Sat. was not a good day for the handicapped

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Sat. was not a good day for the handicapped

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

lady next door. She has bought an old fixer upper mobile home and it is sitting in the back almost where she had her 5th wheel parked. It still needs to be moved some to be where she wants it set. Her son came down a couple of weekends ago with his 4x4 3/4 ton pickup and go it about 10 ft from where it needs to be before he got stuck in the sand. Since it has been raining a lot the sand is real easy to sink into and get stuck. So it looks like it will be summer time after the rainy season before it gets put where it needs to be. The other thing is that it is really uneven the way it is setting. So Alan, her son, told her not to be getting into the trailer as it is unsafe to do so.

Anyway, Sat. afternoon I let my little dog outside so she could do her thing outside instead on the carpet. I was watching her to make sure she didn't ran off into the trees. She ran behind the ramp the church had made Linda when she fell out of the 5th wheel. Spanky, my dog, started barking so I went to see what she was barking at and there laid the handicapped lady on the ground right outside the mobile home door. :bang: She wasn't making any noise and didn't appear to be hurt except for a few scratches she got from the broken cement that had once been on the legs of the ramp. The make shift steps they have put up at the door is/was an accident waiting to happen and it did. She had fell while stepping out of the door to the mobile home and was just laying there waiting for someone to help her get up. I have no idea how long she laid there waiting. Since she is pretty heavy and can't use her legs to help get her back on her feet I can't help her in any way. So all I could do was stand by and watch her for about 10 minutes.

After getting her back on her feet and all the stuff she wanted out of the trailer we got her back into the small travel trailer she is staying in. At least she was smiling and laughing about it by now. I've known her about 3 yrs and this is the fourth time she has fell that I know of. Once she even had to stay a night in the hospital because of an accident of falling over while riding her trike. It really banged up her leg and they kept her overnight to make sure it wasn't worst than they thought. You can bet I had to tell her Alan told you not to go into that mobile home with it tilted the way it was. Actually I think it was the cement blocks they used as steps and placed on a plastic tub turned upside down and is wobbly to start with. Hell, I have trouble using them. :bonk:

While I have you here I need to add that she sold her powered wheel chair, the good one that worked, and the old one the kid stole the batteries out of. I'm thinking she has plans on using the scooter she bought last year once the weather gets better. This scooter has hand grips and a throttle like a motorcycle. I honestly doubt if she can ride it safely since she doesn't have full use of her hands and even fell off the trike or turned it over which ever it was. :uhh: [space] :OhNo;
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Re: Sat. was not a good day for the handicapped

Post by KAJUN »

Things are hopping at Peyton Place
So the lady made due herself and got up on her own? Curious minds want to know [emoji106]
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

If it wasn't safe to be in there and they know she's got defiance issues they shouldn't have left any steps to get in it. Hope she's OK.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

jeffcoslacker wrote:If it wasn't safe to be in there and they know she's got defiance issues they shouldn't have left any steps to get in it. Hope she's OK.
They didn't leave any steps. Someone, no it wasn't me, used concrete blocks as steps and they were wobbly to start with and then you add in the wind and the fact that she is handicapped. :eek: You remember the little fish from finding Elmo? Well that is her as she thinks she can do things a normal person can't do much less a handicapped person.

I guess here would be a good place to say that she didn't fall out of the trailer like I thought. According to her the wind caught the door as she went to open it and it knocked her to the ground. That would explain why she didn't have any more scratches than she did. :bonk: So yes she is okay except for a few scratches. :clap:

I'm not sure what we are going to do about her and her scooter once the weather gets warmer since she got rid of her power chair. She was ran over twice in her wheel chair by cars. :eek: She has it in her mind that she can ride this scooter even though she doesn't have full use of her hands. :bang: If the wind isn't blowing the next day or two I'll get her out and make her show me she can ride the scooter. Alan, her son, is suppose to be here either this weekend or the next which every is dry. He might be able to talk her into not riding it. I have my doubts as telling her not to go into the trailer hasn't done any good. :bang:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree: