OMG 2015

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: OMG 2015

Post by MadCow »

I'm not "die hard" with being a rider...I ride when the mood strikes me...and when I'm hauling my family, I'll haul/pull my bike as well. I don't care either way...some of my best vacations EVER found me pulling my bike somewhere and spending time in the cab with my family for the long drive to get there...and once there, my family gets to have fun and I get to ride...and even put them on the back and they get to have fun riding too...everyone wins.
-DBTO

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

old time rider wrote:Sure all have reasons to haul or not,or pull or not.I will go to a closer meet or trip before I think about hauling.Over half the time the ride to,like Sturgis SD is as good or sometimes far better than the big meet going to.Datona is trailer Queen city IMO but more every year.Same ones that ride at all the blocked off red lights etc things and feel so VIP about it.Do what makes ya happy :cheers: .Like my good friend on a ratted out 79 XLH said in 1990 on our three bike all camp gear on bikes and no chase.He had gave the old ironhead with 60,000 on it a top end the day before we pulled out.On the four lane to Sturgis we were a little over the posted when a new crew cab with windows rolled up and four Harleys that looked like new in tow passed us.From inside the cab they were waving big at us and giving thumbs up.He flipped them off [emoji2] .At next stop he still was hot as it was hot [emoji2] ."They think they are like us ,"he said."Just a bunch of posers"! :lmao:

Rode to Daytona for Bike Week, actually Ormond Beach to be exact more than once on 883 Sporty's and as anyone who knows or has been there the month of March ain't no good time to be out for a long distance trip from Louisiana to Florida on old Hiway 90....It's all Interstate now except from Ocala to Daytona on 40....In the old days it would take us 22 hours to travel the 825 miles to get there, with 3.2 gallon tanks it was a bitch to find gas stops that were still open where we needed them to be [emoji106] .
We slept a few nights under the canopy of a gas station waiting for it to open up at 5 am..and sometimes later... [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

:lolfall:

This same argument can be heard in the street rod community. Trailer your rod or drive it to the rod run.

[emoji99]

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I was trying my best to make OMG this year but the group that I ride with on long trips have decided to leave for Big Bend National Park (873 miles) in early June.
....So far 6 riders have committed to the planned ride . All who are going are all seasoned riders who have no trouble keeping up with our faster pace... In 2010 we traveled from Bandera, Texas to Alpine,Texas , all on back roads ( hiway 90 mostly) a distance of 358 miles in little less than 7 hours...not bad for the fuel stops, and lunch in Del Rio, Texas..That stretch from Del Rio to Alpine is wide ass open territory where you can really let 'er out... and we did.. [emoji106]

The two rides are too close together for me to make both...Maybe 2016 as I am sure OMG will continue as planned...
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

I like to ride my bike in interesting places. I like to enjoy those rides. I don't find riding the Interstates to get to interesting places to be fun or even remotely interesting. So, I trailer. With my trailer, I can bring two different bikes. When I trailer, I don't get to my destination beat up and ready for an all day nap, thus missing the purpose of the trip. If I trailer, I'll have my van, which I can sleep in if need be. I don't get wet or cold when I trailer, I'm gettin' too old for that shit.

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

Another OMG Preview... 2015

:rock:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

PCC wrote:Another OMG Preview... 2015

:rock:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:bow: :bow:
-DBTO

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

So this is an IA thing that's now also translated to an IsA thing as well? Or is there other boards or what exactly?
From what I gather, PCC you are the sponsor/director of all this?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I would be the exception if I was headed to OMG this year...I am no longer a participating member of IA... I am still listed on the member rolls but I'm through with their cliques crap.
If I ever post there again it will be defending my honor...I still have some good friends that are active on that board...I have nothing against them..it's the holier than thou hierarchy that I can't stand...

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

I still occasionally stop by there to see if there is anything interesting and on the rare occasion I will post something if I'm so inclined. Seems a lot of the back biting and baiting has trailed off (maybe the result of more ride therapy :donno: ) but yeah, I'm not near as enthused as I once was. :sad:

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by PCC »

98VS1400 wrote:
YoDude wrote:So this is an IA thing that's now also translated to an IsA thing as well? Or is there other boards or what exactly?
From what I gather, PCC you are the sponsor/director of all this?

Yo-
I don't reckon PCC sees it as an IA-IsA thing at all. Just friends with bikes getting together. However, I don't know of any attendee of OMG that is solely a IsA member.
Yes... Everyone is welcome at OMG. :cheers:

It is in the middle of the country so... Get there anyway you like... and just sit a spell for a visit. It is nice to meet people in person. [emoji106]
Of My Meanderings...

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:I'm going to try and make it this year, but I have said that other years and never made it out of the yard. With the bike back I'll have to see if there is anything wrong with it before I say for sure I am going. And then there is the smaller trailer I want to build to take up there and sleep in. I probably have too many irons in the fire right now to say I will be there. :bang:
John, looking at the map and drawing some quick numbers, it looks to be only about something less than 300 miles from you. Starting from Henryetta to reach the Hub looks like about 290 miles. You're pretty close to Henryetta aren't you, isn't that where your handicapped friend lives? Hell, you could make that in a day with three fuel stops along the way. Hell, so far as I can tell, you're probably the closest one to it.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Sadly though, I won't be making it. It's just too far for me. I've done the TX trip to Corpus Christi once when I was much younger and in shape for such a ride. It was a hell ride at the time. I don't expect this ride to be such a hell ride, but it's too much time off work that I just can't afford these days. For me we're talkin' 3k miles or more round trip. That would take me three days of HARD driving in a cage, four days more likely just to get there. Another four days to get back and to truly enjoy the time there, another four days to spend while there. I don't have 12 days to just take off of work to make this run and I'd likely rather have 5 days travel time to get there and back so I'm not completely dead going either way. I just can't make this work. That's my excuse.

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

98VS1400 wrote: Yeah, John! What's the big excuse now? I will even give ya $25 for fuel. If Steve is right, that would darn near cover all the travel expense.
I appreciate the offer of help and I'm still trying to work this into my plans. It isn't the distance or the time that prevents me from making this trip. It is the cost of the trip. This cost is the whole reason for wanting a sleeper type trailer and why I brought the tear drop. But the tear drop is just too big (heavy) for the 800 to pull. It will come in handy pulled behind the van. [emoji106]

$10 a night for a tent spot as opposed to $40 to $65 a night for a room when on a long trip ends up being a lot of money. I can use that saved money for fuel to extend my trips and having a trailer to sleep in makes the trip longer as well. The other thing is having OMG so close to my planned or hoped for trip to Duluth is stretching my trip funds. This Duluth trip has be put off too many times so I am going to make it this year even if it is the last bike trip :putput: I make and start traveling in my motor home. :lolfall:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

2 more weeks!!
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

98VS1400 wrote:Yeah, John! What's the big excuse now? I will even give ya $25 for fuel. If Steve is right, that would darn near cover all the travel expense.
I'll chip in another $25
-DBTO

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by PCC »

John get on your bike... load some clothes and a few things you will need for a four day trip. Sleeping can be arranged so don't have to worry about a camper. I will bring my lil hotshot, Mike may be bringing his camper and I HAVE A TENT PLUS BLOW UP MATTRESS. Some may have rooms that would have room. It can be worked out. If it rains Deb had told people in the past that they will open up room over in the huge convention area.
Of My Meanderings...

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

I have a two man tent I can bring...it's portable...
-DBTO

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Hell John, I'll even dump another $25 in the pot so you can have some good eats for a day, or if you're thrifty, maybe even a couple days. Howz that soundin?

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I don't believe he would skate. He'd either use the money as intended or pay it back with interest, that is, if it's considered a loan. Now if it's just free money, that might be different, but then again, we're only talking $25. If he skated on that well, I just don't believe he would. After all, the man has a reputation to live by and all.

I could paypal you the money and then you could hand it to him. But, if you don't show up, how's he gonna get the bucks?

Anyway, John, looks like you'll be well taken care of and all you seem to need to do is.....show up..... [emoji106]

Yo-