OUR RIDE TODAY

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

OUR RIDE TODAY

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I attended our 2nd HOG ride of the month today... we named it Ride Deux which translates to ride two (of the month).
Destination is voted on at the Harley shop before departure..voted for Regatta's restaurant in lake Arthur. La some 43 miles distant as the crow flies////we took the longer scenic route and ended up putting 116 miles on the scoot
The eatery is above the water and is only a few years into operation but the food is excellent and the service is likewise..

Nine bikes and 14 people..

We were scattered out in every direction in the parking lot since there were very few empty parking spaces

Some of us found the only shade around including me...The Black pearl is to the left in front

The view from the outside dining area

The crew....

Parked next to my bike was a Titan...kool bike

Temperature when I got back home at 1:45
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: OUR RIDE TODAY

Post by YoDude »

I see you had some fun, I'm about ready to get a few miles myself.....Is it echoing in here?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

:rock: :rock: :rock:
-DBTO

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Rode to meet old coots and temps were 34 at day light when I rolled out.Put a fleece uder the heavy Klim jacket and covered lower face inside full helmet.With winter gloves not too bad and have not put elc hook up back on bike yet for winter.Four of us old guys rode the motorcycles in and a 62 year old friend told me a cruise in and poker run for old cars and motorcycles was later at a shop.He had never been on a poker run!Told him would go check out the cars and may go on the run.Have been on lots of motorcycle poker runs but never a car one but been a long time for good reason.They tend to bring out the worst riders and lots want to drink a beer or two at every stop that flat can not ride to start with.
Good turn out but we were only motorcycles even when the temp up to 50 at 12 start time.Roll out was to be at 1AM.One guy talking to us said three of my friends are coming on harleys.Before one he told us one called and said too cold :lmao: .Told the friend since was for a good cause would go with him and paid my $20 and we pulled out at 1:20PM.Just a sign of how slow they were going to be.No drinking or drugs that I saw in around fifty [emoji106] .About half prewar and rest mostly old 60s/70s hot cars.Some really nice and enough rats to be fun.So slow it was not as much fun as it should have been.Took us till 4:35 to do less than 80 miles with the three draws inbetween first and last.I did not get even a pair but won a small door prize.Met a old motorcycle friend that knew me and asked if I still had my cowglide and old 37 truck.He was in a rat 41chevy flat bed and wanted to sell his 2000 cop bike that he had just got new the last year I rode with him.Not a bad day but just way too slow and did not need to be.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Some of those short pick up rides are the best [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"