The Harley Experience

Keep it civil
Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Re: The Harley Experience

Post by Fred »

I used to ride with a gang , they were mostly metric as you call them. The guy with the Harley insisted he should ride at the front ( this guy bought a Harley jacket before the bike) when some one pulled over he did not know about it, I would shoot up to the front on my 1400 and tell him to stop. This happened on numerous occasions till I pulled up next to him at some lights and saw the whole bike shaking and his mirrors looked like the were going to fall off. I spoke to him later and I said you cant see a fucking thing can you because of vibration, he admitted he could not and could only see a blur of headlamps he did not know if it was cars or bikes.

I laughed and explained I can see if its a Toyota or a fucking Mazda behind me.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Fred wrote:I used to ride with a gang , they were mostly metric as you call them. The guy with the Harley insisted he should ride at the front ( this guy bought a Harley jacket before the bike) when some one pulled over he did not know about it, I would shoot up to the front on my 1400 and tell him to stop. This happened on numerous occasions till I pulled up next to him at some lights and saw the whole bike shaking and his mirrors looked like the were going to fall off. I spoke to him later and I said you cant see a fucking thing can you because of vibration, he admitted he could not and could only see a blur of headlamps he did not know if it was cars or bikes.

I laughed and explained I can see if its a Toyota or a fucking Mazda behind me.
Typical dumbass cast with a typical bullshit metric pole and smelly bait. :lmao:
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Junebug51 wrote:
Tbeck wrote:A smooth Harley? Rubbish!
That's not a bad thing, that's what makes a Harley a Harley.

If you want smooth buy an inline or a beemer, but I have yet to meet any long time HD owner that bought a HD because it was smooth.

I once owned a Heritage Softail which comes with Harley''s counter balanced "B" engine. It was as smooth as a Honda........I HATED it......I'd never own another softail, might as well ride a metric......give me the rubber mounted Harley engine any day. Shakes like crazy at idle, but smooths right out as soon as you get rolling.
Well, let me introduce myself. RK’s the name, have owned seven Hogs, still have four of them, everyone of them smooth as a Miles Davis solo. Yep.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

RoadKing wrote:
Junebug51 wrote:

If you want smooth buy an inline or a beemer, but I have yet to meet any long time HD owner that bought a HD because it was smooth.

I once owned a Heritage Softail which comes with Harley''s counter balanced "B" engine. It was as smooth as a Honda........I HATED it......I'd never own another softail, might as well ride a metric......give me the rubber mounted Harley engine any day. Shakes like crazy at idle, but smooths right out as soon as you get rolling.
Well, let me introduce myself. RK’s the name, have owned seven Hogs, still have four of them, everyone of them smooth as a Miles Davis solo. Yep.
Well maybe you just got a special vibration tolerable ass what we would call dumb ass and probably numb nuts as well.

Maybe you should see a doctor -- and then a psychiatrist.

Heh dreamer --we all know about the vibrating Harleys. You got special ones? tell is again how many you have had and not noticed it. :lmao:

This is a suzuki 1400 forum numb nuts.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Fred wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
Junebug51 wrote:

Well maybe you just got a special vibration tolerable ass what we would call dumb ass and probably numb nuts as well.

Maybe you should see a doctor -- and then a psychiatrist.

Heh dreamer --we all know about the vibrating Harleys. You got special ones? tell is again how many you have had and not noticed it. :lmao:

This is a suzuki 1400 forum numb nuts.
Want to improve the neighborhood? Park your Harley at the end of the day in your driveway. Show some class. Harley still builds Hogs. Now, what was that you were saying about zuki 1400’s? Oh, yeah... big motor in a feather weight frame... great idea... discontinued... forever!

By the way, the purple and blue boards long ago ceased living up to their name except in fond memory. Put the word Harley in a thread topic title, like this one, and watch it grow! Zuki people sure do talk Harley a bunch! [emoji106]
Signifying nothing”

Junebug51
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: Street Glide

Post by Junebug51 »

hillsy wrote:
Prodigal_Sun wrote:
hillsy wrote:I never said it was the manufacturer...although the dealer told the customer to take it up with them and they apparently didn't fix it either...so maybe it IS a bit of both to blame? ;IDunno:
You said it soured you on Suzuki. You probably weren't authorized to directly get reimbursed for warranty work, but the dealer was. They likely pocketed it. Good old fashioned "double-pay"
This happened to Junebug51, not me.

This is an example of a shit dealer like you say. However, if the customer was told to take it up with the manufacturer and the manufacturer doesn't do anything, then the blame falls on the manufacturer to fix it and dump the shit dealer.
That's exactly what happened. Contacted Suzuki, Inc., sent them all the paperwork, and now 11 years later, i'm still waiting to hear from them. :hellfire:
The older I get, the faster I was!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Wow owned a whole 4 Harley's.

I have owned more, so does that give me more credibility?

They vibrate and they shake, that's what Harley do and that's what they're supposed to do. If they weren't there wouldn't be a need for ALL the rubber dampeners.

Smooth Harley :roll: , that's like claiming you got a quality burger at McDonald's

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:Wow owned a whole 4 Harley's.

I have owned more, so does that give me more credibility?

They vibrate and they shake, that's what Harley do and that's what they're supposed to do. If they weren't there wouldn't be a need for ALL the rubber dampeners.

