Pulled the trigger

Keep it civil
Night Stalker
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2004 Victory Kingpin

Pulled the trigger

Post by Night Stalker »

As of this morning I joined the retirement group. 45 years in the grocery business was enough. 35 five of it was working nights. Now the honey do jobs start. :cheers: :clap:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Re: Pulled the trigger

Post by DevilsFan »

Congrats! Have fun spending long days of doing whatever ya want! :clap:
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

Great News! :rock:

Keep active and enjoy! [emoji106]
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

You will soon find out that retirement is not all it's cracked up to be.
It's MUCH MUCH better. [emoji2] :bow: :cheers:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Excellent, Congratulations!!! :cheers:
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

If you could just keep from getting older it would be great! :lmao: Am 71 now and still love retirement since 2012 just honey do's get more behind than when working? :putput:

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

I've been retired for 19 yrs now and have never been bored for even 1 second. May you be as fortunate! :rock:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Don't think of retirement as a cure all. Health wise you will really be in luck if just a little worse. Friends,if you had a lot before you should keep most.I made lots more with the motorcycle as started to ride with lots more that had retired and like me wanted some bucket list rides. Started with the big one DeadHorse,Alaska. If bored before retirement you may be more so in it. I love it and still ride every day with a good trip every year. Have fun life is closer to the end,don't waste it. Don't end it wishing you had done this or that.DO IT!! :cheers: :putput:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

I’ll speak only for myself, but I think I speak for many. Remember during our school years how excited we were when class let out for Summer vacation? School’s out for Summer! A long time in front of us to sleep in each morn and no strict schedules, no classroom agendas, do whatever we want. Excitement to the max! Retirement is something like that only this time school’s out forever. If you have been provident and are healthy there are a lot of vacation days ahead! Enjoy them! Once in a while spend an idle day in the shade or on the couch... you earned it! :cheers: :bow:
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the club...........after about 6 months you're going to start wondering how you got everything done in order while you were still working...
maybe it's all [emoji106] the breaks we take
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

Fantastic! Congratulations.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

When my dad had been retired a little over a year I ask him how he was enjoying it. He said, "I am so busy now I don't know how I ever had time to work, but it has been the greatest year of my life."

I have been totally retired for just over a year, greatest year of my life.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Digger
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Road Star

Post by Digger »

Congrats and enjoy!!! Been retired for 2 years now and don't know where the time went. Wonder how I ever got anything done around the house when I was working for a living. Now I just set my sights on 1 job a day and when that's done the rest of the day is mine to ride, nap, or whatever I feel like doing.

Have a lot of friends that retired and have bad knees, arthritis, or other ailments that prevent them from doing the things they all thought they would do in retirement. I feel fortunate that I'm in pretty good shape and can still do all the things I want to. Riding, baseball, walking, golf. And of course working around the house for the missus.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

WELL NOW THIS IS THE OLDEST YOU ARE, AND THE YOUNGEST YOU'RE GONNA BE ...ENJOY IT !
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck