the low price of just about 10% more than I actually take home monthly.

How affordable! Liberal math must be as fucked up as their logic. :bang:

Thanks Obama! Appreciate it! :fubird:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Re: ACA

Post by jonnycando »

Well, see if you can get a subsidy! There's a rumour about that some people can.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

jonnycando wrote:Well, see if you can get a subsidy! There's a rumour about that some people can.
Nope. Don't qualify. :bang:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

Well at least you won't have to pay the fine....you are stuck in no man's land.....that sucks. :bang:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Yup the ACA has helped everyone who previously had insurance, subsidize those who don't.
This year my premiums increase 43.6% for the same benefits as last year.
This is solely for the purpose of funding the exchange.
Thanks Obama!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

You guy's must be doing something wrong cause my premiums haven't gone up for as long as I can recall

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

Tbeck wrote:You guy's must be doing something wrong cause my premiums haven't gone up for as long as I can recall
The fines have remained the same.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

Tbeck wrote:You guy's must be doing something wrong cause my premiums haven't gone up for as long as I can recall

Don't you use the VA?

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Nope no fines either...

Chief, I do but I also carry insurance. I don't need it but VA does get to bill them.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

navigator wrote:Yup the ACA has helped everyone who previously had insurance, subsidize those who don't.
Thanks obama!
Bering involved and having premiums rise also,...what could you have done to cause this?

Did you change policies or something?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

navigator wrote:Yup the ACA has helped everyone who previously had insurance, subsidize those who don't.
That's exactly what it did for people.

I checked prices when the health exchange first went on line. The cheapest plan offered was going to cost several hundred dollars a month for my wife and me. I forget the exact amount, but as I recall it was sizable. That wasn't the worst part though. The plan had a $13,000 deductible!

A plan with a $13,000 deductible is the same as not having insurance. Now, before someone explains to me that medical insurance is for emergency room care, catastrophic illnesses, and hospital stays, and routine medical services should be paid out of pocket. Please, save your breath. It used to be a person could purchase that type of plan and they were very affordable. Then came O' Care.
lovineveryminuteofit

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

9 years ago my co-pay was $1,200.... Now it's $12,000

Thanks Obama! :fubird:
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

As I don't/didn't use Ocare, how is it that the American people actually want to keep this over priced worthless piece of shit health care? Better question, why is it taking congress so long to fix it? :hellfire: There is no way you can tell me the majority of the people want to keep this crap so bad that congress doesn't want to change or just get rid of it. The country we live in is going to hell in a hand basket and the race divide is getting bigger by the day. I see race wars in our future and sooner rather than later. Yes, yes, yes, I know it isn't the people that work and pay for it that want to keep it. So get rid of it and let the whinners cry their little hearts out. Oh, I forgot there are the Dems and some Repubs in congress that believe the worthless need more freebies. :hellfire:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

So if I read the articles correctly the insurance industry is and has been robing consumers because of government contributions and now that the government isn't going to pitch in they're jacking up consumer's.

So is it the ACA that's bad, or thieving insurance companies?
Don't take the aforementioned question wrong. My tax dollars shouldn't pay for someone else's insurance, and the government shouldn't force people to get insurance. BUT there are arguments for those given OTHER legal requirements hospital's are strung with.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

Designer wrote:
Thanks obama!
Bering involved and having premiums rise also,...what could you have done to cause this?

Nope, same carrier, same plan.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Tbeck wrote:So if I read the articles correctly the insurance industry is and has been robing consumers because of government contributions and now that the government isn't going to pitch in they're jacking up consumer's.

Don't take the aforementioned question wrong. My tax dollars shouldn't pay for someone else's insurance, and the government shouldn't force people to get insurance. BUT there are arguments for those given OTHER legal requirements hospital's are strung with.
Actually, the majority of the problem is the government.

The government requirements for what has to be covered, allowing 26-year-old "kids" to remain on the parent's policy and not being able to charge more for people with pre-existing conditions has been a major cause of the increases.

The insurance companies are not going to lose money on the policies, nor should they, so the price has to go up.

There are 2 main reasons for the cost increase, both caused by the government. #1 is the pre-existing condition law. A lot of people that couldn't get coverage before are now having their bills paid. The government thought the individual mandate would cover the extra cost, HOWEVER, a large number of people are willing to pay the fine/tax rather than pay the price for insurance. So, they wait for a condition before they buy insurance, this little fact should have been known to the government and the insurance companies, any thinking person knew this would happen.

https://lifeinsurancepost.com/why-insur ... an-salary/

"The reason insurers are coping with substantially higher costs for Obamacare enrollees is actually pretty easy to understand. Prior to Obamacare’s implementation, insurers had the ability to handpick who they’d insure. This meant people with pre-existing conditions, who were potentially costly for insurers to treat, could be legally denied coverage. However, under Obamacare insurers aren’t allowed to deny coverage based on pre-existing conditions."

"Chalk this one up to yet another miscalculation by the government. It turns out that significantly less people are enrolled in the insurance marketplace than expected. Like, 50% less.

Young adults, in particular, aren’t signing up, probably due to the fact that the penalty for not signing up has only been around $150.

A smaller market means that insurance companies can absorb the cost of particularly ill patients as easily. In larger cities, enough people may enroll to spread out the risks but in smaller areas insurance companies are hit hard.

This, of course, causes insurance companies to pull out, increasing the problem even more."

I forgot to put this little tidbit in.

" A 2015 report found that insurance companies lost $2.7 billion in the individual market, in part because they had to cover more claims than expected. Insurance companies aren’t really in the business of losing money, and now they’re scrambling to make up for what they lost."
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tbeck wrote:So if I read the articles correctly the insurance industry is and has been robing consumers because of government contributions and now that the government isn't going to pitch in they're jacking up consumer's.

ACA was the catalyst for the insurance companies to begin their pernicious activity

Forcing folks to pay a penalty for not having insurance assured everyone contributed one way or the other...take away that rule and obozocare would fall flat on it's merits............. as no one with common sense would purchase something they are unable to afford in the first place....plus they would not be eligible for federal assistance.
Just another sorry ass example of putting the federal government in control of health dollars.
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

navigator wrote:
Designer wrote:
Thanks obama!
Being involved and having premiums rise also,...what could you have done to cause this?

Nope, same carrier, same plan.
Same here. I kind of thought that was the situation, but I thought I'd ask you rather than assume it was.

Since, like me, you have done nothing wrong, have you seen any viable solution that you are considering? Because I'm stumped! :uhh:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

This predicament the country is in reminds me of home owners insurance in the states l;located along the Gulf coast who are susceptible to hurricane activity.......before the arrival of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita home owners insurance in southwest Louisiana was affordable....
my home was insured for $200,000.000 with a 500 dollar deductible.....it was appraised for 115,00.00 before September of 2005

But first let me lay the ground work......
From 1957 till present there have been twenty five (25) named hurricanes that have hit the Gulf coast causing major or minor damage to coastal cities and towns... and in southwest Louisiana only four (4) of those storms affected our area..
1957...Audrey
1986 Edith
2005 Rita
2007 Humberto

Hurricane Rita was the dinger....virtually destroyed 90% of my hometown and completely shutting down services for at least two months in some surrounding areas..

After Rita home owners insurance sky rocketed...... state insurance commissioners were bought and paid for...all appointed positions

My deductible now is $6,500.00..........and my policy has tripled since then.

sound similar?????