Smooth Harley :roll: , that's like claiming you got a quality burger at McDonald's
Owned and ridden 7 Hogs and still own 4 of them, over a non-stop 50 year stretch, along with 2 HD Sportsters and no, I repeat NO, other brands. Harley is what I know and all I know and from the start they have all run great and smooth. People who claim to have owned HD in the past but talk trash are people who lacked love and mechanical desire to begin with. Don’t blame the dog, blame the trainer.
Signifying nothing”

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Owned six and yes my pan,shovel,and Evo's some what less ,but all did not come near the smooth of lots of metric fours owned. All were non rubber mount and none balanced. In 2000 Harley put the twin cam in the softtail and balanced it.They are really smoth for a Harley and like them more than the shake at idle rubber mount but both good enough for about any under the mat pea sleeper to ride coast to coast.
RK like lots of high mile riders did for years was balance them. Its not a new thing and all ways been $$$ to have done by people that are good at it. :putput:

Junebug51
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: Street Glide

Post by Junebug51 »

I've owned three Sportsters, two Super Glides, a Road King, two Electra Glides, a Heritage Softail, a Low Rider, and my current Street Glide. Loved them all except the Softail......too smooth!! [emoji106]
The older I get, the faster I was!

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Had the first year softtail 1984 FXST and all so was first year Evo. Harley saw fit to make them seem even older the first two years by bringing back the kicker,four speed. and dry clutch the first two years.In 1986 The FLST was added and it and the long softtail got five speed,wet clutch,and kicker taken back off.Still have my 1993 FLST-N or Cow Glide as they are called.Image 1984 in 1990 in Bad Lands.All ways liked the color.Harley did a good job of making this bike look like a chopper and still handle good enough for this 11 day west trip.Look how little camp gear I had at age 44! :putput:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

This is my first new Harley the 1993 with my now 25 year old grandson so guess late 1992 as got it in Aug. of 92.Image Had a new 1995 and 1997 sportster but sold both of them.I liked them as good or better for solo tour than my big bikes. :putput:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

old time rider wrote:Had the first year softtail 1984 FXST and all so was first year Evo. Harley saw fit to make them seem even older the first two years by bringing back the kicker,four speed. and dry clutch the first two years.In 1986 The FLST was added and it and the long softtail got five speed,wet clutch,and kicker taken back off.Still have my 1993 FLST-N or Cow Glide as they are called.Image 1984 in 1990 in Bad Lands.All ways liked the color.Harley did a good job of making this bike look like a chopper and still handle good enough for this 11 day west trip.Look how little camp gear I had at age 44! :putput:
I truly love that pic. Almost like looking at myself and ride in those days. Within seconds of seeing that pic I am calling you the real deal. Gotta admit, tho, the nostalgia hurts a bit. It was wonderful being young, something only an old bastard can say I guess. Great pic!

WHOA! 1990 in The Badlands! Were you there for the Black Hills 50th? If so, we may have crossed paths!
Signifying nothing”

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Yes it was the 50th and Easy Rider made a big deal 20th for the mag..A tool and die maker we worked by on the machine floor was born up north and set up a big yard that two of his high school friends had rented. A small old dump of a house but big yard. Three of us from work that rode in most every night stayed in the yard. Rode every day to the so many place close to Sturgis and to Sturgis at least once a day.They would not take a penny but we made sure the fridge in the old place was full of beer while we were made camp.We did use the bath and kitchen. One was a black jack dealer in Dead Wood and other ran a food store.
This was in Spear Fish so throw in Lead and all are about the same place that week. Was a inter section with in a house of us and two motels and a bar another two blocks down. H A's had rented one of the motels and had it all to them selves. We talked to them lots of times but never us first. No trouble's at all but you can find trouble so easy at these big meets if you show no respect. Fun time when we were young.Well I was the old man at 44 but still drank some then. :putput:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Man, we could talk endless about the 50th. Was a very special magical time in The Hills, OTR. Would be cool to meet you someday.
Signifying nothing”

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

wally w wrote:Load your washer in an unbalanced way after it's filled turn it to spin now sit on it and save yourself 20,000 bucks.

My 107 doesn't do that...much.

:lmao:
-DBTO

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Sob sob old friends meeting up and talking bicycles camping whaaa im filling up so emotional sob sob.

:lmao: :lmao:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Old friends ,old pics, good times. Made a lot of friends in my life and 90% or more on motorcycles.Lots I did help in hard times and lots have been great in my hard times. I really miss Kid Moe and his old pics. Felt like I had to be in some of them at field meets! [emoji2] If you can not laugh and enjoy life it ain't that great. Lot of bitter old people that never tried to be a friend and got none . :putput:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

old time rider wrote:Old friends ,old pics, good times. Made a lot of friends in my life and 90% or more on motorcycles.Lots I did help in hard times and lots have been great in my hard times. I really miss Kid Moe and his old pics. Felt like I had to be in some of them at field meets! [emoji2] If you can not laugh and enjoy life it ain't that great. Lot of bitter old people that never tried to be a friend and got none . :putput:
[emoji106]
Signifying nothing”

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

old time rider wrote:Old friends ,old pics, good times. Made a lot of friends in my life and 90% or more on motorcycles.Lots I did help in hard times and lots have been great in my hard times. I really miss Kid Moe and his old pics. Felt like I had to be in some of them at field meets! [emoji2] If you can not laugh and enjoy life it ain't that great. Lot of bitter old people that never tried to be a friend and got none . :putput:
True Dat!!
poor fred.