The Harley Experience

Keep it civil
Junebug51
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: Street Glide

Re: The Harley Experience

Post by Junebug51 »

I much prefer the SR&R of my Harley over the Goldwing I used to own. Sitting at stop signs, I had to look at the tach to even know if the engine was running. :lmao:
The older I get, the faster I was!

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Entertaining read. It's been a good while since we had a decent Harley bash/envy thread. Nice going Wally. [space] [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:Entertaining read. It's been a good while since we had a decent Harley bash/envy thread. Nice going Wally. [space] [emoji106]
Hey thanks. I've met motorcycle riders I didn't care for but I've never met a bike I didn't like.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
franktiregod wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:
franktiregod wrote:Here is my Harley experience.

Me: This is a nice bike. It fits pretty good.

Dealer: Hey motherf***er! Didnt I tell you get your ass off the bike unless you want to buy?

Oh wait, that was pretty much how I felt at Byron Powersports. :lmao:

If I buy a Harley and I keep the Suzuki I will hate myself and wont know why. I wont wave at me anymore for sure. F**k me that arrogant sumbitch. :lmao:

Evidently you haven't heard about the dreaded "Death Wobble" that is so prevalent on the Harley's
You're too scared to wave at anyone fearing that you will lose control [emoji106] :eek:
Come to think of it I felt a little wobbly just sitting on it. But I will admit it felt right. We will see how it plays out.

Wobbly when you sat on it.....Oh Yea That's was the pre-shake mode...it's on all the newer model Harley's...
it prepares you for the ( drum roll please ) shake rattle and roll you're going to get once you hit that starter button [emoji106] :lmao:
Some women say that SR&R is better than some of their vibrators.... :naughty:
At least that's what some have disclosed to me :notsayin:

So what you are saying is if I had Harley instead of my super smooth Suzuki I might not be divorced?

If so, I am not sure if that makes me want a Harley or makes me glad I dont have one. :lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

wally w wrote:Load your washer in an unbalanced way after it's filled turn it to spin now sit on it and save yourself 20,000 bucks.
Designer wrote:Oh Man! :blink: Now ya dunnit! :uhh: I'd duck if'n I wuz you! :OhNo;
See? [space] You are up to SEVEN pages now!

You da MAN! :rock:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

franktiregod wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:
franktiregod wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:

Dealer: Hey motherf***er! Didnt I tell you get your ass off the bike unless you want to buy?

If I buy a Harley and I keep the Suzuki I will hate myself and wont know why. I wont wave at me anymore for sure. F**k me that arrogant sumbitch. :lmao:

Evidently you haven't heard about the dreaded "Death Wobble" that is so prevalent on the Harley's
You're too scared to wave at anyone fearing that you will lose control [emoji106] :eek:
Come to think of it I felt a little wobbly just sitting on it. But I will admit it felt right. We will see how it plays out.

Wobbly when you sat on it.....Oh Yea That's was the pre-shake mode...it's on all the newer model Harley's...
it prepares you for the ( drum roll please ) shake rattle and roll you're going to get once you hit that starter button [emoji106] :lmao:

So what you are saying is if I had Harley instead of my super smooth Suzuki I might not be divorced?

If so, I am not sure if that makes me want a Harley or makes me glad I dont have one. :lmao:

Yep I'm afraid so........good luck with that next bike purchase :rag: :lolfall: :lolfall:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

SAY WHAT THEY WANT, BUT HD SET THE STAGE FOR A WHOLE INDUSTRY, AND EVERYONE TRIED TO COPY THEM .... THEY ARE THE STANDARD TO MEET
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

franktiregod wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:
franktiregod wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:

Choose your poison ! :evil:
-DBTO

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

HARRIS wrote:SAY WHAT THEY WANT, BUT HD SET THE STAGE FOR A WHOLE INDUSTRY, AND EVERYONE TRIED TO COPY THEM .... THEY ARE THE STANDARD TO MEET
For V-twin cruisers, yes,..........but a "whole industry"?...... :uhh:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
HARRIS wrote:SAY WHAT THEY WANT, BUT HD SET THE STAGE FOR A WHOLE INDUSTRY, AND EVERYONE TRIED TO COPY THEM .... THEY ARE THE STANDARD TO MEET
For V-twin cruisers, yes,..........but a "whole industry"?...... :uhh:

For once, I agree with you :cheers:

wally w
Passed the Circle Test

Post by wally w »

That's a pretty low bar.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

MadCow wrote:
franktiregod wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:
franktiregod wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:

Choose your poison ! :evil:
I am gonna choose the bike and hold the side order of wife please. [emoji2]

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

franktiregod wrote:

Hell yeah! :rock: :rock:

-DBTO

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

MadCow wrote:
franktiregod wrote:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Gangsta!!

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

So that is what FrankTireGod looks like?

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

franktiregod wrote:
MadCow wrote:
franktiregod wrote:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Gangsta!!

:cheers: :cheers:
-DBTO

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

wally w wrote:
That's a pretty low bar.
[emoji476] :fu:
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Elsie rider
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: HD Triglide

Post by Elsie rider »

say what you want ..bt I do miss the idle vibration of the HD ..the softail does not vibrate at idle and the new Milwaukee8 hardly vibrates at idle as well

by the statement unbalance your washer and sit on it ...I guess wally just runs at idle speeds , get out of the way of the speed demon

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Wally like me and RoadKing have a few years on the biggest part of you. We had the old shakers ,solid mount.Never owned a rubber mount or balanced Hog. They can be balanced after market by the right ones and be real smooth. It never bothered me that much but was lots younger. You just did a light grip more than any thing. Did many 600 mile days on the old soild mounts with out trouble to me. Broke a few motor mounts but so did my SR 500 Yamaha's and Triumph friends lost and broke things due to the vibs. Bikes were more prone to it of most brands back then. Honda came out with the fours and the little 350 four was just too smooth! Good old days were fun but bikes to be honest were not near as good as now in all brands . late 60s and through 70s they got lots better. :putput:

wally w
Passed the Circle Test

Post by wally w »

RoadKing wrote:
wally w wrote:
That's a pretty low bar.
[emoji476] :fu:
I tied that fly myself.