Hey computer gurus ...

Keep it civil
SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Hey computer gurus ...

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

When I watch a video on line, I'm getting sound but no picture. The screen remains black, but if I hover my mouse pointer over the progress bar I get that little video preview window. Any ideas? Googled it, but all I'm seeing is suggestions from Microsoft to run "troubleshoot" in Windows. Great help that was. I'm running Windows 10.
lovineveryminuteofit

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Re: Hey computer gurus ...

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Okay, I found out what's preventing me from watching videos, but I don't know what it is. I found an extension in Chrome called Developer Mode. I moved the slider (to turn it off, I suppose) and suddenly I have video. I think this is associated with PCMatic. [space] :confused:
lovineveryminuteofit

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

A while back I had a problem running videos of any kind. Finally figured out that the last windows 10 update had dropped the flash player. Reinstalled it and everything worked good.

I hate the windows 10 updates. Every damn one of them has caused me problems.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

Herb wrote:A while back I had a problem running videos of any kind. Finally figured out that the last windows 10 update had dropped the flash player. Reinstalled it and everything worked good.

Same here Herb...it's got to where I cringe when I see an update
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

KAJUN wrote:
Herb wrote:A while back I had a problem running videos of any kind. Finally figured out that the last windows 10 update had dropped the flash player. Reinstalled it and everything worked good.

Same here Herb...it's got to where I cringe when I see an update
I turned off the computer last night and it said it was doing an update. Went to use the printer about half an hour ago and the printer didn't work. The computer had dropped it from the default printer. All I had to do was reselect it as the default BUT the one the "update" had chosen isn't even one I have EVER owned.

microsoft and it's screw-ups... Must be a government agency.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Turn off automatic updates in the control panel. I dumped Windows for Linux a few years ago, it's a bit nerdy but it does everything I need.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Lechy wrote: I dumped Windows for Linux a few years ago, it's a bit nerdy but it does everything I need.

[emoji41]

^^^ This
-DBTO

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

Yes Linux....or Mac Os (it's really BSD Unix) or ChromeOS (it's really LInux)

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Herb wrote: I turned off the computer last night and it said it was doing an update. Went to use the printer about half an hour ago and the printer didn't work. The computer had dropped it from the default printer. All I had to do was reselect it as the default BUT the one the "update" had chosen isn't even one I have EVER owned.

microsoft and it's screw-ups... Must be a government agency.
Maybe you got someone elses update. [emoji56]

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

You don't need flash to watch Youtube...they use HTML5 exclusively now. And Flash is so broken that if you you should not be trying to watch anything that does need it.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

You all are so far ahead of me! My pics had started not going through so my smart kid was by last night and showed how easy as something had been changed? Went through and posted one on a car site. Checked and it was on it. Today it and the line both no where? Have to get her again and write every thing down step by step or this old hill billy ain't going to do it! :putput: