Will be posting pics when I return

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Will be posting pics when I return

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

GONNA BE GONE for a few days headed to a HOG rally in Shreveport Louisiana some 200 miles due north of my home.
Going to be headed right into a cold front with some serious rain and possibly some hail but Damn the Torpedoes..Full Steam Ahead!LOL

We had some really excellent weather for the last 4 or 5 HOG rallies but this will be the first in a long time where we will be faced with some serious
thunderstorms and such.. Six of us hearty souls ( the soul of our club really ) are going to the rally and staying for two nights, Thursday and Friday.
And heading back on Saturday around noontime.
Looking forward to an all Trike ride Friday to Jefferson City Texas and back, the first time a ride has been designated as a true all Trike ride.
Should be interesting to see that many trikes (50) in one group scattered over two miles of of highway. :cheers:

Until Saturday afternoon when I will return to the Board

Keep 'em tween the ditches
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Re: Will be posting pics when I return

Post by hillsy v2 »

Enjoy the ride SJ :putput:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Am anticipating your return with more of your Mightyfine photos characteristic of your Rides.

They are always a treat to view.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Well the rally went as expected..

Thursday: We left out at 8:15am, partly cloudy with temps 65 degrees, the ride there was smooth and uneventful really.
In Florien we noticed some 50's auto's in front of what looked like a automotive / RV repair shop and made a note that on our return trip back home we would stop and check it out. Two stops along the way first was at 73 miles and the last at 145 miles where we fueled up.
Arrived at 3 State Harley dealership around 1pm and signed the no fault document and the picked up our registration package,
( We had all pre registered on line). Door prize tickets and T shirt with the usual literature focusing on Bossier City and surrounding areas what they had to offer us sightseers. The folks at the dealership we all friendly as heck and while I was conversing with folks from an Indiana Chapter one of the salesgirls walked by giving away free 3 State T shirts. I talked with one of the organizing committee and was informed there were over 400 pre-registered for the rally. Vendors were setting up their respective tents and there were many.

Thursday night: The bottom fell out with a spectacular lightening show around 2:30am which awakened me and my roommate. Cold front was moving in as the strong winds shifted from due south to magnetic north.

Friday: No rain but temps had dropped to 49 degrees with very little wind..had breakfast and rode to the rally site with threatening skies.
According to a couple of organizers the expected 50 bikes for the Trike ride didn't materialize as expected but with the 90% chance of thunder showers there was little doubt there would be many showing up. Left out at 9:30 am with 17 Trikes with a guided tour of the countryside headed to Jefferson Texas. And as expected we traveled less than 5 miles and Mother Nature opened up again with a steady rain and made an unscheduled stop for the naysayers to suit up.
Lunch in Jefferson Texas where the skies were starting to clear with the approaching cold front

Some misguided souls removed their rain suits Bad Move.. the closer we got to Louisiana we were chasing the ass end of the cold front more rain developed and by the time we crossed the state line it was again coming down .. and pity the poor souls that were riding to close to ones they were following, Being this was east Texas, and the ground is red clay and all the driveways that were sloped unto the roadway..plentiful red mud decorated the driveway entry's.. follow to close and you'd get that red crap all over your windshield :bonk: :bonk:

Saturday: After visiting the Harley dealership again we departed for home at 10am..We did stop to look the cars and trucks in Florien and it was a pleasant stop.. Old codger had 21 1940's and 1950's autos and trucks in his various garages.
Stopped along the way and had lunch at Fat Boys and Skinny's in Leesville, La and one fuel stop in Many,La.

All in all we traveled 585 miles in the three days on the road and I averaged 40.3 mpg for the entire trip.
Ain't half bad for a loaded 1K pound bike. :ShitGrinandThumb:
Average price of fuel was $3.70 a gallon and The bike used 14.5 gallons.

Here's the rest of the pics I took and not in any order..:

“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Forgot to post the Trike rideImage