Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: Acquittal

Post by RoadKing »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
SuzyRidr2 wrote:Gross negligence (firing a weapon in public 3 times) should have made the task of making involuntary manslaughter stick a walk in the park for a prosecutor facing an objective and reasonable jury.
I have read and heard that prosecution was weak in that liberal setting. I believe that.
That's possible. It's also possible that the jury was hand picked to acquit Jose regardless of the facts presented.
In other words, not only was the prosecution weak, it was also complicit in the verdict of not guilty. Right? I believe it.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

EVER WATCH " BULL " ON TUES EVENINGS ?

OF COURSE THE JURY WAS HAND PICKED FOR A VERDICT ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

HARRIS wrote:EVER WATCH " BULL " ON TUES EVENINGS ?

Bull on Tuesday evenings. Hmmmm. No, nor any other evenings. You are talking fake bull bleep news, right?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

RoadKing wrote:
HARRIS wrote:EVER WATCH " BULL " ON TUES EVENINGS ?

Bull on Tuesday evenings. Hmmmm. No, nor any other evenings. You are talking fake bull bleep news, right?
No, there is a show called "Bull", where the accused hire this guy to hand pick (rig) the jury for their favor.
Rather good show actually, and it would not surprise me if it mimics real life.
Check it out some time.

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

I thought each side has the opportunity to interview potential jurors and either object or accept their participation in a case. So I would say no one has the advantage except for any particular lawyer having an exceptional skill at jury selection.