OK I am 70 my bones know it.

Keep it civil
n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

OK I am 70 my bones know it.

Post by n-trude »

I posted it on my cabin post but decided to make a NEW Post.

I am not compIaining reaIIy. But!!

My 70 year oId body is faiIing me. I just have troubIe cIimbing Iadders, carring stuff.
I just have to confess to you guys things I try to ignore myseIf.
I couId not pick up a couch and waIk it into the house.

A good friend that Ioved to fish, confessed to me how ( Iife ) has an eviI trick on oIder men.
He had the money, time, and Ioved to fish, he said Mike, I am 73 and I can not Iaunch my boat by myseIf.
His back was bad, he went to Texas every winter to fish, he Iived in Mo. NOW he just couId not go.

He wouId say to me for the Iast 10 years don't WAIT, if you can go, do it now!!!!!

I rode that 5000 miIes to Canada Iast year and it was great. Then soId my trike to fund the Cabin BuiId.

Some here might taIk going on, the big trip. Some Go Some wish. Printer Mike never rode out of Ga. He wanted to.
His wife broke her hip. He became the care giver. Then he had pain in his Jaw. He ignored it and never went to a Dr. for a
year I Think. Jaw Cancer, I kept in touch. Then rode to Ga. to see him. He put me off a few times I offered to come.
He aImost canceIed the Iast time, but his wife got him to say OK. maybe he did not want me to see him in pain.
I rode to HeIen Ga. then rode to his cabin, south of AIanta. Very nice Cabin on a Iake. He had a bi PIane RC PIane, with
4 ft wing span, hanging, form the ceiIing in the great room. He toId me of fIying it, taking off and Ianding on the Iake.
You couId teII he was proud of buiIding and fIying it. He was a man of many taIents, he was a good guy to hang out with.

We had a good visit he was in pain, he taIked more as time went on. His wife thanked me for coming I rode my Trike
Back to HeIen Ga. up north. He passed a few months Iater....I miss him.

I rode by to see Chief, in Texas, at his home, on my way to DS&T, couId not taIk him into going with me.
Rode to see WaIIy, then he moved to south of St. Iouis, and stop to see him few times traveIing on the trike.
I have met over 100 past and present IA members, something I enjoyed doing as I traveIed.

MY Point!!! If you have some years to retire, think how retirement wiII be, wiII it go as you hope?
I hope you get to do your hopes and dreams, My riding may be over, hope not, but Maybe.
But this cabin wiII make me have a base to stay, fish, and maybe stiII go camping, with the MotoCampers, I have
met and found friendship, I want to continue. NTRUDE

:soapbox: ;IDunno: :hahafinger: :Umm: :hat:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: OK I am 70 my bones know it.

Post by RoadKing »

Yeah, know what you mean. Started experiencing arthritis in my early 30’s, well over a half life time ago and it slowly gets worse but I don’t never think of it as my body is failing. Failing is a medical word for dying. Keep working on that building and you’ll be fine! [emoji106]

Have met some IAers, not many and am hardly an original having been aboard only nine years. Read your post and I have a question. Would you accept me as a guest at your cabin? Spent my life in the building trades, perhaps during a brief visit we could learn from one another.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

" LIFE IS WHAT YOU DO WHILE WAITING TO DIE "

AND ONCE YOU CLIMB TO THE TOP OF A HILL, IT'S ALL DOWN AFTER THAT ...

MY BODY, TOO HAS TAUGHT ME THAT ! BUT
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

" LIFE IS WHAT YOU DO WHILE WAITING TO DIE "

AND ONCE YOU CLIMB TO THE TOP OF A HILL, IT'S ALL DOWN AFTER THAT ...

MY BODY, TOO HAS TAUGHT ME THAT ! BUT
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

Try Guiness Draught. It makes everything feel better. Seriously, i hope you snap back soon.

I have to work til 64.5 to get a small pension. I'm 63.5. I hate when people say, "don't worry, it'll go fast!" I know it will go fast. It could be one of the last few years I have left, and I'm spending it commuting to the city every day. I'm hoping that when I finally get out, I'll have some good riding, camping, hiking, etc. years ... but who knows ....

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

Never give up. I stopped riding but I did not quit riding I've told the wife I'm looking for another bike.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

wally w wrote:Never give up. I stopped riding but I did not quit riding I've told the wife I'm looking for another bike.
That's the spirit! :cheers:

Good for you. [emoji106]

I hope to hear of your Next Bike soon. [emoji2]

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

My plan was always to die doing something incredibly awesome/stupid with a car before I was 30, so I didn't worry much about the future.

Now I have some regrets for not buying the extended warranty... :donno: [emoji2]

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Go Wally! Will be 72 in June and not near as good as at 69 when last long day of 900+ back from Colorado. Still ride most every day.This AM two of the 11 at old guys meeting rode in.The other was 70.At 34 degrees not bad for 30 miles round.Still work a little but every thing in a lower gear. Keep on keeping on the main thing if you still enjoy it and half way able!

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

I have rode many miles on several bikes, 2 1/2 trips to the west coast by myself and enjoyed every minute.
Now that I am retired and attached again I plan to not let the moss grow under my feet. :putput:
We are planning on several trips, one round-about thru Indianapolis to visit my sister in-law, then on up thru NY/Niagara Falls and down the Eastern Coast.
Might make it to Key West too.
Then we hope to starting spending winter somewhere warm. [emoji2]
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

PCC wrote:I have rode many miles on several bikes, 2 1/2 trips to the west coast by myself and enjoyed every minute.
Now that I am retired and attached again I plan to not let the moss grow under my feet. :putput:
We are planning on several trips, one round-about thru Indianapolis to visit my sister in-law, then on up thru NY/Niagara Falls and down the Eastern Coast.
Might make it to Key West too.
Then we hope to starting spending winter somewhere warm. [emoji2]
You definitely gots a plan! [emoji106]
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Post by n-trude »

Sure RoadKing if you are in Mo. Iook me up.

I hope to have it done by May. I have two brothers, son, grandson. To heIp me.

I was in a bad mood over not feeing Iike I can do more by my seIf.
I Iike doing it my way and, now feeI I have to wait for heIp doing things.

I wiII have a debt free pIace to Iive out my years if it comes to that some day.
I couId Iive high on the hog with no rent, and aII the fish I can catch to eat.

:lmao: :clap: :bow:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

n-trude wrote:Sure RoadKing if you are in Mo. Iook me up.

I hope to have it done by May. I have two brothers, son, grandson. To heIp me.

I was in a bad mood over not feeing Iike I can do more by my seIf.
I Iike doing it my way and, now feeI I have to wait for heIp doing things.

I wiII have a debt free pIace to Iive out my years if it comes to that some day.
I couId Iive high on the hog with no rent, and aII the fish I can catch to eat.

:lmao: :clap: :bow:
I’m thinking you are a very smart man. I remember the pics of your other cabin. Cool beyond words.
Signifying nothing”