Soft tail?

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Soft tail?

Post by Tbeck »

I came across an ad for a new HD softtail, removable fairing and hard saddlebags, and 107 motor. The motor company is advertising it as a performance driven bike. Interesting new approach.
Honda is doing the same thing with the new Goldwing.....

Guess everyone is trying to appeal to a younger audience

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: Soft tail?

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:I came across an ad for a new HD softtail, removable fairing and hard saddlebags, and 107 motor. The motor company is advertising it as a performance driven bike. Interesting new approach.
Nothing new about it. Harley has been advertising performance driven lines for decades and I think it is a losing cause. They should go back to the old days of ElectraGlide. Sell standard swing arm and soft tail Hogs at lower prices then allow the customer to make custom or performance changes of their own using Harley parts.

Guess everyone is trying to appeal to a younger audience
If so, again a losing cause. Youngsters too busy in their pretend world of joy sticks and dildos.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Soft tail?

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I agree with RK.....local dealer has but one on their showroom floor....it's not a big ticket item...The Dyna models are moving much faster than the bigger touring and softail models....mainly because of the pricing I would assume...
Sales are up in the more established middle age group.....surprisingly mostly couples...
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"