Saturday's Monthly Ride

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Saturday's Monthly Ride

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

We rode this last Saturday to two places, one to make a donation to a good cause and the other to Ride to Eat! :ShitGrinandThumb:
First off we rode to the Burton Complex (local) to participate in a Suicide Prevention Walk, before we left the Harley shop we all pitched in and made a donation for the cause.
The group arriving around 9;30am.
Image We rode to two places this last Saturday, one was a trip to the Burton Compl

Then a group picture before heading out on our regular scheduled monthly ride.

Then we were off to Spanky's an eatery in Orange Texas, not too long a ride since we had the detour earlier..
This was our first visit to Spanky's and I'm sure we will be back in the future.

13 bikes and no passengers this time aound

The group inside.. food was great

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: Saturday's Monthly Ride

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

44 views and no comments!!
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:56 am
Not much to comment on

I just like to look at the pics. Reminds me of some of the rides I used to go on with a group of us old guys.

There were 5-6 of us from all over San Diego county and we would meet every Saturday at the Descanso Cafe in a little town in east county. They called themselves "The older than hell angels", at 60 I was the youngest of the bunch.

When I joined them there were 6 but within a couple of months we lost 1 to a stroke. I am the only one that is still breathing and seeing your pics reminds me of them and takes me back to those days and the fun we had.

Strange feeling, happy times but kinda sad now.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Without trying to sound like an ass - pics of a bunch of guys on Harleys going to a diner is probably not that interesting to anyone else - unless you are part of the group.

And it appears not too many people here ride much anymore either.

No doubt Springy will be along soon to liven up the thread now that I've posted in it.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:56 pm
Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Without trying to sound like an ass - pics of a bunch of guys on Harleys going to a diner is probably not that interesting to anyone else - unless you are part of the group.

No doubt Springy will be along soon to liven up the thread now that I've posted in it.

I've liked your motorcycle posts that you show us now and then and I can only imagine if we were to meet somewhere on the open road we would soon become road buddies :ShitGrinandThumb:

But in this case
You are being an ass with your post.. You have truly shown your bias towards Harley Davidsons with your comment..

there I fixed it for you:

Without trying to sound like an ass - pics of a bunch of guys on "motorcycles" going to a diner is probably not that interesting to anyone else - unless you are part of the group.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:04 am
hillsy v2 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:56 pm
Suzuki Johnny wrote:

I've liked your motorcycle posts that you show us now and then and I can only imagine if we were to meet somewhere on the open road we would soon become road buddies :ShitGrinandThumb:

But in this case
You are being an ass with your post.. You have truly shown your bias towards Harley Davidsons with your comment..

there I fixed it for you:

Without trying to sound like an ass - pics of a bunch of guys on "motorcycles" going to a diner is probably not that interesting to anyone else - unless you are part of the group.
I wasn't trying to be an ass - but what I said is true.