My ride yesterday Feb 11.........

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
-DC-
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: RT SM6 + XL1200C

My ride yesterday Feb 11.........

Post by -DC- »

Traded a work day with Monday which is a holiday for me and I have a school system to inspect.....

So, I have this new set of Shinko tires that need scuffing in and the high temp is 75°....

I rode to Columbia MS and took 587 to Mendenhall, MS.....the twistiest road in MS......Runs beside the Pearl River all the way up although you don't actually see the river.....it is in a little disrepair so it's perfect for the purpose at hand...

If the sign said 30, I tried to do 50.....I just have to say, that ride yesterday was one of the best I have ever taken... jeans and leather jacket and was at the borderline of sweat...Creeks were up but clear, wind light from the north west, and bike was tracking like a roller coaster......Just me, the bike, the road, and nature..,..It is always nice with a new set of rubber, the curves is fluid and I swear with the slightly taller tread I get more lean angle before I drag the pegs, making for more adrenaline...... The Shinko rear was taller/fatter than the Michelin it replaced anyway so speedo correction is gone....registers identical to GPS now instead of higher than GPS by 2 mph or so...I had everything checked, wheel and head bearings included and all is good...I do have it scheduled for a carb job because the idle/primary circuit has been way too lean since I bought it and my mech noticed it without me telling him in about 10 seconds...He said he cut his teeth on stage one upgrades and will do that carb and guarantee it for $100...Gonna get that done next month before the blessing of the bikes....

But when you are rolling and the main jet takes over it is flawless, lean cond is gone and it purrs like it is supposed to.....makes for a great little road bike and not too shabby in the twisties, a lot better than the C50 was due to ground clearance.......

And yea, I did stop to listen to the wind in the trees, water flowing in the shallower creeks, the shadow of the early spring Sun thru the trees and enjoy the warmth of a beautiful February day in South and Central Mississippi.....

Life is good! Live it when ya can! [emoji106]
Being a grandpa is the bees knees.... :putput:

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Re: My ride yesterday Feb 11.........

Post by MattSunn »

Glad you enjoyed. [emoji106] We currently have 6 " of snow on the ground, but the rains are due to come through, so that should turn into a nice pile of slush overnight. We are gonna hit 57 tomorrow, so that should take care of the slush. [emoji106]
I just put a set of Shinko 230's on a set of wheels that are going on a Sportster, love those tires. A larger idle jet, one or two needle shims and a little tweaking of the mixture screw should take care of that lean condition. It's gonna run like a scalded dog! :clap: