Senator John McCain

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Senator John McCain

Post by RoadKing »

Just minutes ago Sen McCain said he will vote yay for the reform and tax cut bill and the Dow instantantly moved up from plus 135 to plus 180! The vote is near and if McCain is allowed to cast the deciding vote the Senate floor will explode in approbation.

The Trump Bump began at 18K and on its way to 25K!!!!!!!!
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: Senator John McCain

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Except you can't believe a word John McCain says. He has lied before and he will do it again. I was hoping to hear the sob had died. :hellfire:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

UNBELIEVABLE! Less than two hours ago McCain gave Big Thumb Up. Since, the Dow has gone from plus 135 to plus 290! Can it hold? Will it continue up? Will there be profit taking?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Well, not everything went up... my Litecoin went down in value to $81.50. I hope it stays down or goes even further down tomorrow when I get my SS money. I really doubt if I will buy the Litecoin as it is already high and I am looking at something in the penny range sort of like penny stocks. :blink: [space] :XmasTree:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Well, not everything went up... my Litecoin went down in value to $81.50. I hope it stays down or goes even further down tomorrow when I get my SS money. I really doubt if I will buy the Litecoin as it is already high and I am looking at something in the penny range sort of like penny stocks. :blink: [space] :XmasTree:
John! You gotta get over your thinking about things going down! Up is good! Always! Buy low sell high can be the worst advice you ever take. In the mid 80’s or so the Dow was well below 1K, today it is at 24.3K. However, as I tried to advise several years ago on the purple board, penny stocks are unreliable at best, a scam at worst.

Good things go up, it is your job to discern the good from the bad and I know you can do it.
Signifying nothing”

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

It's worrysome when 1 guy like McCain can cause significant upward movement in the stock market. Lots of folks reap the benefit, but so does McCain, allowing him to possibly sell and profit from his own inside knowledge. Plus, he could change his mind and vote nay after he's made his market trades.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Shouldn't this run make one a little nervous if they're heavily invested in stocks? I mean, bubbles are created by speculation when investors buy a stock because its price has risen strongly in the recent past, therefore they conclude it will continue to rise strongly in the foreseeable future. Everyone says the market is responding to future promise. Put another way, pure speculation. But at some point stocks become overvalued. At that point there has to be a correction. The taller the run, the bigger the correction, no?
lovineveryminuteofit

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

I remember when the dow dropped 500 or so points one day and the guy on the radio sez "well that's going to hurt the small investor" he was talking about someone with 25 million or so.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

OK, I want to ask you cynics a question. Do you have money in the game? If no then all your chatter is the real speculation and conjecture and you are stating that those of us who are invested and making money don’t know as much as you do! I try to advise and it’s not based on theory or just running my jaws on a freaking forum. I got no time to argue. I’m giving good advice based on real experience. I’ve been in the game for 21 years and never sold even when markets suffered. Now, about today... my portfolio grew substantially due to incredible gains in the Dow, S&P, and Nasdaq. Can’t argue with success unless you are bent on cynicism and failure. Perhaps I should mind my own business. Fuck it.
Signifying nothing”

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

I was hoping to read his sorry ass finally died. Damn traitor

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:I was hoping to read his sorry ass finally died. Damn traitor
He’s says he’ll vote yay on a major legislative bill and that’s what matters. You are just talking trash, Tbeck, I ain’t buying.
Signifying nothing”

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Tbeck wrote:I was hoping to read his sorry ass finally died. Damn traitor

X2
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

I don’t like the dude, either. Never have. But I welcome his yay vote and would never wish death on him. A death wish like that on someone can come back to haunt you.
Signifying nothing”

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

No RK, I REALLY hate McCain. He's been a traitor all along. You can applaud his signature if you like but I will always maintain that traitor should never have served in our government after his betrayal of this nation.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:No RK, I REALLY hate McCain. He's been a traitor all along. You can applaud his signature if you like but I will always maintain that traitor should never have served in our government after his betrayal of this nation.
Hate away, Tbeck. It’s your emotion to carry. It’s your poison to suffer. Hoping he dies won’t effect him but it could harm you. Bad emotion, bad curse.
Signifying nothing”

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

RK, let me put it this way... I did the paper trading on penny stocks for 2 years and never lost a penny. Of course it was all on paper so it didn't matter, but with the way I was trading I would have made over $65,000 a year if I had been using real money. The trick was to get in and sell before the pump and dump guys sold their stock. Which is possible if you don't want to wait for that little extra profit, because it never shows up.

I also never said I was going to get into penny stocks, just that I was hoping to find a crypto coin at a cheap (penny stock) price. Keep you eye on this because the crypto money will go up within the near future. :blink: [space] :XmasTree:

oh and I agree that he is not a hero or Patriot. It is my opinion that he needs to go home and stay there until he dies. That could be days, weeks, months or years I don't really care as long as it is with him out of congress. :blink:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

John, the number of people who have practiced trading and investing on paper and made pretend money is legendary. Until you get skin in the game for real you have no idea what it means to pull the trigger for real and know the real success that counts. I wish you the best but success comes by recognizing good advice. Continue the research you say concerning bitcoins and such but do so considering you have already gotten your best source right here from old RK.

Is McCain a hero or a patriot? I don’t know. I don’t care. What I care about is that this bill gets passed and we need his vote. It’s that simple, it’s that important... but, then again, perhaps you guys are not even aware of this legislation, I wouldn’t be surprised.

What I will say about the Republicans as a whole in Congress, what I have always said... they are a bunch of spineless poltroons until they prove otherwise. Even with McCain’s possible yay, there are other R’s that could very well punk out. President Trump has shown them the way but some of them don’t have any balls at all.
Signifying nothing”

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

RK, I was just asking a question, not advising or criticizing. As I recall, the S&P 500 bubble closed at a record high in 2007 then proceeded to drop over 50 percent. And I vividly recall all the people whining that they lost 40%, 50%, 60% of their 401k's value. Skin? Almost everyone has skin in the game to some degree. Not a cynic. Chill. A question is not an attack. Best of luck with your stocks.
lovineveryminuteofit

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by lonerider »

Sure am glad we have a self-appointed expert in market trading to guide the rest of us neophytes. And to top it all, he has a minor in legislation and the importance of John McCain's vote.

:clap:

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by lonerider »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:RK, I was just asking a question, not advising or criticizing. As I recall, the S&P 500 bubble closed at a record high in 2007 then proceeded to drop over 50 percent. And I vividly recall all the people whining that they lost 40%, 50%, 60% of their 401k's value. Skin? Almost everyone has skin in the game to some degree. Not a cynic. Chill. A question is not an attack. Best of luck with your stocks.
Your question can be answered by saying your investment strategy should not react to short term ups and downs but rather with an eye towards the long term which historically has been steadily upward.