2016 First Ride

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

2016 First Ride

Post by PCC »

Temps was around 36 degrees but hey gotta start the year out right so off I went to meet up with my Riding Group. Springfield Chapter of Retreads International. Met up at The Hook & Ladder Pizza.
Put a whopping 18 miles on for the day but it was all good.

Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: 2016 First Ride

Post by old time rider »

Mid 20s both morning when we rode.Used my elc yesterday and felt good.Not going but 20 miles today so just got my mittens and out two layers over my head before helmet and big banada over face.Stopped first at first day under new owner at local Suzuki/Yamaha/Kaw dealer.I was first customer at old dealer in 1976 and they took pics of us Friday as I was last out the door.New owner asked me to stop this AM to be his first as good luck for old dealoer and he wanted to start the same.He unlocked the door and with gear and helmet still on we shook hands as his shop manager took some pics.Then went on to Danville to me three other old coots that rode and later we took another ride in cold but nice sun.

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by PCC »

old time rider wrote:Mid 20s both morning when we rode.Used my elc yesterday and felt good.Not going but 20 miles today so just got my mittens and out two layers over my head before helmet and big banada over face.Stopped first at first day under new owner at local Suzuki/Yamaha/Kaw dealer.I was first customer at old dealer in 1976 and they took pics of us Friday as I was last out the door.New owner asked me to stop this AM to be his first as good luck for old dealoer and he wanted to start the same.He unlocked the door and with gear and helmet still on we shook hands as his shop manager took some pics.Then went on to Danville to me three other old coots that rode and later we took another ride in cold but nice sun.

Cool beans! [emoji106]
Of My Meanderings...

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

That's too cold to ride in....heated grips or not.

lol

Glad your having fun!!
-DBTO

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by PCC »

MadCow wrote:That's too cold to ride in....heated grips or not.

lol

Glad your having fun!!
My bike has that huge Windshield and on these cold days it is a blessing. [emoji2]
Now heated grips would be good. For me the only thing that was really cold... Fingers.
Of My Meanderings...

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Thanks for the pics. [emoji106]
Got out today for about 40 miles. Felt good. Lately it seems the first bike I head for is the Superlow. Shorter warm up time with the FI.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

MattSunn wrote:Thanks for the pics. [emoji106]
Got out today for about 40 miles. Felt good. Lately it seems the first bike I head for is the Superlow. Shorter warm up time with the FI.

Life on the road is much better since they invented FI [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"