Four letter word

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Four letter word

Post by Tbeck »

Yep we're getting SNOW!!! I hate the stuff so I should move. Soon!

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Four letter word

Post by navigator »

Just freezing drizzle....Frizzle.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Thing is, I’m looking out back at the snow collecting on the furry backs of my pups as they play in the dark and it is a beautiful thing! I wouldn’t, even if I could, be any place else right now.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Only 14 days 'til winter.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

We're supposed to see 1-2 foot of lake effect by Wednesday...yuck!

RK, mine was out enjoying it earlier, running, eating, and generally playing in it. Guess he likes it.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:We're supposed to see 1-2 foot of lake effect by Wednesday...yuck!

RK, mine was out enjoying it earlier, running, eating, and generally playing in it. Guess he likes it.
Tyrant said puppies are God’s cure for grief.
I think it was Spyder(?) who said dogs are God’s greatest work.
I know your big ol pup is a beauty to behold.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

I’ve got 2 to 2.5 inches of snow here in San Antonio!
Arthritis sucks!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Forge wrote:I’ve got 2 to 2.5 inches of snow here in San Antonio!
Unreal, right? Yeah, just heard a while ago that snow will fall in New Orleans soon.
Signifying nothing”

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Where's the sympathy for us Floridians??? Look at these blistering temperatures for this weekend!!! I just don't know how we're gonna survive this.

There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

:fubird: ....20 now and 37 high today.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

11 deg at 7am. Gonna warm up to the 40's. Clear sky though. So not bad when out in the sun.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Started about 3 o'clock this afternoon ... still coming down. The big down side to snow for me is having to drive in it and be at work at 7AM the next day. Never know what you'll awake to the next morning, so you have to get up plenty early. [space] [emoji14]

lovineveryminuteofit

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

We had our share of the white stuff early this morning

And our week ahead is a bummer also he he [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Snow on the ground here on the Eastern Shore. Supposed to be between 3-6", but it's also gonna mix with rain, so it's gonna be hella slippery. The salt will go down, so that's it for riding 'til we get a good rain to wash the salt away.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

SEX AND SNOW ARE RELATED ....

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH OR HOW LONG IT'S GOING TO LAST ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Once winter sets in here in Upstate, for several months snow becomes a way of life to varying degrees. Wake up to a foot of snow? Reason to get up; enjoy a big breakfast and coffee; dress warm and go outdoors! Remove snow and romp with the dogs or the kids or the special lady or whatever. I lace my coffee with some Irish and look out the window at that winter wonderland and think to myself I have survived to live through one more season of wonderful snow. Moving snow is necessary, fills me with reason and inspiration and accomplishment even though I have to do it again and again through what becomes to feel like an endless time of ice and bitter cold that maybe this year will last forever and just as the thrill of each new fresh snowfall starts to fade and grow old and turn to muddy ground, wonderful signs begin to appear... more daylight, a very slow but gradual warming, hints of life in the grasses and the trees, and then... Robins! And the first sighting of motorcycles!!!!!!! We have survived another winter. It has made and kept us strong and healthy and ready for the wheel of life to keep turning on our bikes! Snow is good.

In Upstate we have seven months of riding, five months of hard sledding. It just is. It is good.
Signifying nothing”

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

I hear you Road King. [emoji2] [space] Why let the Winter and it's Snow cause yourself so much Angst and Suffering? [space] I mean,...you know it's coming, so Plan For It. [emoji106]

What good is it to be of so a narrow-minded a focus :uhh: ,.....why not expand your interests to coincide with the Weather,... make The Most Of It, like you did :clap: .... instead of wasting so many months of Your Life griping about what you cannot do using four letter words. ;IDunno:

Those who make whiny complaint about it just make themselves,...and others,.... suffer. What good is that? :tongue:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Designer wrote:I hear you Road King. [emoji2] [space] Why let the Winter and it's Snow cause yourself so much Angst and Suffering? [space] I mean,...you know it's coming, so Plan For It. [emoji106]

What good is it to be of so a narrow-minded a focus :uhh: ,.....why not expand your interests to coincide with the Weather,... make The Most Of It, like you did :clap: .... instead of wasting so many months of Your Life griping about what you cannot do using four letter words. ;IDunno:

Those who make whiny complaint about it just make themselves,...and others,.... suffer. What good is that? :tongue:
You know, Designer, the day just now ending has two salient memories. I shoveled and snow blowed. And I watched my pups have a blast romping in the fresh snow. Wouldn’t have it any other way. Overhead door to the barn wide open, that black and chrome machine leaning pretty and ready to fire but that has to wait. If The Good Lord means for me to survive another winter I’m sure He will provide plenty of snow to keep me healthy as well as strong in preperation for the first ride next year! [emoji106] Merry Christmas! :XmasTree:
Signifying nothing”

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Another four letter word, "COLD."
We got the snow and cold now.

RK, my pooch is only getting about 30-45 minute play dates. Too cold on the feet to keep him out longer, don't want burnt feet. He does like to play in the snow.
He goes to the doggy park daily to play with his friends since he's an only dog at our place. He's got about 10 regulars he plays with. Had to get him a glow collar for playing after dark.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:Another four letter word, "COLD."
We got the snow and cold now.

RK, my pooch is only getting about 30-45 minute play dates. Too cold on the feet to keep him out longer, don't want burnt feet. He does like to play in the snow.
He goes to the doggy park daily to play with his friends since he's an only dog at our place. He's got about 10 regulars he plays with. Had to get him a glow collar for playing after dark.
Yep. Blue Moon and Black Jack go out to pee then run right back to the door. Ten degree too cold for them. Glow collar. I’m looking into GPS collars.
Signifying nothing”