It's Songkran again

Keep it civil
Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

It's Songkran again

Post by Lechy »

4 of the most dangerous days of the year in Thailand. Not much riding for me until it's all over.

[youtube][/youtube]

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: It's Songkran again

Post by jeffcoslacker »

I was just reading last night...like 40 some-odd killed already, and it hadn't started in earnest yet?

I want to go so bad. It always looks like the elephants enjoy it more than the people... [emoji106]

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

40 people DIED?...at what is considered an "fun" event? :blink:

Sounds like mass murder to me! ;IDunno:

If indeed 40 have been killed, that would be more people dead with Water here than were killed in Australia with a Gun in 1996!

They should Ban the Public Carry of Water! It's DEADLY!! Confiscate it!!,...and everyone will live happily ever after, just like Australians do after they confiscated guns.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Designer wrote:40 people DIED?...at what is considered an "fun" event? :blink:

Sounds like mass murder to me! ;IDunno:

If indeed 40 have been killed, that would be more people dead with Water here than were killed in Australia with a Gun in 1996!

They should Ban the Public Carry of Water! It's DEADLY!! Confiscate it!!,...and everyone will live happily ever after, just like Australians do after they confiscated guns.
They apparently have a lotta DWI crashes during it.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

Designer wrote:They should Ban the Public Carry of Water! It's DEADLY!! Confiscate it!!
All water or the cool bad ass looking military grade assault water?

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

FallenAngel wrote:
Designer wrote:They should Ban the Public Carry of Water! It's DEADLY!! Confiscate it!!
All water or the cool bad ass looking military grade assault water?
I did see that many places are prohibiting "high pressure" water guns. Because someone could put an eye out, you know.

Seriously though I'm sure some people get carried away and ruin it for everybody...make water guns with 12v pumps and an accumulator and backpack water reservoirs....come to think of it, that's something I'd do... :uhh:

Never mind... :notsayin:

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Ya Its all fun and games until someone looses an eye Then its Outlaw water weapons of mass soakation

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

I love satire in the evening.

It's a crazy 4 days and yes, alcohol has more to do with the deaths than any other consideration. I think that up to now there have been over 2000 charges of DWI.
The government has tried and tried to ban the sale and consumption of alcohol on certain days with absolute and total failure.
I will still have to ride down to the 7-11 for basics so I will get soaked and covered in white mentholated mud but I ain't going much further than that.

:cheers: :cheers:

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Ya Im just messing around
It does sound like fun
I myself wouldn't go to 7-11 un-armed or at least a couple of body guards to watch my back

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Lechy wrote:I love satire in the evening.

It's a crazy 4 days and yes, alcohol has more to do with the deaths than any other consideration. I think that up to now there have been over 2000 charges of DWI.
The government has tried and tried to ban the sale and consumption of alcohol on certain days with absolute and total failure.
I will still have to ride down to the 7-11 for basics so I will get soaked and covered in white mentholated mud but I ain't going much further than that.

:cheers: :cheers:

[emoji41]
The people would just stockpile the alcohol ahead of time. People are not stupid.

The first time I went to South Carolina was to a race at Darlington. Sunday at the race I saw people with beer and tried to buy one. Guess what? I ask a guy that was drinking beer and he said that there is no alcohol sales from midnight Saturday to 6 am Monday.

HOWEVER, the race track, in all of its infinite wisdom, allowed people to bring in coolers with beer. The guys there offered to let me help them drink their beer, and they wouldn't even let me pay them for the beer. Every time I went down there after that I always bought beer the night before and brought my own cooler.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

A guy that worked for me in the military and is a good personal friend is living in Thailand with his Thai wife and family. He had a home built there about 20 year's ago. I have wired him money in Bangkok on several occasions so he could get out of the country and trouble, Lol.
Maybe I should be expecting a call? Lol