RETIREE RIDE

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

RETIREE RIDE

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Today we went o a short ride to Hemphill, Texas to eat at Hemphil BBQ...we've been there several times..the food is great, an all BBQ menu..
10 bikes, which is a good crowd for us, we usually have 4 to 6 at most...it was hot...temps got up to 92, p/c skies helped but it still was rather warm .
forgot the camera at home and it didn't dawn on me that I could have taken some pics with my new cell phone...
But have one pic of the miles and time on my GPS........The pic says it all..

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: RETIREE RIDE

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

98VS1400 wrote:I'm in the GPS market. What is yours?

Keith........Mine is an old one a Garmin nuvi 255W... when I purchased it it had all the newest technology available at the time.....now it is outdated.. But it still gives me everything I need to know on the open road when on long distance trips....nearest fuel...nearest food joints and
most importantly nearest fuel....It is voice activated or you can mute.....and I can go on the internet for the newest updates available for my particular model ...It has never failed me yet...not once ... it's really reliable and has come through in a clutch more than once...
Dickie calls it my personal phone book.... [emoji106]

The only thing I don't like with mine is that you are unable to delete one saved destination at a time....you've got to clean all your past destinations....also You have to have an exact address that is listed on the Garmin, but when it doesn't recognize my destination I just enter an approximate location and go from there....... it's never more than a few miles off....

Now they have some GPS monitors that will give you the temperature of your ass in any kinds of weather.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

They are plenty listed on the internet....the new ones have information that I would consider useless for me, but that's my own preferences
yours may be entirely different.

I have two Garmin's....both the same models ...one for the truck and one for the bike...., If I were to purchase another ... I would go with another Garmin hands down.....just my .02
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

Garmin is what we use also. We have a Garmin Nuvi 200 that we have had since Christ was a corporal. Won't hold a charge anymore so it must always be plugged into a power source to function but has a lifetime update for it so once a year it gets brought up to speed. Does everything we want but we can eliminate individual addresses. :rag:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Just up dated my two Garmins...they still going strong... [emoji106]