I had forgotten this

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

I had forgotten this

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Don Felder was probably my favorite Eagle. His solo stuff like this makes it easy to pick out his influence on the band, as well as their's on his stuff. I wish there were still music like this. It's typical of him, kinda dark but melodic, heavy yet pleasant and refined, beautiful vocal harmonies, everything you want, nothing you don't. So glad to have run across it again.

No Plutonian Nyborg comments. You aren't funny. [emoji2]

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: I had forgotten this

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I've never been to Sweden.....
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

His music shared a lot of the sounds popular in the early 70's. Everybody kind of picked up on Richie Blackmore's sound and incorporated it in their own . It all has it's basis in blue's

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Tbeck wrote:His music shared a lot of the sounds popular in the early 70's. Everybody kind of picked up on Richie Blackmore's sound and incorporated it in their own . It all has it's basis in blue's
Have you ever seen the Deep Purple "family tree"? It's pretty cool.

http://www.deep-purple.net/tree/tree-menu.htm

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Jeffco, look up "Rainbow" if you like Richie... The connections of music in that era are huge; Cream, Derek and the dominos, deep purple, BB King, etc... All the musicians of that era influenced each other's music and it's particularly true for guitar guys.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Tbeck wrote:Jeffco, look up "Rainbow" if you like Richie... The connections of music in that era are huge; Cream, Derek and the dominos, deep purple, BB King, etc... All the musicians of that era influenced each other's music and it's particularly true for guitar guys.
I've been a big Rainbow fan since high school days. My favorite stuff was from the years with Graham Bonnet as singer. Man what a voice!

Wrong look for the type of music though. I watched a very funny interview with Richie Blackmore where he talked about Graham...saying they were trying to sell the long haired hippie look at the time, and here's Graham with his sensible haircut, aviator shades, and neatly pressed shirts...just didn't work, visually.

Then there's the story he told about trying to keep him prisoner essentially, to prevent him from going out and getting his hair cut while on tour. He sneaked out through the hotel bathroom window and went and did it anyway :lolfall: