Christmas came early for someone

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Christmas came early for someone

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

The lady next door ordered herself a new $1,000 scooter. It's a really nice looking 3 wheel scooter. It is battery powered and the speed-o says it will do 18 mph. It has 4 12 volt batterys, a reverse, stop and head lights, turn signals, mirrors (2) and a horn. I would imagine the turn signals also act as side (caution) lights. Too bad she had to pay for it herself. I've already told her she can't ride it on the hiway to go to the Dollar Store. I know that is why she bought a scooter instead of a new powered wheel chair. She already has a trike (bicycle) that has an electric front wheel on it that will go 40 miles before the battery needs charging. It has hand brakes... no foot brake. Oh and no assembly required, just un crate it and ride it off. After putting the mirrors on that is. [emoji106]

:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Re: Christmas came early for someone

Post by DevilsFan »

Let me be the first to say...I don't like the pipes!!!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

If she could claim farmer status she could ride it on back roads..
Just strap a shovel to it somewhere [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Suzuki Johnny wrote:If she could claim farmer status she could ride it on back roads..
Just strap a shovel to it somewhere [emoji106]
I just don't want her out on the road with it because she has been hit twice by cars while using the power wheelchair. To be honest I'm not sure how she will be able to use it since she only has about 40% use of her hands and it has a twist throttle. The more I think about it I feel like she wasted her $1,000. Actually the website says it cost $1749. I prefer the blue and white one.

The more I think about it the more it makes some sense to me. Since it is a two person scooter and can go 40 miles between charges we could hook the bicycle trailer up to it and I could take her to Dollar General on it (just a 10 mile round trip). After all that is what she bought it for. :lolfall:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

John, best and kindest thing you could do is steal it from her for her own good
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

RK, you're probably right, but I have already told her if I catch her out on the highway with it I will personally call the highway patrol on her and that they will be told to take it from her as she can't be trusted not too ride it on the road again. :bonk:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

In Virginia since it has all the lights and what not, they would treat that as a moped...you would get a local license plate, and you COULD ride on the street....albeit slowly.....not that certain persons SHOULD ride on the street.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

It has a place for a tag under the rear brake light. So yes it could be ridden on the street, albeit slowly. It was supposed to have the flag to show it is a slow vehicle. [emoji106]