Senator John McCain

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: Senator John McCain

Post by RoadKing »

lonerider wrote:Sure am glad we have a self-appointed expert in market trading to guide the rest of us neophytes. And to top it all, he has a minor in legislation and the importance of John McCain's vote.

:clap:
:lmao: Laughter, at your ignorance, your self appointed ignorance, concerning someone you don’t even know, someone who is trying to be helpful. I do know a lot about the market from years of study and hard work in order to help myself, friends and family, and charitable causes. Also, I was a political science major at The University of Florida over 50 years ago and political awareness has been a constant ever since.

In any case, thanks for your kind words about me as I am sure they come from someone whose shit don’t stink.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I just don't see the significance of opposing this tax legislation.....other than having your name plastered all over America's newsfeeds

if it does falls flat on it's merit...only Trump will take the blame....

case in point....it's called obamacare.....not pelosicare or shummercare ....it's the person in the White house who gets all the blame for something going south .. and very little credit when things are booming
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

RoadKing wrote:
lonerider wrote:Sure am glad we have a self-appointed expert in market trading to guide the rest of us neophytes. And to top it all, he has a minor in legislation and the importance of John McCain's vote.

:clap:
:lmao: Laughter, at your ignorance, your self appointed ignorance, concerning someone you don’t even know, someone who is trying to be helpful. I do know a lot about the market from years of study and hard work in order to help myself, friends and family, and charitable causes. Also, I was a political science major at The University of Florida over 50 years ago and political awareness has been a constant ever since.

In any case, thanks for your kind words about me as I am sure they come from someone whose shit don’t stink.
Oh, did you think I was talking about YOU? ...The shoe must fit!

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

lonerider wrote: Your question can be answered by saying your investment strategy should not react to short term ups and downs but rather with an eye towards the long term which historically has been steadily upward.
That's the convenient and easy answer. Riding out a market plunge the likes of what we saw from 2007 to 2009 should not concern a 30-year-old, I agree, but what if you're 60, or already retired? I was simply asking if there should be concern. I read stories about people losing 40%-50% of their retirement nest eggs by riding out the storm, not by selling. In my view, the market is rising at an unbelievable pace. I'm not heavily invested in stocks. I wish for the best of luck to the ones who are.
lovineveryminuteofit

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Just my .02, when you are 30, your investment strategy can be very aggressive and corrections are not that big of a deal if you are on a dollar cost averaging regimen during your investment years.
At 60, close to retirement or already retired, you should rebalance your portfolio to a more moderate or conservative approach. You may be still throwing money in or just holding and accumulating dividends....or you are in the withdrawal phase. More power to you! enjoy what you have earned, you can't take it with you, and NOBODY gets out alive.

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:
lonerider wrote: Your question can be answered by saying your investment strategy should not react to short term ups and downs but rather with an eye towards the long term which historically has been steadily upward.
That's the convenient and easy answer. Riding out a market plunge the likes of what we saw from 2007 to 2009 should not concern a 30-year-old, I agree, but what if you're 60, or already retired? I was simply asking if there should be concern. I read stories about people losing 40%-50% of their retirement nest eggs by riding out the storm, not by selling. In my view, the market is rising at an unbelievable pace. I'm not heavily invested in stocks. I wish for the best of luck to the ones who are.
Should there be concern? Maybe, maybe not. Let's say you've had a couple of good years with your portfolio experiencing a 100% gain (on paper). Then, something happens to cause a brief bear market with your stocks losing 40%. Have you lost? Technically, yes, but over-all you have a 20% gain, so you're good. In that case riding out the bear worked. On the other hand, if you hadn't had the 100% gain previously..... ...There is no such thing as a risk-free investment in stocks. Don't invest more than you can afford to lose.

Nav is right, the closer you are to retirement the more conservative you need to be.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

navigator wrote:Just my .02, when you are 30, your investment strategy can be very aggressive and corrections are not that big of a deal if you are on a dollar cost averaging regimen during your investment years.
At 60, close to retirement or already retired, you should rebalance your portfolio to a more moderate or conservative approach. You may be still throwing money in or just holding and accumulating dividends....or you are in the withdrawal phase. More power to you! enjoy what you have earned, you can't take it with you, and NOBODY gets out alive.
Nav, I’m not in the market for just me. I am already enjoying the fruits of my labor. So, why bother with an aggressive approach at age 75? Two reasons...
First, it’s easy having fun doing something you enjoy and are good at.
Second, I would love to contribute to cheritable causes continuously as the result of successfully trading and investing and that in itself is quite an incentive to me.
Your investing models for stages of life are plausible but not the same for everyone. Here’s the way I approach my investment portfolio as well as my trading accounts... 80% diversified investpments as well as 80% strong risk/reward trades. The other 20% of both is much more discretionary but with the possibilities of generating big gains in a short time. But you have to be paying attention, doing your homework, treating it like a lunch bucket strap on the tools job, one that is rewarding. But incentive is necessary and having fun while being able to help kids’ cheritable causes is plenty of incentive for me! [emoji106] I’m not concerned with taking anything with me when I go. I just want to leave behind a respectable legacy.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

Now you know how elected officials make money while in power. :naughty:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tax reform/cut bill passes. :cheers: :clap:
Signifying nothing”

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

ALL MY MONEYS ARE TIED UP IN DEBT
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

HARRIS wrote:ALL MY MONEYS ARE TIED UP IN DEBT

:funnylast: [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

HARRIS wrote:ALL MY MONEYS ARE TIED UP IN DEBT
Bummer.
Signifying nothing”

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Damn teacher's must do something right cause my students brought this up several times this past week.