Post by tabasco »

:sad:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: Jim Nabors DEAD

Post by RoadKing »

Bummer.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Golly...

RIP
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

RIP Gomer.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

RoadKing wrote:Bummer.
I see what you did there... :OhNo;

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

hillsy wrote:
RoadKing wrote:Bummer.
I see what you did there... :OhNo;
Yep. I said bummer because it bums me out. Jim Nabors type people have always made me smile, made me long for something better. Wish I could live eternity in a Gomer and Andy environment. Used to love hearing that boy sing. Been a long time since he entertained, but like I said... bummer... he’s gone away. Death is a fucking bummer. You see what I did there? Good for you.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Another part of my childhood gone. RIP

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

He had an incredible voice. Never considered it "my kind of music" when I was younger, but now that my tastes have broadened to the point that the only things I don't like (I think) are disco and rap, I'll likely get some of Nabors'.

He was like Frank Fontaine (Crazy Guggenheim on Jackie Gleason). Acted like a complete nut, but kind soul, characterwise on t.v., and had incredible talent in the recording studio. That's what I call rounded.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

tabasco wrote:He had an incredible voice. Never considered it "my kind of music" when I was younger, but now that my tastes have broadened to the point that the only things I don't like (I think) are disco and rap, I'll likely get some of Nabors'.

He was like Frank Fontaine (Crazy Guggenheim on Jackie Gleason). Acted like a complete nut, but kind soul, characterwise on t.v., and had incredible talent in the recording studio. That's what I call rounded.
Me and John T, my best friend, were young rockers back in those days, but I cry now remembering the hours so long ago we spent getting drunk on Bud and listening to that wonderful singing voice. Don’t know where John T got that music but I’m glad he did. At first I made fun of what I was hearing, but I changed my mind big time.
Signifying nothing”

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

I just saw in the paper that Nabors is survived by his "husband". Eh .... whatever ....

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

tabasco wrote:I just saw in the paper that Nabors is survived by his "husband". Eh .... whatever ....
Wiki

Nabors married his partner of 38 years, Stan Cadwallader, at Seattle, Washington's Fairmont Olympic Hotel on January 15, 2013, a month after same-sex marriage became legal in Washington.[55][56][57] Although he had been closeted before this, his sexual orientation was not completely secret; for instance, Nabors brought his then-boyfriend Cadwallader along to his Indy 500 performance in 1978.[58]
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

tabasco wrote:I just saw in the paper that Nabors is survived by his "husband". Eh .... whatever ....
Yes, he was gay. I was shocked to hear this, but looking back I can see it now.
Arthritis sucks!